ADVERTISEMENT

Player Ejection

Aug 24, 2018
If a player is ejected in 4th quarter is he banned for entire next game?

and...

What does an appeal consist of?

Disappointed in officiating at the state semi in Richmond today.

If a player is ejected in 4th quarter is he banned for entire next game?

and...

What does an appeal consist of?

Disappointed in officiating at the state semi in Richmond today.
This is not in the purview of the official's. It is strictly within the domain of the school's administration to enforce and/or appeal, according to the rules of the VHSL/NFHS.

"shall be ineligible for the next (?) contests," (depending on why he was ejected). It clearly states that it is for "complete" contests.

Are you speaking of the HSHS player that was ejected? Why was he ejected? It was either kept very low key on the field, and little noticed, or blatant, because there has been very little outcry.

Reactions: SportsJunkie32
This is not in the purview of the official's. It is strictly within the domain of the school's administration to enforce and/or appeal, according to the rules of the VHSL/NFHS.

"shall be ineligible for the next (?) contests," (depending on why he was ejected). It clearly states that it is for "complete" contests.

Are you speaking of the HSHS player that was ejected? Why was he ejected? It was either kept very low key on the field, and little noticed, or blatant, because there has been very little outcry.
It was far from low key. The coach called a timeout on the field just to plead his case. It was the worse call for ejection I've ever seen. The kid literally signaled 4th down with his fist after making a big stop on 3rd down. I'd equate it to a CB waving his arms back and forth after an incomplete pass or a lineman walking down the field signaling a touchdown after he just blocked his a-- off. Horrible, VHSL needs better than that.

This is a real shame. And we know for sure he wasn’t ejected for saying something?

This is a real shame. And we know for sure he wasn’t ejected for saying something?
I had binoculars to see what he was doing but no sound of course. The coach on the side shouted to the field that, "he didnt even say anything". So maybe more information will come out. I can confirm after the tackle he went immediately to his sideline and wasn't in the face or standing over anyone from the opposition.

I literally watched him stop a guy a yard short which was a big play, he signaled 4th down with his fist and while walking back from the play the official threw the flag behind him as he walked away.

Officials are teachers or at least suppose to have that mindset when working with kids. If they had to keep pulling guys to the side or multiple skirmishes/UNS then yes, short leash. But to do that to a guy in the 4th quarter of a tight, well played and clean game(besides) peewee equipment checks, is deplorable!

Reactions: WP02alum
Wonder if the ref claimed to have heard something said. And I’ll say I’ve seen at least 2 white hats officiate in the Richmond area who are more ego than teacher. Wish they all had that educational perspective rather than just reliving their HS sports glory.

Reactions: SportsJunkie32
ADVERTISEMENT