ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Comments

LOL! Me too.
Lol!! Just talking some smack Wikki! Hope to see you Friday night! I don’t get off until 4 so I should be there by time of the national anthem (depending on traffic on 85) but I plan to be there!
I remember when you told me how good Amherst was. They really stepped up last Friday night and seem to be back on track. Just giving you a hard time also. I just want you to sound like pioneer4life, he’s a little cocky. I’m probably not coming because my friend has to babysit her grandchildren and I’m not coming by myself. I really enjoyed meeting you at Amherst, one is the nicest people I’ve met on here

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I remember when you told me how good Amherst was. They really stepped up last Friday night and seem to be back on track. Just giving you a hard time also. I just want you to sound like pioneer4life, he’s a little cocky. I’m probably not coming because my friend has to babysit her grandchildren and I’m not coming by myself. I really enjoyed meeting you at Amherst, one is the nicest people I’ve met on here
Jfcav said no one picked Amherst when actually they did but no one picked JF

I appreciate your kind words! Likewise meeting you! I will keep you updated Friday! Amherst is a top 4 team in the Region if it had not been for a couple bad bounces! My boys will have to bring their big boy pants Friday if they want to advance! Pay me no mind running my mouth to Mike lol!!!

I thought of this weeks picks the same way I do the March Madness. Upsets will happen somewhere so if you guess right you are a genius. Guess wrong and your bracket is busted. So I tried to pick upsets that would be against the majority. I wish every team the best and I hope for no injuries. Thank you Mike for all your time and effort this has been really fun

I appreciate your kind words! Likewise meeting you! I will keep you updated Friday! Amherst is a top 4 team in the Region if it had not been for a couple bad bounces! My boys will have to bring their big boy pants Friday if they want to advance! Pay me no mind running my mouth to Mike lol!!!
I don't blame you for having passion for your team. I do for Amherst, lol

There is a site called ScoreStream that is really cool that keeps you updated better than any website I have seen.

I don't blame you for having passion for your team. I do for Amherst, lol

There is a site called ScoreStream that is really cool that keeps you updated better than any website I have seen.
I’ll text you the link where you can listen to the game live on Friday. @Chuck Vipperman (GW) does an amazing live broadcast of all GW’s games. You can listen on your phone or computer.

Jfcav said no one picked Amherst when actually they did but no one picked JF
At the point in time, nobody had. Check the time stamps, thanks though :)

And credit was being given to Amherst by me saying that, because having seen both teams, feel like Amherst is the better team as a whole. Thus why I’m (was) surprised.

And of course nobody picked JF, that makes sense completely. One person finally did but that must be their dark horse pick

Hopefully we can pack JT Christopher out for the playoffs. If it’s anything like the Courtland game in 14 then it’s gonna be loud and rocking!
I fear it may seem more like a home game for Amherst. No band this week. Magna Vista game this year should have been packed, but place was dead. It was great weather that night and they are supposed to be our rival. Granted there was a Trace Adkins concert in Danville that night but still.

I fear it may seem more like a home game for Amherst. No band this week. Magna Vista game this year should have been packed, but place was dead. It was great weather that night and they are supposed to be our rival. Granted there was a Trace Adkins concert in Danville that night but still.
good points. I actually like the bands just not playing the entire game.

And credit was being given to Amherst by me saying that, because having seen both teams, feel like Amherst is the better team as a whole. Thus why I’m (was) surprised.

And of course nobody picked JF, that makes sense completely. One person finally did but that must be their dark horse pick
I picked Amherst before you made your comment, just saying. Good luck to the Cavs, Blacksburg is tough defensively as well as offensively.

For the record GW had lots of injuries when they played both Amherst and JF! When we played JF that was the the 3rd string RB that still was able to get the job done! Amherst game before the 1's got hurt in the 2nd qtr the score was 28-6! Facts!!!

I picked Amherst before you made your comment, just saying. Good luck to the Cavs, Blacksburg is tough defensively as well as offensively.
Must have overlooked that one, my bad. Regardless, point being it’s surprising more people didn’t pick them. Figured there would be a split closer to 50/50

Reactions: mike salem
That happened with Brooke Point in 2012. GW played with no type of enthusiasm. The atmosphere was terrible and a good GW team lost to a bad Brooke Point team. It was maybe 30 people on the home side. Don't mean to step on any shoes but that's horrible planning on the band's end. Hopefully people will come out and support these hardworking young men.

That happened with Brooke Point in 2012. GW played with no type of enthusiasm. The atmosphere was terrible and a good GW team lost to a bad Brooke Point team. It was maybe 30 people on the home side. Don't mean to step on any shoes but that's horrible planning on the band's end. Hopefully people will come out and support these hardworking young men.
Well the band really couldn’t turn down this opportunity. They are undefeated this year, won the 5a state title and got invited to a competition at MetLife Stadium.

Well the band really couldn’t turn down this opportunity. They are undefeated this year, won the 5a state title and got invited to a competition at MetLife Stadium.
Yeah I know! Gimme helping the football team win a State over that any day! Y’all notice every high school band is an award winning band? I never been to a high school where that wasn’t the case lol! Hope we can make some noise for the home team. It sucks that Danville only has 1 high school with sports and people barely support them. With all of the crime and external problems that the city deals with, you’d expect the city to rally around these boys. Hopefully they come out and support these young men.

ADVERTISEMENT