ADVERTISEMENT

Piedmont District coming down to the wire as district tournament comes near

Sep 7, 2019
As of right now, Halifax leads the district (6-1), with GW and Martinsville tied for second (6-2. Martinsville has beat GW once)

Halifax will play Martinsville away tomorrow, and GW will play Martinsville at home on February 7th.

Since losing to Halifax 73-51, Martinsville has been on a hot 7 game win streak, including big wins over GW and Dan River. With Halifax on a 2 game losing streak, this will be a very pivotal game for the rest of the season. Halifax also had Snowball this past Saturday, and that may have some effect on the player's focus coming into the game, so I'm thinking Martinsville in a close one unless we could fix the foul trouble issue I've noticed at the games last week.

I see GW beating Martinsville in their home next month, and I don't see any other team beating the three teams, leading to a two way tie between Halifax and GW for the top seed. If this happens, what would be the determining factor in deciding the top seed? I'm assuming it would be overall record including non con games, giving Halifax home advantage for the tournament.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Well, it looks like Martinsville and GW will be playing for the PD regular season title.

Well, it looks like Martinsville and GW will be playing for the PD regular season title.
It's been a rough week for the Comets. Wells and Lawson was out the last 3 games from an injury, and when Wells returned (Not sure about Lawson), star freshman Roberts got the flu from Wells over the weekend and didn't travel with the team. Even without him from the livestream toward the end of the game I saw 2 chances to take the lead. One on a very uncharacteristic missed wide open layup, and another on a bad pass on an open fast break.

Also, as long as Halifax wins out, wouldn't have their share of the title? Martinsville has lost twice (Tunstall and Halifax) and GW has also lost twice (Halifax and Martinsville). I have GW winning the rematch, leaving both HC and GW with 2 losses in the District, both being 1-1 against each other and Martinsville. I'm kinda new to this so I might be missing something here, but it makes sense to me

GW this season has been in the plus category on rematches this season. Don't see them slipping during district play as the season continues.
That's exactly why I didn't count them out when they were 7-6. As long a Coach Parker is there GW will never NOT have a team that is a serious threat, not matter how unfocused the team is.

Reactions: btowenatc
That's exactly why I didn't count them out when they were 7-6. As long a Coach Parker is there GW will never NOT have a team that is a serious threat, not matter how unfocused the team is.

District play in the Piedmont for the past couple of years is all about 3 teams: Halifax, Martinsville, and GW. No one else is close. So you get a good chance to build wins outside of those teams not mentioned. The math just works out that way. Parity isn't a thing in the Piedmont.

Reactions: AntGZee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT