ADVERTISEMENT

Powhatan might be moving to the Dominion District at the right time

With my Skyhawks taking a beating from an unblelievable Manchester squad last night I have no reason to crow, but how did Powhatan get beat by Fluvanna? Just as I thought this was a thread written by Anon blowing up another team Louisa plays. Fantastic propaganda. Powhatan might not even make the playoffs. Compete in the Dominion? No way.

Got a chance to see my old squad Meadowbrook play at Dinwiddie today. Meadowbrook didnt quit, but Dinwiddie looked to be in coast mode all game. The Generals run defense is tight. Anybody who hasnt seen Pope play is missing a treat. The things he does with his feet and his strength. Whoa! Him and B. Smith from Louisa on a collision course worth watching. Both are the the best on their side of the ball in 4b maybe the state.

Congrats to Monacan on their gritty win over Cosby. Gotta tighten up to make my prediction come true. Pound the rock coach.

I don’t know man we had a real balanced attack we had over 200+ on the ground and 200+ in the air. We are expiramenting with a lot of new sets etc. We just have to avoid penalties and disaster plays and make sure we don’t squander scoring oops. We have the personnel to make a run at this. Cosby is scrappy and they called a good game. I think if we really get into a scrum the vertical passing game is our best bet. We have been working the run lately just trying to establish it.

Regarding Bird, Manchester is ridiculous! Can you update me on the status of the Bird player that was taken off the field? I hope all is well and spirits are high for that young man

The initial post was referencing the future of Powhatan Football. You can't make your analysis of a team based on one game either

I think Powhatan is a decent team... I just don't think they have a realistic chance of making it out of the first round in region B. Also, I think they will be a middle of the pack team in the Dominion district (best case scenario). A slightly better than average / to average team this year.

We definitely get a little too "football-minded" on this forum when discussing districts, and understandably so as that is our focus in the fall. AD's make these decisions for the good of the whole as others have said. This is a win-win for Powhatan and the Dominion District as a whole, both financially and from a competitive standpoint. Baseball, softball, wrestling, track/XC, golf, field hockey etc. are all highly competitive sports at Powhatan (with the first 3 being perennial powerhouses in the state) and will do very well against Dominion competition. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the orange and black around the Richmond area starting next year. I've also heard the young players in the football program are very promising as Hoos alluded to. Can't wait to see how they pan out in 2019 and 2020.

Reactions: LionNation540
We definitely get a little too "football-minded" on this forum when discussing districts, and understandably so as that is our focus in the fall. AD's make these decisions for the good of the whole as others have said. This is a win-win for Powhatan and the Dominion District as a whole, both financially and from a competitive standpoint. Baseball, softball, wrestling, track/XC, golf, field hockey etc. are all highly competitive sports at Powhatan (with the first 3 being perennial powerhouses in the state) and will do very well against Dominion competition. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the orange and black around the Richmond area starting next year. I've also heard the young players in the football program are very promising as Hoos alluded to. Can't wait to see how they pan out in 2019 and 2020.

Another Orange team in the Dominion??? Oye!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT