ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers requested please.

Thank you folks. I'm sure he is sneaking a peek at Preps and his text. I can tell you that he is extremely appreciative of your thoughts and prayers. Especially your prayers. As soon as I get an update on his condition, I'll share it with you.

He was telling the doctors while he was still in the ER last night, that they had to get him straight, because he was working a softball championship series next weekend. (That ain't happening now, Navy!)

Thank you folks. I'm sure he is sneaking a peek at Preps and his text. I can tell you that he is extremely appreciative of your thoughts and prayers. Especially your prayers. As soon as I get an update on his condition, I'll share it with you.

He was telling the doctors while he was still in the ER last night, that they had to get him straight, because he was working a softball championship series next weekend. (That ain't happening now, Navy!)

Just sent him a text, thoughts and prayers with Navy. He is one of a kind.

Bleeding Navy is an extremely blessed man. By all accounts, he should be dead.

He experienced a 99% blockage of the anterior interventricular left branch of the left coronary artery. Or, as it is commonly referred to, "the widow maker".

The heart attack occurred on Friday, and he did not come under medical care until mid-day Saturday.

To further illustrate how blessed he is, they do not believe any heart muscle was damaged or destroyed.

He underwent a heart catherization this morning and received balloon angioplasty, and a stent.

The prognosis for a full recovery is excellent. There will have to be some dietary and lifestyle changes, but he agrees, it's is a small price to pay for coming through this alive and well.

Whether you believe in the power of prayer or not, he does. And so do I. We thank you for the payers you have sent, and ask that you continue to hold him and his family in prayer.

He is still hospitalized at SRMC, and it is unclear when he will be discharged. He is feeling good and in great spirits.

Thanks for all of the get well text and messages. Have been too tired to answer them all, but I will get to them. God and a special friend was with me. Spartan Force The Big Dawg got me home safe and thru the night. In honor of my mentor I have been wearing his mask all season. I know he picked me up and walked me to the car when the game was over.

Thanks for all of the get well text and messages. Have been too tired to answer them all, but I will get to them. God and a special friend was with me. Spartan Force The Big Dawg got me home safe and thru the night. In honor of my mentor I have been wearing his mask all season. I know he picked me up and walked me to the car when the game was over.
I am just learning about this!
You are blessed by all accounts! Evidentally, God has another plan for you!
You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers, my friend! May God bless you toward a full recovery very soon!

Bleeding Navy got to go home today. I haven't talked to him since he left the hospital, but I'm sure his wife is seeing to it that he behaves.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and the kind words you have shared. I know how moved and humbled he has been from all of the support that has been shown him.

Hopefully, he will be slim and trim for football season, in full health, and ready to argue with everyone about football.

I am just thrilled beyond words that you are ok. I don't think my heart could take anything happening to you. You have no idea how much you meant to that man. A true brother indeed! My prayers for your recovery will be going up every day. I want you around for a very long time!❤

I am just thrilled beyond words that you are ok. I don't think my heart could take anything happening to you. You have no idea how much you meant to that man. A true brother indeed! My prayers for your recovery will be going up every day. I want you around for a very long time!❤
I apologize, SpartanForce. The first thing Navy told me to do was to get in touch with you and let you know that your angel had been there with him the entire time. I believe that with all my heart. Navy should have died, by everybody's estimation. But, not only has he survived, he will come out of this better than before it happened.

Another good thing to come out of all of this is that I finally got to meet Navy's parents. He has told me so much about them that I felt like they were old friends. I can't wait to ride out to their house and spend some time with them.

Navy can be a tough, crusty old guy sometimes, but I'm here to tell you that he is moved to tears by all of the well wishes and words of support he has received, here on this forum, and elsewhere. Again, I thank you all for your prayers for my good friend.

I apologize, SpartanForce. The first thing Navy told me to do was to get in touch with you and let you know that your angel had been there with him the entire time. I believe that with all my heart. Navy should have died, by everybody's estimation. But, not only has he survived, he will come out of this better than before it happened.

Another good thing to come out of all of this is that I finally got to meet Navy's parents. He has told me so much about them that I felt like they were old friends. I can't wait to ride out to their house and spend some time with them.

Navy can be a tough, crusty old guy sometimes, but I'm here to tell you that he is moved to tears by all of the well wishes and words of support he has received, here on this forum, and elsewhere. Again, I thank you all for your prayers for my good friend.
Thank you DP! I believe with all my heart that he was with him the entire time. Those two were like brothers....all the way back to Navy's skinny days!

Reactions: mike salem
Thank you DP! I believe with all my heart that he was with him the entire time. Those two were like brothers....all the way back to Navy's skinny days!
I am going to be skinny again. Weighed today. I am down 7.5 pounds already. Although I struggled I walked for 30 minutes today (drs orders). I start cardiac rehab soon and I am excited. 170 lbs here I come.

Thanks @SpartanForce. I aint going anywhere, got to see a certain young man play in college.

Blacknight, thanks for the kind words. You are a fine young man who is mature beyond your years. God bless you son!

I am going to be skinny again. Weighed today. I am down 7.5 pounds already. Although I struggled I walked for 30 minutes today (drs orders). I start cardiac rehab soon and I am excited. 170 lbs here I come.

Thanks @SpartanForce. I aint going anywhere, got to see a certain young man play in college.

Blacknight, thanks for the kind words. You are a fine young man who is mature beyond your years. God bless you son!
Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. Glad to know you're feeling better.

Bleeding Navy is an extremely blessed man. By all accounts, he should be dead.

He experienced a 99% blockage of the anterior interventricular left branch of the left coronary artery. Or, as it is commonly referred to, "the widow maker".

The heart attack occurred on Friday, and he did not come under medical care until mid-day Saturday.

To further illustrate how blessed he is, they do not believe any heart muscle was damaged or destroyed.

He underwent a heart catherization this morning and received balloon angioplasty, and a stent.

The prognosis for a full recovery is excellent. There will have to be some dietary and lifestyle changes, but he agrees, it's is a small price to pay for coming through this alive and well.

Whether you believe in the power of prayer or not, he does. And so do I. We thank you for the payers you have sent, and ask that you continue to hold him and his family in prayer.

He is still hospitalized at SRMC, and it is unclear when he will be discharged. He is feeling good and in great spirits.
Praying

So glad you are doing better

I was able to enjoy a lengthy lunch with my buddy Bleeding Navy today. He looks great, and is chomping at the bit to get back to work. He is tackling his dietary changes like he does everything, with a vengeance. As soon as he gets medical permission, he will start an exercise routine. I'm sure by football season he will be slim, trim, and fully healthy.

Bleeding Navy is doing great. We went to the Regional Championship games at Powhatan tonight and had a great time. He is still a little wide eyed with the fact that he is alive and healthy. Statistically, he had a .02% of surviving. And he not only survived, but basically his heart came through unharmed. I don't know what God has in store for him, but it must be something important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT