won Franklin County 45-6 6a
won Bassett 69-27 4a

Patrick Henry Patriots 5a
won 3a Hidden Valley 31-14
won 4a Jefferson Forest 31-28
won 4a William Fleming 28-14
lost 5a Albermarle 20-17
won 3a Christiansburg 59-7

Who are these teams? What are they made of ? Pulaski County is strong on the line . Patrick Henry is better this year . Patrick Henry was up against Albermarle and relaxed and got beat . Pulaski dominated Cave Spring and almost got beat by poor execution , massive penalties , dropped passes and just mental mistakes . The Cougars will come down the mountain into Roanoke City and will show up. Cougar football is exciting good . How quick is their defense against Patrick Henry speed and spread offense ? the Cougars will try and bully the Patriots upfront with their massive offensive line and good running backs . That being said who has Pulaski County played ? Nobody with a winning record . I think they have the makings of a player in 4a west . I think Pulaski stays undefeated .

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I think this will be a good indicator of where Pulaski is at. I look at these scores for Pulaski and these are points they are putting up in basically 2.5 quarters with a continuous clock second half. I'm excited to see what the offense if capable of if it plays 4 quarters.

Close game last year.....big roster changes for either this year? Albemarle is an ugly loss for PH. Gotta go with Pulaski.

Close game last year.....big roster changes for either this year? Albemarle is an ugly loss for PH. Gotta go with Pulaski.
Patrick Henry lost QB Quishon Calfee. He was a major part of their offense. I think Pulaski is strong on the lines as is usually the case and they return a lot of their skill players.

Coach Fiddler for PH believes his lines and running game are stronger than they have been since his arrival several yrs ago. PH has a lot of new faces at the skill positions, but they are never deficient in that category.

I think Pulaski will likely prevail because of their line strength and running game. This could be a tight one if PH can hang on to the ball, establish the running game, and the QB is a good game manager.

I think the difference in the game will probably boil down to Pulaski offense vs PH defense since PH has quick strike potential. Can the PH defense keep Pulaski from controlling the LOS, and TOP? I think if PH can stop Pulaski from doing that, they have a really good chance to win, if not they will likely lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: cutnjump
The game, as it often does, will come down to two primary areas, in my opinion. As Mike has already stated, the line of scrimmage is ground zero. Pulaski has better size than PH and PH's advantage in the line lies in quickness and athleticism. Whoever controls the line of scrimmage will be able to dictate tempo and pace of game play. A decided advantage toward winning the game will hinge on who wins that battle. The second crucial area is turnovers. Pulaski is generally solid in ball security while PH can be solid but, is known to shoot themselves in the foot with lots of turnovers on the ground and in the air. PH's lone loss had much more to do with losing their game manager QB to a shoulder injury and multiple untimely turnovers than the opponent. This is in no way meant to take away from the performance of the Albemarle QB(Anderson) who was very good but, Albemarle is not within two TD's without the significant help PH gave them. Thomas is a good playmaker for the Cougars and they have other parts as well but, PH has an advantage, IMO, in terms of speed and athleticism in both its backs and wideouts. On the natural grass surface in Pulaski I would lean to the Cougars but, the game will be played on turf at PH which favors the Patriots speed. I believe it will be a close game but, I think the Patriots will prevail with the home field advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT