ADVERTISEMENT

Prince George Head Coach Opening

Is this a good job/situation for potential candidates? Really don't hear much about the football program. I think baseball and softball has been good over the years.

I would assume an easy hire might be Justin Keeler. Saw where he came back to PG from Amelia a few years ago. Did good things at Amelia before leaving. Joe Daniel, another former PG assistant out there with Head Coaching experience.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Is this a good job/situation for potential candidates? Really don't hear much about the football program. I think baseball and softball has been good over the years.

Last year they made the playoffs for the first time since the 1994 season.

They were a competitive team, they have some talent but there is no mistaking them for a powerhouse. If it were a normal year and 8 teams made the playoffs they would definitely be in the mix but I do not believe them to be one of the top four in Region 5B.

For years I have heard that the growth of Fort Lee would equate to a better Prince George program. Was last year a product of that? Won't know for a couple more years when we have more to examine than just one season.

Last year they made the playoffs for the first time since the 1994 season.

They were a competitive team, they have some talent but there is no mistaking them for a powerhouse. If it were a normal year and 8 teams made the playoffs they would definitely be in the mix but I do not believe them to be one of the top four in Region 5B.

For years I have heard that the growth of Fort Lee would equate to a better Prince George program. Was last year a product of that? Won't know for a couple more years when we have more to examine than just one season.
Who do you like out of Region B this year?

Well considering only the top 4 are going to the playoffs I'm thinking... in no particular order...

Highland Springs
Deep Run
Varina
Manchester
I like HS, Varina and Manchester. Deep Run will have the hardest road. Glen Allen, Herm and I wouldn’t count out Freeman all on their schedule.

PG is also decent in hoops. but are over shadowed but powerful district mates.

Reactions: aw19752
ADVERTISEMENT