ADVERTISEMENT

R.E.Lee 59 Broadway 58

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
The Leemen rallied to win at Broadway 59-58 on a game winning shot by George with 5.2 seconds left. Lee was led by Tavian Brown with 16 points, George had 15, and Dontell Kelly added 9.

Lee now 3-0 will host Spotswood next Friday.

Reactions: pizzzzza
The Leemen rallied to win at Broadway 59-58 on a game winning shot by George with 5.2 seconds left. Lee was led by Tavian Brown with 16 points, George had 15, and Dontell Kelly added 9.

I really like the way Dontell Kelly plays, his impact to the team reminds me a lot of Justice Winslow with Duke last year.

Reactions: pizzzzza

Looks like Lee is starting to get their basketball shoes under them.

Maybe this could be a good year for Lee - but a long ways to go.

I like Dontell Kelly too. If he continues to develop along with George...I can't think of anyone who will match up well with them down the road. Lee has size this year to go along with George who is 6'6 6'7 himself. Keith what are you thinking is the outlook for Lee this year? I see them by February being a team that will contend for the 2A final four. They will get better and George is maybe the best player in 2A. I know some would argue and that's certainly fair. George reminds me of a combination of Eli Crawford and Hosea Berkley as far as his scoring and explosive leaping ability.

Pizzzzza...I think you will be seeing a more common Lee team this season. They look the best they have in several years and have a chance to do big things. Here's one for you as a Lee history guy. Lee wore black road jerseys against Broadway with blue trim. They were sharp looking and reminded me of Duke's road alternate jersey's. The traditional blue and white is still there but...these alternates were impressive. Also the Valley appears to be deeper than it has been in years as far as talent. Should be a fun season ahead.

Lee will find out more about themselves as they face Spotswood and Waynesboro before Christmas. Waynesboro is off to a 5-1 start and the Wood is good as usual.

Lee does appear to have some height this year.

How good is Broadway? Did you see the game?
I check out their roster at Max Preps, and they seem to have some height this year.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed the none of the players will transfer - seems to starting a trend the past few years at Lee

Last edited:
Lee has some size for sure and they will be fine in 2A. However, the usual suspects lurk in 2A with Dan River and Martinsville!

Broadway has some length and the 1-3-1 gave Lee fits. I think they will be ok. I see the league as Spotswood (banged up right now), Waynesboro and Lee, and Broadway and the rest.

Reactions: leemen and pizzzzza
I like Dontell Kelly too. If he continues to develop along with George...I can't think of anyone who will match up well with them down the road. Lee has size this year to go along with George who is 6'6 6'7 himself. Keith what are you thinking is the outlook for Lee this year? I see them by February being a team that will contend for the 2A final four. They will get better and George is maybe the best player in 2A. I know some would argue and that's certainly fair. George reminds me of a combination of Eli Crawford and Hosea Berkley as far as his scoring and explosive leaping ability.

Pizzzzza...I think you will be seeing a more common Lee team this season. They look the best they have in several years and have a chance to do big things. Here's one for you as a Lee history guy. Lee wore black road jerseys against Broadway with blue trim. They were sharp looking and reminded me of Duke's road alternate jersey's. The traditional blue and white is still there but...these alternates were impressive. Also the Valley appears to be deeper than it has been in years as far as talent. Should be a fun season ahead.

Lee will find out more about themselves as they face Spotswood and Waynesboro before Christmas. Waynesboro is off to a 5-1 start and the Wood is good as usual.
I think there is some really good depth on this team, and it looks like a classic lee team which is refreshing. Darius has elevated his game this year and has added some range to his arsenal. Id like to see jarvis continue to develop as he has some serious height and athleticism. Im reluctant to make any postseason projections as it is so early in the year and i have a way of jinxing then, but lets just say i like the tools this team has as well as the chemistry i have seen so far

Reactions: leemen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT