ADVERTISEMENT

Perfect Day

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Yesterday was an amazing day. I got to spend the day with my younger brother and my nephews all day, they came to pick me up. I got to see DinwiddieProud, BleedingNavy, Rke fan, oneman, & matthew328826 before the game. The game was so good they played a couple of extra rounds with Salem pulling it out on a FG by Craft. I talked with his mom, dad, & grandma after the game, how exciting for the Craft family and for all of the Spartans!

I know I will forget people, but I stayed over an hour talking to family members and friends after the game. I talked with Braxton Wall's parents, Vincent Pinello's dad, Anthony Morris' family, Blake Mousheigan's mom, Willis White, Tyler & Avery Close's family, Johnathan Cummings' parents, Riley Fox's dad and brother Coleman, Lee Eubanks, the list goes on & on. (Sorry I know I forgot a lot of people, but there were a ton)

It was so good seeing everyone and reveling in community pride, commiserating with family members on the year (a lot of SR's whose career is finished) & all of those Jr's and Sophomores that will lead us next year. I got to spend the game with my dad and sister (in-law, but she's just as much my sister if she was born into my family) After the game I went up the hill to my parents house to give my mom a hug and see my older brother. When I got to Salem we went up to Main Street just up from my house and cheered the band and the football players as they came home!

Thanks to my family who made it possible for me to enjoy that perfect day- I didn't even get cold being outside till nearly midnight. Thanks to my Preps & Salem family that made it possible for me to get the van to come to Lynchburg. Perfect Day!

Last edited:
Cant speak for everyone, but the smile on your face before the game was a gift i will never forget. The good game was icing on the cake.

Reactions: mike salem
Thank you Mike for sharing your thoughts and family with me ! Congrats to Lake Taylor on a great season ! WE , the Salem community wish all of their players well and we obviously understand their pain ! They are not losers and are an awesome team ! As far as all the other stuff being thrown around , well that is football and I think there are some Salem fans that have been guilty of this ! Was this flag wrong or this one right ? There are a lot of plays in a football game and a lot of chances ! The field goal , the one made and the one missed on the same goal posts ! The possible interception by Salem ! Thank you Lake Taylor for bringing it and bringing out the best in our players and team and we wish the Lake Taylor community well ! No matter what is said or talked about or if we played with no goal posts , this was a great game by two great teams ! I wish all the Lake Taylor players the best !

Yesterday was an amazing day. I got to spend the day with my younger brother and my nephews all day, they came to pick me up. I got to see DinwiddieProud, BleedingNavy, Rke fan, oneman, & Matt Hatfield of Preps before the game. The game was so good they played a couple of extra rounds with Salem pulling it out on a FG by Craft. I talked with his mom, dad, & grandma after the game, how exciting for the Craft family and for all of the Spartans!

I know I will forget people, but I stayed over an hour talking to family members and friends after the game. I talked with Braxton Wall's parents, Vincent Pinello's dad, Anthony Morris' family, Blake Mousheigan's mom, Willis White, Tyler & Avery Close's family, Johnathan Cummings' parents, Riley Fox's dad and brother Coleman, Lee Eubanks, the list goes on & on. (Sorry I know I forgot a lot of people, but there were a ton)

It was so good seeing everyone and reveling in community pride, commiserating with family members on the year (a lot of SR's whose career is finished) & all of those Jr's and Sophomores that will lead us next year. I got to spend the game with my dad and sister (in-law, but she's just as much my sister if she was born into my family) After the game I went up the hill to my parents house to give my mom a hug and see my older brother. When I got to Salem we went up to Main Street just up from my house and cheered the band and the football players as they came home!

Thanks to my family who made it possible for me to enjoy that perfect day- I didn't even get cold being outside till nearly midnight. Thanks to my Preps & Salem family that made it possible for me to get the van to come to Lynchburg. Perfect Day!

I'm glad you got to enjoy and experience such a great day. I still haven't had the pleasure of meeting you (I know, my fault), but if anyone deserves it, I'd say you're that guy.

The weather even cooperated. Mid-December - it could have been doing anything outside yesterday! We all got lucky on that count.

Reactions: mike salem
I'm glad you got to enjoy and experience such a great day. I still haven't had the pleasure of meeting you (I know, my fault), but if anyone deserves it, I'd say you're that guy.

The weather even cooperated. Mid-December - it could have been doing anything outside yesterday! We all got lucky on that count.
We will remedy that meeting one another this coming year, let's make that happen. I enjoy reading your posts and your vast knowledge of Salem football history. You are one of the last Salem posters that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT