ADVERTISEMENT

PC/Salem..never happened before...

pcken

VaPreps Varsity
Feb 6, 2006
that both teams are undefeated at 9-0 going into the last game of the season. PC will have to play a perfect game and also get some help from Salem in the mistake dept. to have a chance. Should be a huge crowd with good weather.

It's kind of exciting to see this rivalry game build up all year. Damn, I wish I was able to make it out there for this game.

Reactions: mike salem
that both teams are undefeated at 9-0 going into the last game of the season. PC will have to play a perfect game and also get some help from Salem in the mistake dept. to have a chance. Should be a huge crowd with good weather.

The teams only started playing in the last week in 2003, but one would have thought a clash of 9-0's would have happened prior to this year. Closest they came before was in '04 (both 8-1) and '08 ( Salem 8-1, PC 9-0). I'm glad to see the old rivalry get some much-needed new life and fire breathed into it. Similar to when Torrence got things turned around at Northside, and kick-started Salem's rivalry with the Vikings. We're both better when we're both good.

Best of luck to the Cougars this week! I'm hoping for dry weather and a huge crowd.

The teams only started playing in the last week in 2003, but one would have thought a clash of 9-0's would have happened prior to this year. Closest they came before was in '04 (both 8-1) and '08 ( Salem 8-1, PC 9-0). I'm glad to see the old rivalry get some much-needed new life and fire breathed into it. Similar to when Torrence got things turned around at Northside, and kick-started Salem's rivalry with the Vikings. We're both better when we're both good.

Best of luck to the Cougars this week! I'm hoping for dry weather and a huge crowd.

I think the good weather will help in making this a huge crowd! Any guesses to the size of the 50/50 pot this Friday? I would love to win that!

Reactions: mike salem
I think the good weather will help in making this a huge crowd! Any guesses to the size of the 50/50 pot this Friday? I would love to win that!

If the weather's good, I'd guess the crowd will be in the 8-to-9,000 range. So, $1,500, maybe? I never play it, actually. I should start - that would pay for plenty of hot dogs and M&M's.

If the weather's good, I'd guess the crowd will be in the 8-to-9,000 range. So, $1,500, maybe? I never play it, actually. I should start - that would pay for plenty of hot dogs and M&M's.

I would take some to the New Yorker in Roanoke and get an Italian sub!

I just want to see a good, hard game between two solid teams. As much as I want the Cougars to win, I dont want it to be a game where one team makes a lot of turnovers that allows it to be a runaway---even if the turnovers benefit the Cougars!! More importantly...no injuries this close to the playoffs.

It was almost $900 for the CS game. A packed stadium will hit $2000 without trying.

Reactions: Amgis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT