ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: 2014 6A State Title game Ocean Lakes vs Centreville

babY_d757

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jul 28, 2008
All right since some people just want to pick not really talk about VA biggest match up then pick who you think gonna win VA 6A title game at UVA
lurk.r191677.gif

who you got

OCEAN LAKES

CENTREVILLE

all tho CHS last year champ with all the talent that came back my gut feeling says Ocean lakes will win Saturday

O-Lakes has 4 physical athletic DBs that are being recruited or committed to D-1 schools, LB Simmons is a beast at LB UVA commit can run down any RB, those guys have made OL Defense really good all year, I think they will play run first and play man vs Centreville WRs/TE

O-Lakes offense got a spark last week with RB/DT #27 Crosby , they never really used him like feature RB-FB in all the games untill they met top dawg Smith if he can pound the rock like that again look out, if J Lewis stops dancing around hit the hole fast with his size and speed then it will really open up Ocean lakes passing game of course Griffin and qb O'Neil also have their special runs

Centreville has the size and strength on both trenches so you never know if they will disrupt everything O-Lakes gonna do Saturday especially if they come motivated ready to play Saturday.

I got Ocean Lakes by 5pts

Re: POLL: OL should just spend their day at the beach

the boys from Clifton are coming!!
chairshot.r191677.gif

Man that 27 from Ocean Lakes is a BEAST 6'3" 260pd 10th grader that runs the ball like Larry Csonka and John Riggins but as you can see the young man is bigger than the two. Oh did I mention he is FAST. I freak. I couldn't believe it. I Ocean Lakes winning this time around.

Honestly I'm all for the title coming back to NOVA but I thought Ocean Lakes was the most impressive team last weekend. Centreville got one last year so I look at it as a factor that OL should be a little extra hungry to get their first state title. In other words, just feels like it's their year this year.

I don't think Centreville is just going to hand this over though. This should be a great game. I think the schemes in the offense that they run alone is enough to throw teams off and make them a hard offense to defend with some of the misdirection and counters they have going on. With the players that they have though, they are able to score from anywhere on the field.

Probably the two deepest backfields in 6A this year between these two teams. I think both defensive fronts will be physical and come to play, but OL should have the opportunity to break off some long plays against a Centreville defense that gave up two long scores to the RB at Westfield last Saturday.

And if I was OL I would not kick the ball towards A.J. Turner.

Ocean Lakes 38
Centreville 31

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT