ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Before all the big games this week coming up, and next few weeks, with a few weeks of play completed, what is everyone's thoughts on Finalists for each Region?

I don't know enough about the other regions to give an educated guess, but after two weeks here are my rankings for Region C:

1. Sherando
2. Woodgrove
3. Heritage
4. Kettle Run
5. Loudoun County
6. Liberty
7. Dominion
8. Millbrook

Of those teams I'd give Sherando and Heritage the best chance to go undefeated, and if both did I imagine that Heritage would be the number 1 seed due to their beaten opponents being more likely to win games than Sherando's.

At least two of the teams listed in my top 8 will miss the playoffs due to only six teams making it in Region C. As it stands right now I think you could lose two games and still make it (3 might come down to tiebreakers), so if I had to pick two teams to miss the playoffs I'd probably go with Millbrook and Woodgrove.

- Millbrook because they're not the same team without Savon Smith. Loudoun County controlled the line of scrimmage and managed to shut their offense down for most of the game, so I have to believe that Kettle Run, Liberty, and Sherando will be able to do the same.

- Woodgrove because despite me believing they're the second best team in the region, they have by far the hardest schedule and there's not going to be any room for error if they drop games against 5A Broad Run and 5A Tuscarora. Following those two games they have to play Dominion, Heritage, and Loudoun County. I think a 7-3 Woodgrove could get in because their 5A opponents will win a lot of games to balance out the difference, but at 6-4 I'd guess they're watching from the sidelines.

All of that changes if the Dulles District teams cannibalize each other too badly though.

My surprise team is Handley. They're 2-0 on the year and I could see them winning six games or so. They have some good skill position players but I worry about their depth when it comes to facing the tougher teams on their schedule. I wouldn't overlook them though!

EDIT: Okay, here's my final 8:

A: (1) Lake Taylor vs. (2) Lafayette
B: (1) Dinwiddie vs. (3) Louisa
C: (1) Sherando vs. (2) Heritage
D: (1) G.W. Danville vs. (3) Salem

Last edited:
I'll start out

A: (1) Lake Taylor vs (2) Lafayette

B: (1) Dinwiddie vs (3)L ouisa

C: (1) Sherando vs (6) Woodgrove

D: (1) George Washington vs (2) EC Glass

I’m not mad at what you have there... I just think it is too early to rule out EV and Monacan in B and Salem in D. Also, KF and DC could easily be there in A. In Region C, I think Sherando is head and shoulders better at this point than the rest of the region but I admittingly by no means an expert in Region C.

I’m not mad at what you have there... I just think it is too early to rule out EV and Monacan in B and Salem in D. Also, KF and DC could easily be there in A. In Region C, I think Sherando is head and shoulders better at this point than the rest of the region but I admittingly by no means an expert in Region C.

I'm not an expert on any of it, and could only pick 2 from each. Not ruling anyone out.

Ok

I'm not an expert on any of it, and could only pick 2 from each. Not ruling anyone out.

KF vs Lafayette
EV vs Din
Salem vs GW
Sherando vs Woodgrove

Would be my guess at this point. Obviously subject to change. Really struggling with LT. If they hang in there with Freedom next week I need to rethink

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Ok

KF vs Lafayette
EV vs Din
Salem vs GW
Sherando vs Woodgrove

Would be my guess at this point. Obviously subject to change. Really struggling with LT. If they hang in there with Freedom next week I need to rethink

99% of mine is what I read on here and history.

The only thing I will qualify is that just going by looking at schedules the top 2 teams may not be the teams I have in games. So say Salem, they could be a 4/5 seed and thus them or GW (in the prediction) would be out.

You know more about Dinwiddie than any of us, why aren't they in there?

@DinGen53 made a valid point; however, we are talking about right now. If Dinwiddie can get wins over Salem and Dale I may think differently.

Four teams in Region B went undefeated last year and two (EV and Louisa) should do so this season. Last year Louisa came to Dinwiddie and beat us. Not many teams do that, so they have my respect. Monacan always plays us tough and now they have a big physical running qb. Snyder could be tough on our d. EV, has sound qb and interior line play. We match up well with them.

In a nutshell we are very young. If our db's and lb's mature we will be in the hunt. A lot of work to be done.

Last edited:
I don’t know much about the other regions but I think it’s interesting that no one so far thinks Blacksburg will be a top two team in region D. I’m not saying they will be but, they beat a very good Lord Botetourt team rather handily last Friday. So far Bburg has been more impressive in their wins than Salem has. Just saying, I don’t think we can rule them out as a contender in Region D just yet.

Reactions: lyhsports
I don’t know much about the other regions but I think it’s interesting that no one so far thinks Blacksburg will be a top two team in region D. I’m not saying they will be but, they beat a very good Lord Botetourt team rather handily last Friday. So far Bburg has been more impressive in their wins than Salem has. Just saying, I don’t think we can rule them out as a contender in Region D just yet.
They were my top pick for Region D, with Salem or Glass taking the other spot... though I don't know much about Region D

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT