ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus 42 Lake Taylor 16 Final

Phoebus Fan

VaPreps All Region
Jul 12, 2003
Another Saturday afternoon game and another Jordan Bass showcase. Lake Taylor pulled some dirty strings behind the scenes and got some players suspended but it didn’t matter.

The way teams celebrate scoring on Phoebus is hilarious. Refs aided Lake Taylor a lot today but it is what it is. Brentsville you are on the clock.

Another Saturday afternoon game and another Jordan Bass showcase. Lake Taylor pulled some dirty strings behind the scenes and got some players suspended but it didn’t matter.

The way teams celebrate scoring on Phoebus is hilarious. Refs aided Lake Taylor a lot today but it is what it is. Brentsville you are on the clock.
I remember about 6 years ago one of our players who did not start, played a few minutes in two games but did not submit the necessary medical forms were found out by a regional opponent and turned into VHSL who then disqualified three of our wins and we missed the playoffs. Dirty pool all around!

I remember about 6 years ago one of our players who did not start, played a few minutes in two games but did not submit the necessary medical forms were found out by a regional opponent and turned into VHSL who then disqualified three of our wins and we missed the playoffs. Dirty pool all around!
I’ve heard of teams doing this before and they knew about it all season and don’t report it until after they play them smh.

There were actually no ineligible players from Phoebus. They were suspended for leaving the bench while Norcom's entire team (except #4) were ganging up on a few of the Phoebus players on their sidelines last week. It was an ugly melee. Pretty much the entire Phoebus team left the bench area before being immediately sent back by the Phoebus coaches. However LT's staff felt it was necessary to contact VHSL to have Phoebus disqualified for today's game however VSHL commended Phoebus for the way the coaches handled the players before they crossed the field and they ended up only selecting a couple of starters from Phoebus to suspend! Nice try LT, you succeeded in suspending two starters but you still fell short on the field. Helmets to the left, shoulder pads to the right and have a great winter!

I saw this one coming. That's why it was my most shocking upset if LT won

I don't think it's really dirty pool when a team violates rules; however, if the medical forms were done and on file with the AD then the District/Region/VHSL should have accepted them. The reason I included the district was because the offense occurred in 2010. Back then the "medical" forms in question were submitted with the MEL (eligibility list) and included insurance, emergency contacts, and any medical alerts. Coaches were required by rule to have these forms with them at all games. Not sure what the policy is now. Not sure how another team would know if the forms had been done unless the district/region/vhsl required another submission prior to the playoffs. I know you are required to submit a playoff roster.

I don't think it's really dirty pool when a team violates rules; however, if the medical forms were done and on file with the AD then the District/Region/VHSL should have accepted them. The reason I included the district was because the offense occurred in 2010. Back then the "medical" forms in question were submitted with the MEL (eligibility list) and included insurance, emergency contacts, and any medical alerts. Coaches were required by rule to have these forms with them at all games. Not sure what the policy is now. Not sure how another team would know if the forms had been done unless the district/region/vhsl required another submission prior to the playoffs. I know you are required to submit a playoff roster.
I don’t how they were found out but is was by a team that was to be a lower seed in the playoffs. Our AD was quite strong that it should be a warning not multiple forfeits by VHSL. They denied that request. Being my nature I would have sued and have an injunction as this minor, hardly used player decision affected 35 other players. Oh well!

I don’t how they were found out but is was by a team that was to be a lower seed in the playoffs. Our AD was quite strong that it should be a warning not multiple forfeits by VHSL. They denied that request. Being my nature I would have sued and have an injunction as this minor, hardly used player decision affected 35 other players. Oh well!
Not saying you are providing a false narrative, but there had to be something else. I think your AD may have goofed up and was covering his tracks by saying it was one form. As previously stated a medical form was part of the MEL that is certified to be accurate and submitted to the VHSL, but to make a team forfiet three games seems to be overkill. I would bet this kid was a transfer. Maybe the players parents had a beef with the coach about playing time and self reported. Do a FOIA Request and find out. Filing a lawsuit when you are wrong just to play a game would result in stiffer penalties. Your AD took it in the chin for a reason. He screwed up and the school owned it.

Reactions: Lafayette
Not saying you are providing a false narrative, but there had to be something else. I think your AD may have goofed up and was covering his tracks by saying it was one form. As previously stated a medical form was part of the MEL that is certified to be accurate and submitted to the VHSL, but to make a team forfiet three games seems to be overkill. I would bet this kid was a transfer. Maybe the players parents had a beef with the coach about playing time and self reported. Do a FOIA Request and find out. Filing a lawsuit when you are wrong just to play a game would result in stiffer penalties. Your AD took it in the chin for a reason. He screwed up and the school owned it.
The AD did own up to the missing medical form and knew it was a violation when reviewed after another party reported it. The primary issue made to the VHSL was that the 3 game forfeit, especially as it forced the team out of the playoffs was too severe and should have been a reprimand. The player was not on the varsity for the other 7 games, played a few minutes in 1 and on the sidelines for two. Not sure if he was a transfer or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT