ADVERTISEMENT

Possible impact of Coronoavirus on the VHSL schedule is uncertain at this point

I am posting this shortly after midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. I certainly do not wish this on anyone, but when you consider the massive volume of all the changes that have been announced on the college and pro levels just within the last 6-8 hours, I will not be surprised if the VHSL makes a last-minute decision to hold this week's title games without spectators. After all who would have thought they would do that to the ACC and other conference tournaments after they were already underway?

I am sure there are fans who are already in Richmond for tomorrow's games who have traveled from great distances (Gate City comes to mind) and it will be horrible if that happens to them, but I just wonder if the pressure will be so great on the VHSL that they will just feel as if they have no choice. Whatever happens, best of luck to all the teams and to their fans for safe travels and may the best teams win. (Mathews boys and Luray girls being my sentimental picks in those two games.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT