ADVERTISEMENT

Play Clocks

Hampton Roads 6

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Feb 22, 2003
Why was the play clock in end zone not utilized for state championship games ? It's there, they should have used it.

Reactions: one man
That's a stupid rule/policy or whatever. It helps QB and Coach to see how much time left. They cannot see the Refs clock.

I bet the real reason is it allows the "running/ball control teams" more time to waste time. Allows QB more time to run to sideline to get play.

I liked team that when ref spots ball, the offense is lined up ready to snap it. Not standing around waiting for the QB to return from sideline, concession stand or wherever he went.

That's a stupid rule/policy or whatever. It helps QB and Coach to see how much time left. They cannot see the Refs clock.

I bet the real reason is it allows the "running/ball control teams" more time to waste time. Allows QB more time to run to sideline to get play.
I don't like that rule either, not sure why it's set up that way. The refs in the Salem/LT game kept the game going quickly. Regulation was done in 2 hours 5 minutes. There may have been 2 DOG calls, 1 was Salem trying to draw LT offsides and setup the punter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT