ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsylvania County Schools football start play this week

How will this affect teams getting into the playoffs by coming late and not playing against region teams?

How will this affect teams getting into the playoffs by coming late and not playing against region teams?

I believe from what I have read on here from other boards that the number of games isn't a factor. Some team during basketball season played 1 game and ended as top seed from what I read

Top 4 teams from each region goes to the playoffs I believe.

That is correct. What I took his question meant was the different number of games (I could be wrong).

If I read it correctly, you could certainly end up with scenarios where a team who played a full schedule having to travel to a school who didn't, especially when factoring in after Regionals.

Just using the final 4 last season, TJ, SD, Appo, Graham: 3 have played 2 games, the last has played 0.

It's my understanding that Appomattox doesn't have a full schedule because of restrictions elsewhere, so they are by MP playing the same 3 teams twice (2 of which are 1a). Graham does (all 4 remaining are 2a), Stuarts Draft does (1 1a, 1 2a, 2 3a), and TJ plays 4 games (per Max Preps schedule). 1 is a private (so doesn't count either way), 1 2a, and 2 5a schools.

So those 4 could end up as this (not saying this is how those games will end up, just showing possibilities):

If all 4 of those teams finish undefeated, they rank as follows (with guessing other outcomes:

1. TJ (3-0): 25.33
2. SD (6-0): 24.33
3. Graham (6-0): 23
4. Appomattox (6-0): 22

With regards to Graham maybe, and absolutely Appomattox, they could even be a 1 seed and be lower than other 2/3 seeds across the classification.

And unlike other years, for some (at present), that could even effect them being able to see their children in person.

I don't know what the answer is though

Appomattox is getting screwed BECAUSE Pittsylvania Co backed out of playing the Dogwood. My opinion is that should automatically removed them from post season play.
If they (the powers to be that made this decision) are willling to travel to play in the playoffs they should have been willing to travel to play in the Dogwood.

Pittsylvania County Schools will be back on the field this week.
The two matchups for Thursday, March 11
Dan River at Tunstall
Chatham at Gretna

Here's an article from last week that talked about how this area has dealt with everything.
SO I'm a little confused...are they allowing fans into the games or restricting it to just players families? Also, would it be home and visiting fans?

I'm pretty certain Gunz you are looking at the wrong TJ. The TJ in Richmond is not playing football

I'm pretty certain Gunz you are looking at the wrong TJ. The TJ in Richmond is not playing football

Just went off VHSL website and Max Preps. I saw them playing a private team never heard of, JM, Tucker, and Deep Run. I know doing points last year that those are teams they play. Nonetheless, even if they aren't, the point remains the same, teams with fewer games theoretically can be in better position, those 4 teams were just the examples as the Final 4 from last season

SO I'm a little confused...are they allowing fans into the games or restricting it to just players families? Also, would it be home and visiting fans?
The last update Chatham had on Facebook said no fans at all. At some point they'll allow fans but I'm guessing it'll only be family of players.

Reactions: CavFan22
Well that is good to know. At least won't have a team there with 3 games dictating location. It's a shame for the teams though
I stand corrected. There's 9 teams competing, but there's still about 6 that aren't, including the Richmond schools, Greensville and Brunswick

The last update Chatham had on Facebook said no fans at all. At some point they'll allow fans but I'm guessing it'll only be family of players.
At the PCS School Board meeting last night the superintendent said 25 fans were allowed for indoor sports (volleyball) and 250 for outdoor sports (football, spring sports). I'm glad to see PCS is finally following state guidance instead of banning all spectators. Who gets tickets will be determined by school principals. Probably just family members. I'm guessing no visitor fans. Gyms are running NFHS / Pixellot and football fields will have them running by the Thursday games. Not sure if I'll get a t

At the PCS School Board meeting last night the superintendent said 25 fans were allowed for indoor sports (volleyball) and 250 for outdoor sports (football, spring sports). I'm glad to see PCS is finally following state guidance instead of banning all spectators. Who gets tickets will be determined by school principals. Probably just family members. I'm guessing no visitor fans. Gyms are running NFHS / Pixellot and football fields will have them running by the Thursday games. Not sure if I'll get a t
By the time parents of players, cheerleaders and band are allowed in that leaves no tickets for fans. Chain gang and other neccessary personnel count towards the 250.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT