1. King’s Fork (21-3)
2. Wilson (17-7)
3. Courtland (24-2)/Monacan winner
4. Halifax (23-4)
5. Monacan (19-4)/Courtland loser
6. GW (20-8)
7. Loudoun County (20-5)
8. Millbrook (21-7)

From what I’ve seen there’s a big gap between King’s Fork than the rest of the field. If GW can beat LoCo, they can compete with anybody. This was based off of strength of schedule and final scores. Wilson’s SOS is pretty strong, which is my reasoning for putting them @ #2

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
1. King’s Fork (WITHOUT QUESTION)
2. Wilson
3. Halifax County (they were my favorites coming into the season)
4. Monacan
5. GW/Courtland

1. King’s Fork (21-3)
2. Wilson (17-7)
3. Courtland (24-2)/Monacan winner
4. Halifax (23-4)
5. Monacan (19-4)/Courtland loser
6. GW (20-8)
7. Loudoun County (20-5)
8. Millbrook (21-7)

From what I’ve seen there’s a big gap between King’s Fork than the rest of the field. If GW can beat LoCo, they can compete with anybody. This was based off of strength of schedule and final scores. Wilson’s SOS is pretty strong, which is my reasoning for putting them @ #2

for a sec there I was confused. I thought you meant if George Wythe can beat Louisa (GW&LoCo)??? I got you though.

I would say my personal thoughts are this:

1.KF - has been dominant all year.
2. Monacan - injury riddled start to season just now gelling...a championship run depends on Justyn Fernandez’ health.
3. GW - don’t think they would lose to Halifax again
4. Wilson - have them 4th Bc of head to head loss vs KF
5. Halifax - really good squad, but worry they just cashed in their magic coin with the buzzer beater. But Maybe that will propel them even more.
6. Courtland - if they beat Monacan on Monday they will be in my top 3.
7. LC
8. Millbrook

I do not believe there is a huge separation between these teams even at the top. These are high school kids and momentum is real thing. This is not a 7 game series. Shots fall some nights and others they don’t. I think the top 6 I named have a good shot at this thing.

for a sec there I was confused. I thought you meant if George Wythe can beat Louisa (GW&LoCo)??? I got you though.

I would say my personal thoughts are this:

1.KF - has been dominant all year.
2. Monacan - injury riddled start to season just now gelling...a championship run depends on Justyn Fernandez’ health.
3. GW - don’t think they would lose to Halifax again
4. Wilson - have them 4th Bc of head to head loss vs KF
5. Halifax - really good squad, but worry they just cashed in their magic coin with the buzzer beater. But Maybe that will propel them even more.
6. Courtland - if they beat Monacan on Monday they will be in my top 3.
7. LC
8. Millbrook

I do not believe there is a huge separation between these teams even at the top. These are high school kids and momentum is real thing. This is not a 7 game series. Shots fall some nights and others they don’t. I think the top 6 I named have a good shot at this thing.
Big GW fan here bro, they wouldn’t beat Woodrow or KF. It’s going to be hard knocking either of those two teams off. Both have elite guard play and size. Can shoot the 3 and defend all 94 feet. Both will have to play horrible to get knocked off by the remaining field.

Looking at their schedule, they blew out John Champe who I know was ranked as #1 in either class 5 or 6 one of these weeks. They also beat a Green Run team who is loaded. I honestly hadn't seen or heard anything about Wilson.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Looking at their schedule, they blew out John Champe who I know was ranked as #1 in either class 5 or 6 one of these weeks. They also beat a Green Run team who is loaded. I honestly hadn't seen or heard anything about Wilson.
Wilson is the real deal too. They play in the district with Norview, Churchland, Norcom, and Maury. They have to bring it every night and it showed last night as they had a chance to beat KF. Hard to imagine there’s a team in Virginia better than KF in any classification.

Big GW fan here bro, they wouldn’t beat Woodrow or KF. It’s going to be hard knocking either of those two teams off. Both have elite guard play and size. Can shoot the 3 and defend all 94 feet. Both will have to play horrible to get knocked off by the remaining field.

Woodrow lost 7 games this year though. They played a hard schedule. GW could beat Wilson.. will they? We will see. Even the mighty bulldogs of KF lost games they shouldn’t have. I agree they are the favorites but I certainly don’t think it is a lock.

Woodrow lost 7 games this year though. They played a hard schedule. GW could beat Wilson.. will they? We will see. Even the mighty bulldogs of KF lost games they shouldn’t have. I agree they are the favorites but I certainly don’t think it is a lock.
Always any given night. Freedom- South Riding was probably the lowest rated team in 5a last year and went to the State Championship, beating Halifax (21-6) and Potomac Falls (27-2); They were the team that gave Potomac Falls their only 2 losses of the season also.

Reactions: mbonape1
Gimme a 7 loss Tidewater team this time of year over a 2 loss team West of Richmond any day. Different animal down there. Those guys are built differently. 757 4A basketball was down last year, Wilson and KF are real this year. KF lost to Western Branch, who’s still playing in 6A, by 1, Norview by 4, who’s still playing and lost to a real good Indian River team who would be a top team if they were 4A. I’ve seen all but 3 teams left, KF is head and shoulders better than all. Wilson a tier down from KF. With that being said, I think Monacan will beat up on Courtland and get a shot at Wilson. I’d be very surprised if KF isn’t in the final.

I'll say upfront that I haven't seen any of these teams play this year. I was expecting Huguenot to beat Courtland after they dropped 100 on Chancellor in the region quarterfinals. Courtland beat them. So I wouldn't count Courtland out at home on Monday or in the state tourney. Have a good one!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT