ADVERTISEMENT

PC Quarterback

Aug 6, 2009
The starting quarterback for the Cougars has been dismissed from the football team according to multiple sources with in the school system/program. The question now is who steps up to fill that void for the Cougars. It is my understanding the next man up is/was the starting QB for the JV team who some say is capable but does not have the athletic skill set as the previous QB and of course the experience at the varsity level. At a minimum it takes a athletic presence and threat for PC out of the equation if nothing changes with the situation. I think most are speculating he will transfer to try and salvage his senior season.

The starting quarterback for the Cougars has been dismissed from the football team according to multiple sources with in the school system/program. The question now is who steps up to fill that void for the Cougars. It is my understanding the next man up is/was the starting QB for the JV team who some say is capable but does not have the athletic skill set as the previous QB and of course the experience at the varsity level. At a minimum it takes a athletic presence and threat for PC out of the equation if nothing changes with the situation. I think most are speculating he will transfer to try and salvage his senior season.
That's a terrible shame. Pulaski was looking like a playoff contender this year.

Rumor has it that he was going to transfer to Brookville back in March. If my memory serves me correctly, he is originally from Lynchburg but his family moved to Arizona when he was younger. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Pulaski Co will be just fine this year. James Jackson will be the QB and he is actually a better athlete than Akers. He is 6'3 and very fast with a very capable arm. Mainly PC will be better this year because they will a much better running team..Finley and Mannon will be young but much better than anything we had last year.Also we should be much improved defensively.

Thank you. Brookville should be a contender for the 3a crown if Akers transfers there. Brookville returns some serious weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

Brookville surprised a lot of people last year. They lost 4 good receivers the year before, and outside of Glaize, there were question marks, Brendon Brown, Zach Thompson and others stepped up big time. Add Kade Akers in the picture at QB and on paper Brookville will be nasty.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Transferring does no good when the issues aren’t football related. If you’re ineligible at one VHSL school then you’re ineligible at all VHSL schools.
If your inegligible for VHSL violations then maybe but, the thread didn't say why he was "dismissed" from the team.

Heard from a very reliable source that Akers hasn't so much as talked with the staff at Brookville.

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT