Patrick Henry Patriots
won Hidden Valley 48-7
lost Jefferson Forest 40-35
won William Fleming 31-15
lost Albermarle 22-21
won Christiansburg 52-14
lost Pulaski County 21-14
won Cave Spring 41-14

First of all , Quishon Calfee is a great QB and a three year starter for PH ! He is tall at 6'4" and strong and has a very strong arm . PH will look to spread Salem out and take advantage of Calfee's speed and elusiveness to make big plays . Against Jefferson Forest, the Cavaliers got off to big lead and then Calfee brought the Patriots back, taking a lead midway through fourth quarter 35-34 . Against Albermarle , I believe they were up 21-0 and then lost late . Against Pulaski County , they were up at halftime only due to the Cougars mistakes because they led 14-7 but both touchdowns were scored on defense I believe and it was a wet field but Pulaski is the only team to really shut out the Patriots .

Salem Spartans
won Amherst 45-12
won William Byrd 49-21
won Northside 38-14
won Hidden Valley 77-14
won Blacksburg 56-10
won Christiansburg 49-7

On offense , Salem is a bread and butter power I team with 5'11" 216 pound fullback Alex Ramsey and 5'6" 165 pound halfback Donte Clayborne . Both are very tough ! Ramsey is spelled quite a bit as he is only player to play both ways on team . You will also see 6'201 Deangelo Ramsey and 6' 211 " Riley Fox . That being said Salem makes plays in the passing game through play action with junior QB Noah Beckley , who can and will run at times . He is no Michael Vick but not just a pocket passer . Salem will at times spread the other team out , even on first down with 4 wideouts , and they will throw to several wide receivers and tight ends and to full back Ramsey out of backfield . They are a basic offense that runs diverse plays at times . They have had injuries to at least 3 starters on offensive line and the back ups have stepped up. 2 of the lineman will be back, one out for season .

To summarize, this will be a true test for both teams as PH has the talent to stay with a great teams like Jefferson Forest and Pulaski . They are speedy at every position . Salem will have to bring its A game !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT