ADVERTISEMENT

Positive takeaway for Sherando

Nov 14, 2017
Winchester, Virginia
I will say something that I was super impressed with today was the turnout of fans on Sherando’s side! Back in the Ross Metheny years the team and fans were known as the “Road Warriors” for packing the away stands due to great turn outs. I had been a bit disappointed over the past few years for the lack of turn out but feel like today was remarkable! If only the game was a little closer! Good luck to Salem at the state championship!

Wow, Salem band, which is a fairly large band goes to every game home, away or playoffs. They will be in Williamsburg again this year.

Salem is very fortunate that the band is able to accompany the team to away games. In this day and time budgets are being cut and something like this is first on the list. Very proud of our band and hope they can continue to attend all of the games. It adds so much to the game. Very sorry Sherando's band was unable to attend today.

Salem is very fortunate that the band is able to accompany the team to away games. In this day and time budgets are being cut and something like this is first on the list. Very proud of our band and hope they can continue to attend all of the games. It adds so much to the game. Very sorry Sherando's band was unable to attend today.
I completely agree! The band almost unites the crowd as one in chants and songs and helps motivate the team, though it seemed like Sherando wasn’t too motivated to begin with today! Salem looks strong, I believe they can pull off their third straight as long as they take Louisa seriously. Not going to be making that long trip however! Haha. Maybe Sherando’s budget will increase if they can bring in a state title... I’m not going to count on that happening just yet.

Reactions: SpartanForce
It helps having the band at games. Amherst took their band to three away games this year and always took them to a semi and state game
I’m honestly surprised there wasn’t an effort for a loud crowd, my class had one, but then again, my class made it to the state championship so I guess we can’t expect the same from these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT