ADVERTISEMENT

Possible models for an adjusted sports schedule

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Just a proposal being considered, contingent upon where we're at later in the year.

Season 1: December 13 -February 20 (Winter Sports: Basketball, Gymnastics, Indoor track, Swimming and Diving, Wrestling, 5 & 6 Theatre, Scholastic Bowl.)

Season 2: February 15- May 1 (Fall Sports: Competitive Cheer, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Volleyball Forensics and Debate.)

Season 3: April 12- June 26: ( Spring Sports: Baseball & Softball, Girls and Boys Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis and Track and FIeld.)

https://www.wsls.com/sports/2020/06...&utm_content=scores&__twitter_impression=true

I appreciate all of the hard work by the VHSL, but as long as the Governor keeps us in phase 3, which I believe will be until there is a vaccine, I don't believe we will have sports.

The chances of football this year in Virginia are ZERO. The election is Nov 3rd, correct? That means the season is in the playoffs, if played. You can forget it with this radical governor. Of what little soul he has, it's completely politically fueled and the tool will do any and everything to effect the Nov elections, regardless of what the COVID data says.

For sports starting after the elections like basketball and wrestling, prepare to play. The elections are over, and there is no gain in political grandstanding after the elections are over. Chances of sports like Hoops and Wrestling being cancelled are ZERO. They will play, as the elections will be over by then.

The chances of football this year in Virginia are ZERO. The election is Nov 3rd, correct? That means the season is in the playoffs, if played. You can forget it with this radical governor. Of what little soul he has, it's completely politically fueled and the tool will do any and everything to effect the Nov elections, regardless of what the COVID data says.

For sports starting after the elections like basketball and wrestling, prepare to play. The elections are over, and there is no gain in political grandstanding after the elections are over. Chances of sports like Hoops and Wrestling being cancelled are ZERO. They will play, as the elections will be over by then.
I look forward to the day when we can have our lives back and not have politics be so divisive.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned

I wanted to post this on the 4A boards a while ago but statements like this will turn the board nasty...Quick. I couldn’t agree with your post more.

Reactions: mmqp

I look for Ralphie to attempt to punish us a little longer even after the election, especially if Trump wins which is highly likely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT