ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 1 comments

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
If you want to discuss picks, please do it here rather than on the actual Pick em thread. Makes it easier to tabulate scores.

@blackknight_pride you were the first person I seen that picked Dan River. I think you’re up to something. Saw them Friday night and if Magna Vista doesn’t fix that QB situation you’re going to have a big win on that one. That’s the hardest game on the pick em along with Norcom/Hopewell and Northside/Pulaski.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
@blackknight_pride you were the first person I seen that picked Dan River. I think you’re up to something. Saw them Friday night and if Magna Vista doesn’t fix that QB situation you’re going to have a big win on that one. That’s the hardest game on the pick em along with Norcom/Hopewell and Northside/Pulaski.

Yessir its just a gut feeling. Especially after hearing your optimism about them after the GW scrimmage.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I see how it is . You hype up Dan River to get everybody to go for them and then slide in the Warriors so you can get ahead in the contest.. It is sort of like the perfect gambling face.
LOL it took me 3 days to get get my picks in. I’m hoping MV gets the ball to their sophomore QB so my pick is right lol..Knowing DR they’ll be down 28-0 in the 4th and win 29-28 at their house.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
Get your picks in Gals and Guys. Let's see if we can set a new record for participants this year.

Remember, there is a Thursday night game, so make your picks and get them posted before game time on Thursday.

Thank you to Mike, as always.

Just a word to the wise...all who picked Clarke over Dominion must have missed that Clarke graduated those D-1 lineman and are scuffling this year. Dominion gets a good measure of revenge this year!
I know, I know, just don't want to pick against my boys the first game of the season. I'm hoping the info I got from Peyton Rutherford last week is correct.:cool::confused:

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Who is rock ridge and where are they from?
Rock Ridge High School is a public secondary school in Ashburn in Loudoun County, Virginia. The school is part of the Loudoun County Public Schools system. It is currently the second newest high school in the school system, with the newest being Riverside. Rock Ridge's student body is drawn from the Ashburn and Dulles area. Previous students of Briar Woods High School, John Champe High School, and Broad Run High School made up Rock Ridge's first student body.

Hoping or dreaming? mags will have Salem ready , tough game for Amherst to start with .
Amherst did it in 2016 when they were down by 14. Don’t think anyone expected that. I love my Lancers but just don’t see it this year. The coaching issues and they lost 20 something seniors, very young team

Amherst did it in 2016 when they were down by 14. Don’t think anyone expected that. I love my Lancers but just don’t see it this year. The coaching issues and they lost 20 something seniors, very young team
Hang in there Wikki , everything changes over time, Amherst will be back some day

You act like it's impossible. Salem has like a 5-3 September record the past 2 years. What you should be worried about is November Salem, not September Salem.
A lot of us would like to see Amherst do well this season after the bad luck they had this offseason. He didn’t say “I hope they beat Salem” to be vindictive, we all would like to see those kids win a meaningful game this year.

Ok gang, only 24 hours left to get your picks in. Mike said we started last season with 51 players. So far, I count only 45 this year.

I sure would like to see us get 60!!!

There are a lot of you out there that read and seldom post..., please jump on in with us. It cost nothing, and you can triple your investment by simply playing along with us.

I don't even know who half these schools are. I thought maybe I would know more in the lower classes, but then remembered I don't know the difference between Honaker and Hannukah.

I don't even know who half these schools are. I thought maybe I would know more in the lower classes, but then remembered I don't know the difference between Honaker and Hannukah.
I really had to stretch to find games this week, especially in the East because about half of those schools don't play Week 1. Most of those schools don't start school till after Labor Day, hence the early off week.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I really had to stretch to find games this week, especially in the East because about half of those schools don't play Week 1. Most of those schools don't start school till after Labor Day, hence the early off week.

Hey Mike, and the rest of you. I think I made a mistake. I said get your picks in by 7:00 on Thursday. I do not believe any of the games in the selections are being played tomorrow. So if you get your picks posted before KO on Friday, you will be in good shape.

Sorry about the mis-information.

Reactions: mike salem
The problem is my lack of knowledge. It won't matter what week of the season it is.

Hey Mike, and the rest of you. I think I made a mistake. I said get your picks in by 7:00 on Thursday. I do not believe any of the games in the selections are being played tomorrow. So if you get your picks posted before KO on Friday, you will be in good shape.

Sorry about the mis-information.

Yes, just trying to get people flustered and rush their picks to give yourself a better chance. We know the game lol

Reactions: mike salem
I count exactly 50 paticipants. We started with 51 last year. I was hoping for 60 this year.

A few more of you jump in so we can have the best year yet.

(Well, its 50 if you count Bleeding Navy's picks. But they are soooo bad, I'm not sure they can be counted as picks!!!)

Just kidding Navy, just kidding. Don't go having another heart attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT