ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 2 comments

I say Millbrook whoops em.

If Savon Smith was guaranteed to play I'd agree with you but without him Millbrook is an entirely different team. They struggled against a Jefferson (WV) team that didn't win a game last year. That being said, Jefferson should be much improved over last year because last year the injury bug hit them really hard before the season could get going.

That could make a big difference if he doesn't play. Do you know if he played against Jefferson?

He did not. According to the Winchester Star the boot was on during warm-ups, but I'm not sure about anything beyond that. Hoping it's not something that'll bother him beyond high school because he could definitely go on to play at the next level and also hoping he'll be back on the field soon.

Last edited:
Mike, no Dinwiddie @ Smithfield?
I could be wrong, but I don't see this being a close game. Smithfield made a game of it last year for a half, but IDK about this year. Don't worry they'll be a game of the week next week. Hey, @DanvilleSportsHead send me some East picks on Saturday to help me out a little bit. I don't always know which games to pick from that side. The first 2 weeks have been a challenge. @DinwiddieProud has helped me out some with the East pick em, but I've had to move to 3 or 5 for some games.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I could be wrong, but I don't see this being a close game. Smithfield made a game of it last year for a half, but IDK about this year. Don't worry they'll be a game of the week next week. Hey, @DanvilleSportsHead send me some East picks on Saturday to help me out a little bit. I don't always know which games to pick from that side. The first 2 weeks have been a challenge. @DinwiddieProud has helped me out some with the East pick em, but I've had to move to 3 or 5 for some games.
I’ll do my best. I been following the West lol but I’ll definitely put something together each week!

Reactions: mike salem
He did not. According to the Winchester Star the boot was on during warm-ups, but I'm not sure about anything beyond that. Hoping it's not something that'll bother him beyond high school because he could definitely go on to play at the next level and also hoping he'll be back on the field soon.
Lol I told you before the game he wasnt playing.

Reactions: Shruikan
Any word about MV this year? Seems pretty quiet on their end, worries me
Salem beat them pretty good in the Benefit game. They have good lines (loss the best D Line coach in 3a so there is a drop off) and they have athletes much like GW and EC Glass. Thing is, they need consistency on offense. IMO, Favero needs to go with a QB and stick with him. Dryus Hairston, a sophomore, will more than likely be the QB Friday. Very athletic and has receivers to get the ball too. MV doesn’t have the running game they’ve had in the past (maybe one of the MV guys like @ridge98 can tell you better). Though I think MV is solid, I like JF and GW both 2-0 going into the big one in Forest next year. Sorry @BleedingNavy, JF/Danville will have the 4a game of the week September 7th ;):D:cool:

Any word about MV this year? Seems pretty quiet on their end, worries me
They pretty much used 3 different backs last week.. Louis Taylor the biggest back of the 3 runs hard, jakeel dalton is small, but speedy and runs hard, hes not afraid of contact. Preston kid is very small, but if he gets to the edge he will be hard to catch. I thought last week they showed some promise on offense, they did control the clock and picked up crucial 1st downs.(something they struggled with last year). Im with DSH that Sophomore has talent, nothing against Freddie, because they both played extremely well last week rotating in and out. Both did what they had to do to keep drives alive. Offense had several turnovers, but thats something they usually clean up after that 1st game. Defense will have their hands full this week, so if they can control the clock again, they might have a chance. The more you keep JF offense on the sideline the better, because im sure they can score in bunches. Right now I will give the edge to JF.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Salem beat them pretty good in the Benefit game. They have good lines (loss the best D Line coach in 3a so there is a drop off) and they have athletes much like GW and EC Glass. Thing is, they need consistency on offense. IMO, Favero needs to go with a QB and stick with him. Dryus Hairston, a sophomore, will more than likely be the QB Friday. Very athletic and has receivers to get the ball too. MV doesn’t have the running game they’ve had in the past (maybe one of the MV guys like @ridge98 can tell you better). Though I think MV is solid, I like JF and GW both 2-0 going into the big one in Forest next year. Sorry @BleedingNavy, JF/Danville will have the 4a game of the week September 7th ;):D:cool:
Not sure how sold on I am on JF. I don't look much at playcalling when it comes to scrimmages because different teams have different philosophies on that but up front William Byrd looked like the better team on both sides of the ball and in general moved the ball way easier with both teams running their base stuff.

Less than 24 hours left to get your week two picks in. I predict some wild swings in the standings this week. A number of games can go either way. Especially when we only have one, or no games, as a barometer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT