ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em information

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
I'm doing the Pick em again if that's ok with everyone. I'm doing preliminary work on Week 1 and let me tell you, if you plan to play you better get your picks in by Thursday every week. Just looking at the schedule it seems like 40% of the schedule is Thursday games. With difficulty in finding enough officials the last few years games have to be spread over the weekend. Not to mention potential weather and other unforseen disruptions that in the past has caused games to be played any day of the week. I'll try to post picks by Sunday each week to give you time to pick by Thursday.

I'll post the rules soon and I look forward to a lot of participation. This will primarily be a C4 Pick em, but there will be multiple games from any Class over the course of the year. Generally, the order which I pick games is C4 and then sizes closest to that. (Ex: C4, C3, C5, C6, C2, C1) I try to pick an even amount of East and West games, but it's not always going to work out evenly.

I may run a Pick em for NCAA & NFL games. Lmk in the comments if you would like to see a Pick em for those levels. I'm considering doing both together like I have recently, doing one or the other, or not doing either. I'll gauge interest based on comments.

I may run a Down to 4 Contest also. (Picking Final 4 Semifinalists in each Class before the season) Lmk in the comments if you want this contest as well.

For information purposes, we had 23 regular pickers at the end of the season for the HS Pick em. We only had 13 play in the Down to 4 Contest. For the NCAA/NFL Pick em we only had 8 pickers at the end of the year. I know the last contest is a long one, but to make it more fun and worth doing, we need double that number to be weekly participants.

So just lmk which other games you want to see or plan to participate in. (I'll definitely do a HS Pick em, but everything else is dependent on interest.) Any other suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thank you for playing along!

I was thinking about you and the pickem yesterday. I was going to drop you a note to see if you were doing it again. I’m sure I speak for the masses, we definitely want you to take care of it, and we are very appreciative of you doing it again.

Me personally Mike, I hope you will do a HS pickem by itself. I’m sure there are a lot that would enjoy an NCAA/NFL pickem too.

I will participate in the HS contest. And I’ll try to stick with it till the end this season. Every year, something always happens to make me miss a week, and I just drop out. This year, I’m determined to see it through to the end. After all, somebody needs to finish last!!!

I was thinking about you and the pickem yesterday. I was going to drop you a note to see if you were doing it again. I’m sure I speak for the masses, we definitely want you to take care of it, and we are very appreciative of you doing it again.

Me personally Mike, I hope you will do a HS pickem by itself. I’m sure there are a lot that would enjoy an NCAA/NFL pickem too.

I will participate in the HS contest. And I’ll try to stick with it till the end this season. Every year, something always happens to make me miss a week, and I just drop out. This year, I’m determined to see it through to the end. After all, somebody needs to finish last!!!
Oh yeah, I'm definitely doing a HS Pick em by itself no matter what. The other contests may or may not happen depending on interest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT