ADVERTISEMENT

Question on 4A East Playoff Structure

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
I remember reading on here somewhere that 4A East was using a "Pod System" this year. Conference 17 and 18 would be a Pod and Conferences 19 and 20 another. Each Pod would take the top 8 to the playoffs with the top team from each Pod playing for a chance to go to the State final.

Is this true and do I have my thoughts straight?

I remember reading on here somewhere that 4A East was using a "Pod System" this year. Conference 17 and 18 would be a Pod and Conferences 19 and 20 another. Each Pod would take the top 8 to the playoffs with the top team from each Pod playing for a chance to go to the State final.

Is this true and do I have my thoughts straight?

That is how I understand it ChancellorFan.......

1 v 8
4 v 5

3 v 6
2 v 7

winners play, and I believe starting in the third round they cross bracket between all four conferences......

Good luck this week, y'all have a heck of a QB and WR

1 v 8
4 v 5

3 v 6
2 v 7

winners play, and I believe starting in the third round they cross bracket between all four conferences......

So after the first two rounds you could have something like...

#1 17-18 pod Lafayette vs. #2 19-20 pod Dinwiddie
#1 19-20 pod Courtland vs. #2 17-18 pod Heritage

Of course the higher seed would host which brings up the idea of what if the #2 from a particular pod had a higher power rating they could lose what would have been a home game before. Of course winners play for 4a East title

1 v 8
4 v 5

3 v 6
2 v 7

Thanks. That's almost as clear as mud! Ha!

Thanks! We do have a very good QB and wide receiver ... but lets not forget all the other receivers lining up. It can get interesting real quick!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT