ADVERTISEMENT

Possible impact of Coronoavirus on the VHSL schedule is uncertain at this point

I plan on being there Thursday & Friday and will update here

I will wash my hands after touching anything however

Here is the policy for games in the state tournament:

While the VHSL recognizes good sportsmanship is one of our core values, the VHSL is asking its players, coaches and referees to not engage in its traditional pregame and postgame handshakes at the state basketball semifinals and finals in order to limit skin-on-skin contact that could spread COVID-19.

Just as with other illnesses, the VHSL is asking fans; participating coaches and students, and tournament officials and staff to do their parts in helping prevent the spread of illnesses. The CDC recommends these everyday preventative steps:

• Avoid close contact with those who are sick;
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
  • Stay home when you are sick;
  • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
  • Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol, and
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.

You guys act like there is no contact on the court. Everyone touches the ball, players are in constant contact with sweaty opponents. A light pre-game fist bump would be the least of my worries

You guys? Believe the poster was just relaying that policy info from VHSL. No one here is lauding these moves as ground-breaking disease prevention...

Reactions: schoolboard
I do not believe that is a real account affiliated with Chesterfield Public Schools, but rather a fake one. That being said, we are closely monitoring the status of games and at last report (late Wednesday night), the games were still on.
It should align with the school. If school is open let the kids play.

The Virginia High School League announced Thursday that only direct family members from both participating teams will be allowed to attend Friday and Saturday’s state basketball finals in Richmond.

Each participating school will submit a list of immediate family members to the VHSL and only those will be permitted to enter the Siegel Center, the VHSL said.

Thursday’s state finals will go on as planned with no changes.

Aren't the same risks present on Thursday like they are on Friday and Saturday?

Reactions: st8chmpLB
By Marc Davis | July 27, 2020 at 10:37 AM EDT - Updated

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WWBT) - High school sports in public schools will not start in the fall, but all three athletic seasons are scheduled to happen.The Virginia High School League voted on Monday morning to adopt Model 3 of its sports calendar options, which is to delay the start of activities until mid-December, then each season holding an abbreviated schedule. The vote was passed with a 34-1 tally.This option, which was heavily favored by coaches and athletic directors across the state, will see high school sports begin in mid-December and run through late June.The seasons will be scheduled as follows:
Season 1 (Winter) December 14 – February 20 (First Contest Date – December 28)
Season 2 (Fall) February 15 – May 1 (First Contest Date – March 1)
Season 3 (Spring) April 12 – June 26 (First Contest Date – April 2
6)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT