ADVERTISEMENT

PM 54 James River 13

mmqp

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 22, 2006
Thats the type of win the Blues need from here on out during the regular season.

Completely dominated a young, but talented Knights squad from start to finish.

KJ Cook was on a Man on a Mission tonight, had like 5 touches and 5 touchdowns. Over 200 yards rushing.

Nelson and Dawson were bruising up things as well with Nelson having a 54 yard TD run himself.

The Knights have been a thorn in the Blues side in recent past. Tonight exorcised some of those demons.

Big game with Covington in two weeks. But first, on to battle Craig and the always horrible officiating (for both sides..) that always seems to come with playing the Rockets!

Thats the type of win the Blues need from here on out during the regular season.

Completely dominated a young, but talented Knights squad from start to finish.

KJ Cook was on a Man on a Mission tonight, had like 5 touches and 5 touchdowns. Over 200 yards rushing.

Nelson and Dawson were bruising up things as well with Nelson having a 54 yard TD run himself.

The Knights have been a thorn in the Blues side in recent past. Tonight exorcised some of those demons.

Big game with Covington in two weeks. But first, on to battle Craig and the always horrible officiating (for both sides..) that always seems to come with playing the Rockets!

Should be a slobber knocker in two weeks against Covington.

This was a good win, there are only two teams that worried me River and Covington.

We scored three separate times after a James River punt on the very first play, all where about 60 yard runs. The blues are rolling and I hope they keep it up.

Reactions: mmqp
This was a good win, there are only two teams that worried me River and Covington.

We scored three separate times after a James River punt on the very first play, all where about 60 yard runs. The blues are rolling and I hope they keep it up.

Hey! I was going to let you post up the score but figured you were driving back from Buchanan at the time. This was a huge win and we won it the way that we needed to, just absolutely brutalize Jake Phillips and Co. The game last year wrecked our season IMO. This one could well catapult us.

I know they were just 2-5 coming into the game but the headaches the Knights have caused over the recent 10 years had me uncomfortable.

All 3 backs are cooking with gas and the defense is playing hot right now too! Great win.

Yeah I was driving, this was an impressive win for the blues we've beat the Knights 2 times in the past 10 years.

KJ was a beast on the field last night along with Nelson and Dawson. And the D was rocking some heads last night to and I got to say number 11 junior Cole walker was impressive as well.

Good luck to the Blues the rest of the way. I was very impressed with the way they were flying around all night on offense and defense against JR.

Reactions: mmqp
Big game with Covington in t
But first, on to battle Craig and the always horrible officiating (for both sides..) that always seems to come with playing the Rockets!
Do they use a different officiating association's refs over there? If not, do you have any idea why they are particularly bad for this game?

Last edited:

Yea, this is my 3rd year of keeping up with the Blues, and the games since the loss to Buffalo Gap is the best I've seen them play. However, I am itching to see them play somebody good.

Do they use a different officiating association's refs over there? If not, do you have any idea why they are particularly bad for this game?

I think they just stick the worst crews with the worst teams honestly. I'm not sure if you recall the 2014 game vs. Craig in Buena Vista but in that game the Blues were called for at least 8 holding calls. They probably didnt have many more than that for the other 9 games combined that year. Year in and year out when you play them, you can expect chippiness, frustration, and no game flow. And it's not because they're any good.. it's all because it's a complete flag-fest.

I remember one year Glenvar absolutely rolled every school in the Pioneer, except when they played Craig and got called for hold after hold after hold. They still won it, but just like in our situation the trigger happiness just blows any type of game flow out of the water.

I think they just stick the worst crews with the worst teams honestly. I'm not sure if you recall the 2014 game vs. Craig in Buena Vista but in that game the Blues were called for at least 8 holding calls. They probably didnt have many more than that for the other 9 games combined that year. Year in and year out when you play them, you can expect chippiness, frustration, and no game flow. And it's not because they're any good.. it's all because it's a complete flag-fest.

I remember one year Glenvar absolutely rolled every school in the Pioneer, except when they played Craig and got called for hold after hold after hold. They still won it, but just like in our situation the trigger happiness just blows any type of game flow out of the water.
This makes sense because it has always been my impression that the worst refs are those that inject themselves into the game too much, and become the center of attention. No matter where you go there will always be these types. They usually don't last very long in the profession, but with the big turnover in the business you are always going to have these kinds of guys everywhere. It's hard to cull them out beforehand. And it's not just confined to football. Basketball is even worse. An overzealous ref is much more conspicuous in a sport played indoors in a more intimate setting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT