3. G.W. Danville, 8-1, 27.6667
4. Salem, 7-2, 26.6667
5. William Byrd, 8-1, 26.1111
6. Charlottesville, 6-3, 25.3333
7. Amherst, 5-4, 24.8889
8. Jefferson Forest, 5-4, 24.5556
9. Liberty Christian, 4-5, 22.6667
10. Pulaski, 6-3, 22.5556

So you put this together, do you think there is any possible way LCA moves to 8 next week if they beat brookville and JF loses to heritage?

If that happens, they would both have 240 points not considering the results of the games involving teams they have played.
Wow that would be interesting!

I read somewhere before tonight's games that LCA had already been eliminated. Idk if that's accurate though.
I had that also but then I saw this projected point totaled and thought what if and then I was watching football Friday and he said LCA beats ec glad to keep their playoff hopes alive so I got curious

Amherst Glass big matchup. Maybe somebody can correct me but if Glass loses they drop below Danville and Salem while if they win.they keep the two spot.

Amherst Glass big matchup. Maybe somebody can correct me but if Glass loses they drop below Danville and Salem while if they win.they keep the two spot.
What happens if Amherst wins it or loses it?

Last edited:
I'm guessing Wiki if Amherst wins they would get either Salem or GW 1st round.If Amherst lose they would get Glass again 1st round if JF lose to Heritage.
Thanks they have the team to win any game if they play like they are capable. They have the talent. Play like they did against GW or Brookville great, play like they did against Heritage not great

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Thanks they have the team to win any game if they play like they are capable. They have the talent. Play like they did against GW or Brookville great, play like they did against Heritage not great
They don't look good at all.Most teams get better as the season goes but Amherst isn't.Until someone get to the root of the problems and stop making excuses it will get worst.

They don't look good at all.Most teams get better as the season goes but Amherst isn't.Until someone get to the root of the problems and stop making excuses it will get worst.
Not making excuses and there is nothing that the posters can do but just state how we feel. I love the Lancers. They HAVE the talent

Last edited:
1. Blacksburg, 8-1, 30.1111
2. E.C. Glass, 7-2, 28.1111
4. Salem, 7-2, 26.6667
7. Amherst, 5-4, 24.8889

Took about half hour to check in on some scenarios for fans of these teams and here is my breakdown. I base this on probable outcomes for some teams.

1. Blacksburg(271) for all intents and purposes has locked up the #1 seed unless they somehow get upset this friday. The Road to the state semi's goes through Blacksburg this year!

2-4 are all up in the air at this point. Glass (253), GW (249) and Salem(240) are all in the mix here. I'm giving GW the benefit of the doubt that they'll take care of Halifax. Glass and Salem both have tougher games against Amherst, Pulaski. If all three teams win, Glass will hold a 285-283 lead over GW before you add in rider points. If Salem wins then they would be locked at 4 if Glass and GW both win. Should Glass lose to Amherst, 'Toppers will fall to #4 while Salem and GW would move up to #3 and #2 respectively if they both win. A Salem loss could drop them as far down as #7, IF Byrd, Cville, Amherst all win and rider points aren't kind to the Spartans.

For 5-8 I'll break down each teams fate. LCA and Pulaski, currently 9-10 both still alive.

#5 Byrd(235) can move up from #5 to #4 with a Salem loss. If Byrd loses, they could fall as far as #8 if Cville, Amherst and JF all win but they have clinched a spot in the field at this point.

#6 CVille(228) can move up to #4 with win over Monticello and Salem loss to Pulaski. A loss to Monticello could drop us all the way to #8 if Amherst and JF both win. Don't think LCA or Pulaski could catch us if even if we lose and they win. If we beat Monticello and Byrd beats Northside, rider points will decide who gets the #5 and #6 seeds between us and Byrd. Byrd has 7 point lead but can only gain 32 points from NHS, we can gain 38 from MHS, which would close the gap to 1 point before rider points.

#7 Amherst(224) can gain 36 points by beating Glass which would put them in the 5-6 conversation, again mainly depending on rider points and Byrd, Cville results. A loss would get them 18 points and their playoff hopes could hinge on LCA and Pulaski losing. They can still get in with a loss even if Pulaski and LCA win depending on rider points. It will be very tight for the #8 spot in this scenario.

#8 JF(221) can gain 38 points by beating Heritage, 19 for a loss. A loss coupled with LCA and Pulaski wins and an Amherst loss would put the four teams within 2 points of each other before rider points. It would be Amherst 242, Pulaski 241, LCA and JF 240.

LCA and Pulaski are in the same boat. They both need to win and have Amherst and JF both lose as well as get help in the rider point category to have chance at making the field.

The current top 8 all control their own destiny. Blacksburg is the only team that is really set IMO. Lots of big games will certainly shuffle the matchups. 5 huge games this week involving 7 of the top 10.

Glass-Amherst
Salem-Pulaski
Cville-Monticello
JF-Heritage
Brookville-LCA

Still plenty on the line this week. Good Luck to everyone! Stay healthy and stay humble!

Took about half hour to check in on some scenarios for fans of these teams and here is my breakdown. I base this on probable outcomes for some teams.

1. Blacksburg(271) for all intents and purposes has locked up the #1 seed unless they somehow get upset this friday. The Road to the state semi's goes through Blacksburg this year!

2-4 are all up in the air at this point. Glass (253), GW (249) and Salem(240) are all in the mix here. I'm giving GW the benefit of the doubt that they'll take care of Halifax. Glass and Salem both have tougher games against Amherst, Pulaski. If all three teams win, Glass will hold a 285-283 lead over GW before you add in rider points. If Salem wins then they would be locked at 4 if Glass and GW both win. Should Glass lose to Amherst, 'Toppers will fall to #4 while Salem and GW would move up to #3 and #2 respectively if they both win. A Salem loss could drop them as far down as #7, IF Byrd, Cville, Amherst all win and rider points aren't kind to the Spartans.

For 5-8 I'll break down each teams fate. LCA and Pulaski, currently 9-10 both still alive.

#5 Byrd(235) can move up from #5 to #4 with a Salem loss. If Byrd loses, they could fall as far as #8 if Cville, Amherst and JF all win but they have clinched a spot in the field at this point.

#6 CVille(228) can move up to #4 with win over Monticello and Salem loss to Pulaski. A loss to Monticello could drop us all the way to #8 if Amherst and JF both win. Don't think LCA or Pulaski could catch us if even if we lose and they win. If we beat Monticello and Byrd beats Northside, rider points will decide who gets the #5 and #6 seeds between us and Byrd. Byrd has 7 point lead but can only gain 32 points from NHS, we can gain 38 from MHS, which would close the gap to 1 point before rider points.

#7 Amherst(224) can gain 36 points by beating Glass which would put them in the 5-6 conversation, again mainly depending on rider points and Byrd, Cville results. A loss would get them 18 points and their playoff hopes could hinge on LCA and Pulaski losing. They can still get in with a loss even if Pulaski and LCA win depending on rider points. It will be very tight for the #8 spot in this scenario.

#8 JF(221) can gain 38 points by beating Heritage, 19 for a loss. A loss coupled with LCA and Pulaski wins and an Amherst loss would put the four teams within 2 points of each other before rider points. It would be Amherst 242, Pulaski 241, LCA and JF 240.

LCA and Pulaski are in the same boat. They both need to win and have Amherst and JF both lose as well as get help in the rider point category to have chance at making the field.

The current top 8 all control their own destiny. Blacksburg is the only team that is really set IMO. Lots of big games will certainly shuffle the matchups. 5 huge games this week involving 7 of the top 10.

Glass-Amherst
Salem-Pulaski
Cville-Monticello
JF-Heritage
Brookville-LCA

Still plenty on the line this week. Good Luck to everyone! Stay healthy and stay humble!
Awesome thanks so much for this

I find these are the most likely matchups:
1. Blacksburg vs 8. Jefferson Forest
2. EC Glass vs 7. Amherst
3. GW Danville vs 6. Charlottesville
4. Salem vs 5. William Byrd
Blacksburg beats JF
Glass Beats Amherst
Gw beats C-ville
Byrd beats Salem

Byrd beats Blacksburg
GW beats Glass

Byrd beats GW

I reserve the right to change my mind after this Friday's games

Blacksburg beats JF
Glass Beats Amherst
Gw beats C-ville
Byrd beats Salem

Byrd beats Blacksburg
GW beats Glass

Byrd beats GW

I reserve the right to change my mind after this Friday's games
1st Round
Blacksburg beats LCA
Amherst beats Glass
GW beats C-ville (sorry BKP and One Man)
Salem beats Byrd
2nd Round

GW beats Amherst
Salem beats Blacksburg

3rd Round in Danville
GW 45 Salem 48 (OT)
(3putt this is for you:confused::(o_O:oops::eek:)

Good luck to all teams and may the best team come out of Region D.

I find these are the most likely matchups:
1. Blacksburg vs 8. Jefferson Forest
2. EC Glass vs 7. Amherst
3. GW Danville vs 6. Charlottesville
4. Salem vs 5. William Byrd
If these are indeed the first round match-ups then that Salem-Byrd game should be a good one! Not that the other games will not be but, that is the only match-up with two teams with similar styles of play. On another note... If GW-C'ville match up then the over/under will be 110+!

Last edited:
1st Round
Blacksburg beats LCA
Amherst beats Glass
GW beats C-ville (sorry BKP and One Man)
Salem beats Byrd
2nd Round

GW beats Amherst
Salem beats Blacksburg

3rd Round in Danville
GW 45 Salem 48 (OT)
(3putt this is for you:confused::(o_O:oops::eek:)

Good luck to all teams and may the best team come out of Region D.
WE JUST LAUGHED AND WAIVED SITTING ON THAT SACK OF SEEDS....:confused:

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Good to see my Danville guys get some respect from the Salem guys. I tell you what @southbottomU , you’ve been in the business too long for me to believe that...I know you and 3putt keep it real so I can see right through your modesty. Salem beats Byrd by at least 3 scores. Salem won’t get tested until they play a passing team. Ramsey on defense will be the difference in Basham running for 250 and 4 scores and Basham being contained all night. Byrd doesn’t have the weapons to beat Salem. Blacksburg, GW and Glass may be a different story but until someone does it in the playoffs, I’ll go with Salem.

Last edited:
Reactions: close2salem
Good to see my Danville guys have some respect from the Salem guys. I tell you what @southbottomU , you’ve been in the business too long for me to believe that...I know you and 3putt keep it real so I can see right through your modesty. Salem beats Byrd by at least 3 scores. Salem won’t get tested until they play a passing team. Ramsey on defense will be the difference in Basham running for 250 and 4 scores and Basham being contained all night. Byrd doesn’t have the weapons to beat Salem. Blacksburg, GW and Glass may be a different story but until someone does it in the playoffs, I’ll go with Salem.
Salem’s offense isn’t going to run all over Byrd’s defense like that. I’m not sure who would win, but I believe that it would be a close game.

Salem’s offense isn’t going to run all over Byrd’s defense like that. I’m not sure who would win, but I believe that it would be a close game.
You’re probably right. You’ve seen Byrd play this year and I haven’t. I’m in no position to say what Byrd has and lacks. Wish your boys the best and prove the doubters like me, wrong.

Good to see my Danville guys have some respect from the Salem guys. I tell you what @southbottomU , you’ve been in the business too long for me to believe that...I know you and 3putt keep it real so I can see right through your modesty. Salem beats Byrd by at least 3 scores. Salem won’t get tested until they play a passing team. Ramsey on defense will be the difference in Basham running for 250 and 4 scores and Basham being contained all night. Byrd doesn’t have the weapons to beat Salem. Blacksburg, GW and Glass may be a different story but until someone does it in the playoffs, I’ll go with Salem.

Ramsey's in on obvious passing downs to provide pressure, he's rarely in on anything but 3rd downs and usually just 3rd and 6+. Sans Blacksburg, Salem's been pretty good at run defense this year but that could easily be a product of other teams not being great on the ground themselves. They are, however, swarming to the ball and tackling much better currently and I think they've probably figured out the best front 7 combo albeit it a far bit later than they should have.

These Region D threads are sooo much nicer than our Region B threads!

I too am finding the WB vs Salem matchup intriguing! Neither outcome would stun me.

I think that Salem, WB, Blacksburg & GW are capable of winning the Region.

I think there is going to be a big upset in this Region bc I do think teams like C’ville, LCA, Amherst, & Glass can win a game I just don’t think they can string together 3 in a row.

I think Sherando will be waiting for the Region D winner.

I’ve ran my mouth about Byrd but what they did the last 2 weeks is nothing short of amazing. “Byrd will get blown out by SR without Basham”...Almost beats the #1 3a team in the state and contains the potent running game of SR. “Byrd will be beat up and exhausted from the Staunton River game and LB will wear them down”...Beats LB soundly. Byrd is no joke like 3putt and I suggested.

Salem still an uncharacteristically bad tackling team. Qb is inconsistent and has not been able to get the ball to Tucker deep. Front seven on defense inconsistent at best. Can't see this changing. Don't think they will be able to flip the switch and suddenly eliminate the problems. Still a very very dangerous team

You’re probably right. You’ve seen Byrd play this year and I haven’t. I’m in no position to say what Byrd has and lacks. Wish your boys the best and prove the doubters like me, wrong.

I don't think people has paid much attention to WB. They did not have Salem on the schedule to compare. WB lost 2 games last year, both to Salem one was 24-17 in the playoffs. WB is not as big but are faster than last years team and they did a great job of replacing all seniors from last year with equal players (exception D. Kasey). Salem may still beat them by 3 touch downs but I do not see it. It did not happen last year. I think Salem was better last year. I think WB is better this year. So we will see how that shakes out. Still a mental thing whenever you play Salem. They know how to win.

LB is beat up, but they are quick to try different things if things are not going well. The game vs WB was over after the interception. They just started slinging it. Give Harless time to prepare he can beat you, in game adjustments not so much. Blacksburg tried the same game plan as last year, LB contained Beck. He came on the scene hard last year led them to a state championship. St. River can beat anyone and scores a lot of points. If you play disciplined and assignment football you have a chance. WB does that well. I personally don't think Blacksburg is the best team in the Region. Beck gives then a chance to win every game. He is a man among boys. So we will see how that shakes up. (Richland's Coach can give you a comparison of Basham and Beck, his take was very interesting).

I still think GW will be a hard out and I could see them playing for a state championship. Who really knows. That is why they play the games.

I don't think people has paid much attention to WB. They did not have Salem on the schedule to compare. WB lost 2 games last year, both to Salem one was 24-17 in the playoffs. WB is not as big but are faster than last years team and they did a great job of replacing all seniors from last year with equal players (exception D. Kasey). Salem may still beat them by 3 touch downs but I do not see it. It did not happen last year. I think Salem was better last year. I think WB is better this year. So we will see how that shakes out. Still a mental thing whenever you play Salem. They know how to win.

LB is beat up, but they are quick to try different things if things are not going well. The game vs WB was over after the interception. They just started slinging it. Give Harless time to prepare he can beat you, in game adjustments not so much. Blacksburg tried the same game plan as last year, LB contained Beck. He came on the scene hard last year led them to a state championship. St. River can beat anyone and scores a lot of points. If you play disciplined and assignment football you have a chance. WB does that well. I personally don't think Blacksburg is the best team in the Region. Beck gives then a chance to win every game. He is a man among boys. So we will see how that shakes up. (Richland's Coach can give you a comparison of Basham and Beck, his take was very interesting).

I still think GW will be a hard out and I could see them playing for a state championship. Who really knows. That is why they play the games.
Thanks for the feedback Pride. Hope you’re right about your last paragraph.

Reactions: PRIDEWINS
Salem still an uncharacteristically bad tackling team. Qb is inconsistent and has not been able to get the ball to Tucker deep. Front seven on defense inconsistent at best. Can't see this changing. Don't think they will be able to flip the switch and suddenly eliminate the problems. Still a very very dangerous team

They are still Salem. They have been there and won! That does mean something. They know how to prepare and adjust. I would never count them out!

Shout out to WB on going 1 for 2 but as bad as Salem has played this year at times, you can not compare LB or SR to Salem. I agree Salem is not as good as last year but WB has a better chance winning against 2 out of the 3 teams ahead of Salem. I just think Salem does a great job game planning and familiar with Byrd's offense and Ramsey getting more carries make them a different team. Blacksburg struggles with teams that come straight at them and EC Glass i just don't have a good feeling about them(getting beat by LCA was a bad L for them). I feel GW is going to win this region(almost impossible to stop on offense and getting better on defense) but Salem will be in the mix. 4D is really hard to call. I just don't see a weak team unless Pulaski can sneak in.

1. Blacksburg, 8-1, 30.1111
2. E.C. Glass, 7-2, 28.1111
4. Salem, 7-2, 26.6667
7. Amherst, 5-4, 24.8889
No one gets a bye?

There was no “game plan” for Bburg coming into the playoffs last year. Beck got hot running the ball in that game and Bburg rode him thereafter.

Curious. Where did you find Mance’s comparison of the two RBs?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT