ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Playoffs Week 3 Comments

Hey, I went 4-0 vs. The Spread last week.

And even though I am of the mind one play NEVER changes the outcome of a game, the no forcible contact leading to fumble for Browns was a killer. Browns should have won, and even though I am excited for the future, I am still a bit bummed my team lost

That and the fumble into the end zone and out of bounds on the same play. The penalty would have occurred prior to the fumble, which would have negated the change of possession. That rule is one that I have never understood and have always wondered why it was never changed.

I also think a stiff arm should be illegal. Protecting the player, but it's basically a punch to the head. This could be a whole new thread.

That and the fumble into the end zone and out of bounds on the same play. The penalty would have occurred prior to the fumble, which would have negated the change of possession. That rule is one that I have never understood and have always wondered why it was never changed.

I also think a stiff arm should be illegal. Protecting the player, but it's basically a punch to the head. This could be a whole new thread.
That should have been a targeting call on that fumble into the endzone. No question in my mind it was targeting, and I'm not a Browns fan.

That should have been a targeting call on that fumble into the endzone. No question in my mind it was targeting, and I'm not a Browns fan.

It should have been (I am a Browns fan), but that is not reviewable in NFL. So while they can go look at the fumble (which was absolutely caused by the targeting) and agree that it was, they can still only call the fumble and touchback.

And I still somewhat fault Higgins, because that is the ONLY part of the field where you are penalized like that. You have to protect the ball more than trying to reach out to score. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see that rule change. It is a TERRIBLE rule to give the ball to the defense there. If that same thing happened and ball went out at 1 inch line you keep ball. In endzone you lose it?

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT