ADVERTISEMENT

Piedmont District shake up

Beamer + Mitchell (new transfer in from NC)+ the other transfer (heard he’s good too) + development of the younger guys = Richmond bound. Radford will always be Radford as long as Cormany’s there but the Dawgs would be special.

Let me guess Bo, somebody is either leaving a program or transferring into a program. Am I right??
The best player in the district has gone to serious contender in NC. Major move for him and he’ll be a major contributor to a team that already has two 4 star players. Salute to his father for sacrificing and putting him in a way better situation to get exposure and play WAYYYY better competition.

IMO, Tunstall did not promote him right. Your seniors ALWAYS should get promoted, especially when your senior is the best player to come out of your school since Chad Hardaway/Mario Huffman, that’s going back 17 years ago….He was the district player of the year and Tunstall was legitimate threats to Cave Spring and Northside had they maximized their summer. Can’t be threats when you’re selling fish plates, not playing in major live period tournaments or elite team camps and playing low level competition during the season. Major loss and another could’ve been moment for that program.

Ok gotcha. Good point though because I would not be surprised at all if he's at Mville year.
He’ll definitely get better competition at Martinsville than he would at Carlisle 🤷🏽‍♂️ Martinsville has loaded their schedule up.

He’ll definitely get better competition at Martinsville than he would at Carlisle 🤷🏽‍♂️ Martinsville has loaded their schedule up.
Someone finally hit on this point. Except for when Carlisle brought in Thon Maker and tried to go regional/national, Martinsville always plays a schedule that is tougher than what Carlisle sees. There's not a 2A that plays a tougher schedule year in and year out.

Someone finally hit on this point. Except for when Carlisle brought in Thon Maker and tried to go regional/national, Martinsville always plays a schedule that is tougher than what Carlisle sees. There's not a 2A that plays a tougher schedule year in and year out.
Martinsville’s schedule is the hardest in the area and GW traditionally loads up. GW is playing Carlisle twice this year and Hargrave. Class 2 has had a great success rate with exposure (McClung, Irving, John Marshall’s whole program, Morton-Robertson, Miles Jones, Holland etc) so if you have the talent, you’ll be found. Most years, Martinsville is running Carlisle off the court.

Reactions: Playmaker915
Met the new coach last night at Martinsville. Seems to me the Dogs have made a good hire, I just wish it had all gone down a little different. Jeff did a great job but sometimes a change can be a good thing. Schedule will be tough, heck we start with Rocky River HS from Charlotte, so we'll get thrown in the deep end real quick. The new kid from Carolina looks pretty dang good.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Met the new coach last night at Martinsville. Seems to me the Dogs have made a good hire, I just wish it had all gone down a little different. Jeff did a great job but sometimes a change can be a good thing. Schedule will be tough, heck we start with Rocky River HS from Charlotte, so we'll get thrown in the deep end real quick. The new kid from Carolina looks pretty dang good.
Dawgs will be in Richmond in March. One may look crazy to say they’ll beat Marshall but they’ve beaten giants in the past.

That’s wsup. Not shying away from playing the best!

Just heard some more news on the coaching front that will be shaking things up and making some interesting match ups in Piedmont play. I'll let the proper people make the announcement but it will make things interesting. Should be out shortly.

Just heard some more news on the coaching front that will be shaking things up and making some interesting match ups in Piedmont play. I'll let the proper people make the announcement but it will make things interesting. Should be out shortly.
Yeah known for a few days , I’ll wait till it comes out

We've heard the rumor for about a week or so but it was confirmed by an impeccable source this morning.

It must have happened 2 days ago. That's about how quick the Bulletin is with there breaking news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT