ADVERTISEMENT

Pulaski County/Patrick Henry game not allowed to move to Thursday

Fauquier at Sherando was moved up to tonight at 7. Hopewell at Dinwiddie is also tonight at 7.

Last edited:
Simple solution is to move game to Saturday evening. Rain has cleared and no game conflicts. I81 south is not light traffic under normal game conditions but, particularly heavily travelled for a Thursday night VT game between approximately 230 and 630 due to the compressed travel window of people getting off work and trying to make the game. Return travel should not have been a problem. Callahan has some valid points but, Thursday is probably no better for Pulaski or PH fans who were already scheduled for the VT game either. He could have made a far better case for a Saturday or even Monday reschedule than whining over Thursday and trying to drop it in Roanoke City lap.

Last edited:
Simple solution is to move game to Saturday evening. Rain has cleared and no game conflicts. I81 south is not light traffic under normal game conditions but, particularly heavily travelled for a Thursday night VT game between approximately 230 and 630 due to the compressed travel window of people getting off work and trying to make the game. Return travel should not have been a problem. Callahan has some valid points but, Thursday is probably no better for Pulaski or PH fans who were already scheduled for the VT game either. He could have made a far better case for a Saturday or even Monday reschedule than whining over Thursday and trying to drop it in Roanoke City lap.
I can see Monday being an option but as far as Saturday goes, there's an band competition scheduled on the field that would affect many schools. It's supposed to be an all day event from what I was told.
Now I can only guess that the reason they're not wanting to play Monday is because they're facing a team the caliber of Salem on a short week next Friday with a possible home playoff game at stake.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarkeFan83
So Tech has a game tonight that starts at 7:30. I would think that the traffic for the game on 81 would be cleared way before then due to people tailgating at the game. I call BS on this move, there's another reason, I'll bet money on it.
Traffic was horrible in Salem and 81. Well after 7:00

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT