ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for AAAA State Finals

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Let's give it a try right now----I know it is easier once playoffs begin and injuries change everything----but this should be fun-----and think of the gloating if you get it right.

My prediction for finals-------Lake Taylor vs. Jefferson Forest I realize this may shock many of you but I am basing this prediction on JF getting all home games in playoffs-----If Salem gets the 1 seed all bets are off. If that makes me wishy washy so be it.

Let's give it a try right now----I know it is easier once playoffs begin and injuries change everything----but this should be fun-----and think of the gloating if you get it right.

My prediction for finals-------Lake Taylor vs. Jefferson Forest I realize this may shock many of you but I am basing this prediction on JF getting all home games in playoffs-----If Salem gets the 1 seed all bets are off. If that makes me wishy washy so be it.
GO PULASKI! Just to screw up everything.

All that sodium intake in your posts is bound to kill you.
Apparently it is all the bacon and brats, according to some new ruin-your-life study. In all seriousness, Salem has been the most consistent team, but it is so hard to predict when there is no common opponent trail to connect teams from various parts of the state.

Reactions: mike salem
Do you think Woodgrove is better than the last few years? They haven't had a lot of success going west and playing

Yes, I do.
I'm a homer for sure but Woodgrove has a hefty senior o-line, no huddle offense that can run and pass and the defense is improved from last year. My only concern is punting; we have only chosen to punt twice this year.

We just need to get that Salem monkey/mule off our back; I like our chances this year!

I am looking forward too two wins to finish season and then let the playoffs begin!

I guess what people want to know about Salem is "are they as good as last year?" In my opinion they are surprisingly better defensively and about the same offensively----Kicking game is about the same-----Punt returns about the same-----Kick and Punt coverage not as good. All and all---Salem 2015 almost a carbon copy of Salem 2014. Maybe that will help some of you that have not seen Salem but know they lost 17 starters from 2014

Imagine the state of this forum if it was Salem vs. Louisa. I don't think many would survive.

One part of my brain says we'll see a rematch of last year's finals, but another part says that's unlikely. I'll go with Salem vs. Lake Taylor.

But my heart says it'll be Sherando vs. Lake Taylor!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Imagine the state of this forum if it was Salem vs. Louisa. I don't think many would survive.

One part of my brain says we'll see a rematch of last year's finals, but another part says that's unlikely. I'll go with Salem vs. Lake Taylor.

But my heart says it'll be Sherando vs. Lake Taylor!

Which is funny since all the big threads this fall haven't involved Salem. There's usually one thread per Salem game, 5-10 posts, and that's it. JF, Sherando, Louisa, and others have taken center stage this year.

Salem vs. Louisa would be ironic, as I've wanted to play them since watching them in 2005. The storied dynasty vs. the "over-hyped" underdog overdue for a title.

Last edited:
I think the thing that got me "salty" last year about Salem is that because they play more of their games against 3A than 4A, I would have to see Salem posts on both the 3A and 4A boards both leading up to and after every game. But it is not really Salem's fault. Where are the fans of other schools? On either of those boards?

Without common opponents its a tough call. I just want us to win enough to meet LT for the first time to see in person just how awesome they really are. Reality says we lose but upsets sometimes happen. Putting my home bias aside from the scores I vote LT vs JF.

Appreciate your vote DP, to win the west you have to have heart not just talent, amongst other things. My vote is Salem vs whoever comes from the East. The most complete team in the west is Salem.

GO PULASKI! Just to screw up everything.
I think our schedule is going to hurt us, down year in the River Ridge. Will find out in 2 weeks when we go to Salem how we really will do in playoffs. Happy we are in the mix again, next year will be the year we compete at the state level.

I think Salem could be better next year than they are this year

3cr59KQEvu43S.gif

Mind.Blown.

Sherando isn't as good as Salem/JF they might be on the same page as Champe or Woodgrove but that's about it. I am predicting a possible Millbrook win over Sherando. Shersndos defense is definitely better than Forests but I still think JF could beat them by a couple scores

Last edited:
Your Northern Virginia bias is showing again
Bias? You do realize I picked Salem to win it all last year, even against LT? This year I have either Woodgrove or John Champe getting there. I mean, I have every respect for the Spartan program. When you roll through a season like they have, you have to give them kudo's. They dominated everyone. But honestly, they don't play much of a schedule. Barely a challenge. It's not just their program that has kept them as successful as they've been.

I love the program but Salem has not played anyone remotely close to the level of Champe or Woodgrove or even Sherando. That's just the bottom line. Just make me wrong again. Pretty easy thing lately. But bias? No chance and has never been the case. I doubt anyone on this board takes an objective look at a game and picks against their own team more than I do. Glad they also prove me wrong more often than not.

Salem's schedule is Salem's schedule---they can't do much about it. However, History is the great teacher and history tells us that the lack of a tougher schedule has not hurt them at anytime in 4A playoff history.

Reactions: mike salem
MRW old people discover memes and gifs

M1zahMo.gif

MRW people say something and don't know what they talking about.
uHlDZn2YSLoOs.gif

I'm 33 that's not old, and I have been posting meme's for awhile kiddo. But I see I ruffled some Salem feathers so its time to go in attack mode.

Last edited:
Salem's schedule is Salem's schedule---they can't do much about it. However, History is the great teacher and history tells us that the lack of a tougher schedule has not hurt them at anytime in 4A playoff history.
The playoff system is much different than before although the ADs and powers that be have worked hard to keep it as Regionally based as possible. There's a reason for that. So the West doesn't get eliminated in the first two rounds and makes it an all East final. What happened with Salem A decade ago has nothing to do with winning a Championship today.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Devils trying to make light of the talk about the west , I get it , have every right to gloat if that's what you are doing. and now you got your pawn following you now I see. Such a solid football attribute of knowledge by your side, is that a mineral selfie?
3cr59KQEvu43S.gif

Mind.Blown.
s L

MRW people say something and don't know what they talking about.
uHlDZn2YSLoOs.gif

I'm 33 that's not old, and I have been posting meme's for awhile kiddo. But I see I ruffled some Salem feathers so its time to go in attack mode.

That's an awful lot of tryhard in one post.

That's an awful lot of tryhard in one post.
Once again you come after me. Get a life dude it's getting old. I have a picture for you of my state championship ring from last season. Click the profile picture!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT