ADVERTISEMENT

MaroonDude

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 19, 2018
Will Salem's (or any other team) points be affected by having an opponent that only plays 9 Games?

Will Salem's (or any other team) points be affected by having an opponent that only plays 9 Games?
There is no way to predict this and it's basically has a minimal cause and effect. It could hurt if there is a tie. Example: If LCA only plays 9 games Salem would receive 10 base points (loss) plus 1 rider point for each LCA win. If they go 9-0 Salem will get 19 points as opposed to 20 points if LCA played 10 games. Let's also use Franklin County: They would get 24 points for the win and if FC went 6-3 Salem would get 12 rider points for a total of 36. However, if FC played 10 games and won 7 the Spartans would gain an additional 2 rider points. I hope this helps.

Reactions: cutnjump
They would lose 1 or 2 rider points. Could effect seeding if teams are close

Any school that has an opponent that plays fewer than 10 games has a ....
disadvantage b/c they might've got an extra point or more from a win/s;
advantage b/c it gives them a tiebreaker edge;
draw if the team that's right there with them in the ratings had the same opponent.
---
Nine isn't so bad, but when it's a six or seven, like 2-SJ-MJ... oops... I mean MV-Q, or 1-Bland, that could make a little more of a difference.

Last edited:
There is no way to predict this and it's basically has a minimal cause and effect. It could hurt if there is a tie. Example: If LCA only plays 9 games Salem would receive 10 base points (loss) plus 1 rider point for each LCA win. If they go 9-0 Salem will get 19 points as opposed to 20 points if LCA played 10 games. Let's also use Franklin County: They would get 24 points for the win and if FC went 6-3 Salem would get 12 rider points for a total of 36. However, if FC played 10 games and won 7 the Spartans would gain an additional 2 rider points. I hope this helps.
Yes this helps. Is FC only playing 9 games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT