ADVERTISEMENT

Pulaski Co. 21 P.H. 14

My sentimental favorite to win this game but it didn't help my pickem' selections. It was worth it. Pulaski IS back. GO COUGARS!

Reactions: wikki
Huh, so could this set up an undefeated matchup between Salem and Pulaski in the last week of the regular season? I'm not familiar with that part of the state, so not sure how things are expected to turn out. I think Salem is the best 4A West team, just like they were last year, but if they're both undefeated going into that game there could be a lot of emotion on both sides of the ball.

Huh, so could this set up an undefeated matchup between Salem and Pulaski in the last week of the regular season? I'm not familiar with that part of the state, so not sure how things are expected to turn out. I think Salem is the best 4A West team, just like they were last year, but if they're both undefeated going into that game there could be a lot of emotion on both sides of the ball.
Salem still has PH away on turf to showcase Ph's speed. I expect Salem will be able to move the ball on PH much like JF was able to. If Salem can limit big plays from Calfee and make stops they should be ok as long as they hold on to the ball.

I don't see any impediment to Pulaski being undefeated heading into that game. This is a rivalry game anyway, but Pulaski has been humbled by Salem since Pulaski last won in '10. This game will probably award the winner a first round bye. Should feel like old times. Stadium should be packed better than any playoff game till near the end.

I think JF will get the 1 seed and should be considered the favorites going in to the West playoffs until someone shows us differently anyway.

Pretty good but weather was a factor. Pulaski definitely the better team.

Weather was a factor for both teams. I think that Pulaski runners slipped and fell more than PH players. PC did a great job containing Calfee in the pocket. He could not run because the defenders were right on top of him. The secondary locked down the receivers and he had no one to pass to.

Just how good is Pulaski County this year ?? Any comments ??
Much better than they have been, playing more physical , a lot bigger and stronger. Coach James is a believer in the weight room a lot like coach hicks and turner. Not sure how good the River Ridge is this year, the condition helped us Thursday. Really like us the rest of season until We get to Salem.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Much better than they have been, playing more physical , a lot bigger and stronger. Coach James is a believer in the weight room a lot like coach hicks and turner. Not sure how good the River Ridge is this year, the condition helped us Thursday. Really like us the rest of season until We get to Salem.

It's terrible but your close games weren't/won't be from RR teams anyway(wait is PH a RR team now?). Northside isn't that good so maybe you take an L there in a different year but this is simply a better Pulaski team than recent years.

Salem still has a bump or two to go and for that matter so does Pulaski just because this is high school football but 9-0* vs 9-0 in front of 7,000+ at Salem Stadium would be a great capper to the regular season.

Reactions: mike salem
It's terrible but your close games weren't/won't be from RR teams anyway(wait is PH a RR team now?). Northside isn't that good so maybe you take an L there in a different year but this is simply a better Pulaski team than recent years.

Salem still has a bump or two to go and for that matter so does Pulaski just because this is high school football but 9-0* vs 9-0 in front of 7,000+ at Salem Stadium would be a great capper to the regular season.

November 6 will feature arguably the best 3 matchups of the season in each of the South Central VA areas(Roanoke, Lynchburg, Danville).

River Ridge will have Pulaski @Salem (likely 9-0 vs 9-0)
Seminole will have Brookville @ Jefferson Forest (likely 9-0 vs 9-0)
Piedmont will have Magna Vista @ GW-Danville (likely 8-1 vs 8-1)

As far as atmosphere's go, the playoffs will start early for these schools. Who do you choose as Game of The Week there?

November 6 will feature arguably the best 3 matchups of the season in each of the South Central VA areas(Roanoke, Lynchburg, Danville).

As far as atmosphere's go, the playoffs will start early for these schools. Who do you choose as Game of The Week there?
IF Pulaski and Salem are both undefeated then that absolutely should be the game

This is going to sound homer but Salem/PC is the answer. Resurgent Pulaski making a trip down to Salem in one of the great rivalries of VA football, that's where everyone but WSET is going to spotlight. Both fanbases traditionally travel extremely well so I'm sure with Pulaski being good again they'll bring a bunch down 81 and you'll see a near-capacity or so Salem Stadium on a cold November night.

Salem's been dying for Pulaski to get back to the status quo, I guarantee you fans and players alike are chomping at the bit for this one to come true. Hopefully both teams hold up their side of the bargain and we get something special but regardless, both are quality programs this year and it'll be a good game either way.

The GW/Magna Vista game is probably the weakest of the 3 games. I don't know if that will be as close as many people think. I definitely think the Salem and Pulaski game will be the game to see, especially if both teams are still undefeated.

And I just have a feeling Jefferson Forest will take it to Brookville

Yeah, PHS/Salem will be the best. JF will probably run away from Brookville. Magna Vista/GW may be good because they're both relatively equal. Both run the same style so it should be exciting. But undefeated Pulaski vs undefeated Salem is must see stuff. I would be rooting hard for the Pulaski D.

Bumps in the road? Puuh-leeeeze! At this point and with this schedule, it would be a shock if either team lost a game before week 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: dringtuoti
Yeah, PHS/Salem will be the best. JF will probably run away from Brookville. Magna Vista/GW may be good because they're both relatively equal. Both run the same style so it should be exciting. But undefeated Pulaski vs undefeated Salem is must see stuff. I would be rooting hard for the Pulaski D.

Bumps in the road? Puuh-leeeeze! At this point and with this schedule, it would be a shock if either team lost a game before week 10.

Hey shaunty, a post we can agree on.

Shaunty I agree! Although I don't think MV and GW are as equal as we think. MV has some great athletes but they're defense is real shaky. Gave up 40 to Byrd, 50+ to JF, and played neck and neck with Dan River until the second half where they ran away. IMO, GW has waaaaaay many weapons than JF and Byrd and if they struggled with Navy and Basham (who are without a doubt two of the top offensive players in 4a West) then they're definitely going to struggle with CJ Graves, Jamil Griffin, and Kweshaun Forrest (GW's 3 headed monster at RB). Then you throw in Tim Glass, Donald Smith (probably the best corner in 4a west and a stud receiver), Isaiah Guzman, and Carlos Ballard who are all putting up crazy numbers at receiver and I haven't even mentioned GW's defense. I think it'll be a repeat of last year.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT