ADVERTISEMENT

Power Recruit Camp Overview For Coaches, Players and Parents

BigGene77

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 14, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POWER RECRUIT
Evaluating the Best
A SPECIAL INVITATION INCLUDED
Overview of Power Recruit Camp Series For Coaches, Players and Parents
By: William Massenburg
Virginia Preps Staff

Coming up in April of this year I will be hosting the Power Recruit Camp Series for the very best talent in the state of Virginia. This camp series is not just a gathering of elite talent to showcase great talent, but it is an evaluation of the great talent in the state to promote them to college programs. Though there is nothing wrong with those types of gathering I found it lacking the substance that the elite athlete in Virginia expressed that they wanted to further their careers.

After evaluating my coordination of camps last year I developed Power Recruit. Through my years at VirginiaPreps, myself and other staffers find our telephone ringing off the hook with college coaches with a laundry list of needs. Coaches seeking our evaluations of athletes, utility guys, running backs, lineman, defensive backs, or point guards for 3 years down the road, centers, or a pitcher. Well if players have dreams and are seeking to be found and we have a list of things coaches are looking to find, why not bring that list to a gathering and try to place as many kids as possible in the site line of college coaches by personal referral.

Now we have POWER RECRUIT, a statement meant to represent the collaboration of all the resources that VirginiaPreps and our outside sources as a team has. We bring the resources, the lists, the connection to a meeting place and sort through the talent to promote them to programs where they can be successful. VirginiaPreps will have articles for days of the events but those within the network will surely be working to promote the kids we see.

On site my team and I decided to give an evaluation to as many players as possible, starting with the class of 2012 with the unsigned of 2011 and working back considering resources and staff for the event. The camp will be recorded entirely and we will evaluate that film the weeks following the camp. Any athlete, coach or parent looking for guidance in the recruiting process will be given contact information to reach me personally and other staff on hand to consult.

Your programs prestige, history or winning tradition is not important to us when it comes to evaluating individual ability. If you check preps staffs history you will see a list of evaluations that in the beginning looked questionable but manifested into beautiful truths. Two of my biggest promotions were boosting about a three win Dinwiddie team having multiple division 1 football players just to see it come to past under a great coach like Billy Mills. Another one was promoting a kid from Petersburg, VA named Quentin Spain when he was not considered All-District material at one point and me saying he is an All American, a group of football professionals laughed when it came out of my mouth. Two years later watching him start in the US Army All American game was a great joy now playing for West Virginia. This is not to boost of accomplishments but to let you know we are passionate about promoting and pushing athletes because we know what we see. The Power Recruit Camps Basketball, Football and Baseball were invitation only, but now I have decided to open it up to any athlete who coach is willing to vouch he is a legit college prospect on any collegiate level, coaches contact me at the number below as soon as possible or by email. Players if your coach will not vouch, if you can convince me or a staff member of your ability you may receive an opportunity. Academic issues, grades or no grades because we have an extensive network with junior colleges and prep schools do not let that stop you from attending.

Each camp has some of the best talent in the state of Virginia already registered. If your player or you individually want to come out to Power Recruit Basketball April 9, 2011 at Fort Lee, Virginia and work with and be evaluated by NBA, and ACC Legends, Power Recruit Football April 23, 2011 at Petersburg High School to work with and be assessed by NFL veterans, or Power Recruit Baseball which has been pushed back into May to work with and be evaluated by scouts and members of organizations like the Phillies, Yankees and Tampa Bay, contact us today and we will give you that opportunity to find a college home by being a POWER RECRUIT.
VirginiaPreps will be on hand in full force for profile set up, site registration, photos, highlight video collection, interviews, come out and meet Virginia Preps owner Zirkle Blakey, the smartest man in sports state wide editor Rod Johnson, meet me along with other staff members. If you are tired of dime a dozen camps, tired of the same cones, different location, same results then you need to POWER RECRUIT.

Camp Series Coordinator
William Massenburg can be contacted at 804-304-6452 or by email at wmassenburg@lifetosports.com

William Massenburg is a 7 year staff member of VirginiaPreps.com, he is a QMHP(Qualified Mental Health Professional) in the state of Virginia specializing in intensive in home counseling of troubled youth, William is a published author of the book “Legislation of the Heart, Getting Life Right” sold across the world through Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, Amazon.com and etc…, William Massenburg is a founding partner of Life Through Sports www.lifetosports.com a non-profit Academy that does elite level training in Athletics, Performing Arts and Martial Arts, specializing in full circle training both in the athletic arena, stage and outside those arenas in the community and the home, Life Through Sports is supported by Gold’s Gym, Bean Clean, Upside To Youth Development, Stronger Team and owner Alan Stein consultant to NBA Players Association, Nike Skills Academy, McDonalds All American Game, Jordan Brand Classic, Wali Rainer former NFL Man of The Year 8 year veteran, Bryon Bain former professional baseball player current scout for the Philadelphia Phillies.

You can also contact
Mike Caple at 804-898-0420 or by email at mcaple@lifetosports.com or Wallace “Butterbean” Johnson at 804-930-7145 or by email at wjohnson@lifetosports.com

VaPreps Camp Anouncement

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT