ADVERTISEMENT

Radford 59 Northside 56 final!

He's the one that makes them go and he does so many things well. They won't be the same next year.

Being a Martinsville fan we have seen QMR at least once a year the last 3 years and he is a big time difference maker. Hopefully we will see them again this year in the regionals. I have an appreciation for good basketball and when you watch Q and Radford play you're watching very good bball.

It was a heck of a game with standing room only. Northside played defense and challenged every shot. Q put on a amazing show

Reactions: AntGZee
Q is arguably the VA High School 2A player of the year as far as I'm concerned. Northside plays incredible on ball, off ball, and transition defense, and he just kept getting huge buckets. Credit the Radford defense. Northside offensively is anything but chimp change. I was as impressed with our defense as much as any point in the season. We could still lose to Martinsville or East Rock, but it would be a major upset in my opinion if one of the two beat us. Assuming we stay healthy, I think this team is going to win the state championship.

Reactions: one man
Very nice win for the Bobcats! They are definitely the best team in this end of the state...maybe at all levels...

G-Man, I thought Graham was supposed to be so-so? Graham looked very good and when looking at the margin of victory over a very good Patrick Henry team, you guys had a win that was also impressive. With the loss of Ervin at GC, Graham may be the favorite to win Region D.

Fairlawncat, really going out on a limb picking Radford as the favorite to win state. Guess you got some beachfront property near Riner you want to sell me also. Its Radford and East Rock and then everybody else. I see nobody out of C beating you, Graham and possibly GC out of D. Dont know much about A but it seems to be the consensus of everyone in the East that East Rock will be the team from that end of the state. If ya'll win the championship this year how many will that be? I know you have a bunch. Good luck and maybe we will meet up in a couple of weeks, not that I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
It's hard for me to imagine anything other than an East Rock and Radford final. Not to discount the Dogs, Graham, Greensville, or GC. Just the way I see it happening this year. I think the Dogs have the best chance at beating Radford on the west side of the state. GC losing Ervin shot any chance of them being able to hang with Radford in the foot. Graham has the talent but havent put it together...might get to see how much they have improved if they get to play the Cats again.

It's hard for me to imagine anything other than an East Rock and Radford final. Not to discount the Dogs, Graham, Greensville, or GC. Just the way I see it happening this year. I think the Dogs have the best chance at beating Radford on the west side of the state. GC losing Ervin shot any chance of them being able to hang with Radford in the foot. Graham has the talent but havent put it together...might get to see how much they have improved if they get to play the Cats again.

Radford is winning it all, anything less is a disappointment. They're better than everyone else

I know where your coming from.....but they wouldnt be the first team that ended the year in disappointment when they were supposed to win it all. The reality is Radford is probably the best in with maybe East Rock or MHS being a close 2nd to them. With Ervin, GC would be right there in the mix as well but not sure if he will make it back or not. I personally think the Cats win it all. But these other top teams I mentioned don't need 2 things to go right for them to win though.....they only need one of 2 things to go right. If Radford plays their A game it's likely a done deal and ball game over for everyone. But if Radford has an off night OR (not and)....the other team plays outstanding and Radford just plays a good game that could spell disaster for the Cats.

Basketball is a game of runs and getting hot at the right time......the better teams bite the dust quite often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fairlawncat
Fairlawncat, really going out on a limb picking Radford as the favorite to win state. Guess you got some beachfront property near Riner you want to sell me also. Its Radford and East Rock and then everybody else. I see nobody out of C beating you, Graham and possibly GC out of D. Dont know much about A but it seems to be the consensus of everyone in the East that East Rock will be the team from that end of the state. If ya'll win the championship this year how many will that be? I know you have a bunch. Good luck and maybe we will meet up in a couple of weeks, not that I'm looking forward to it.

If we win state, it would be number 7. I got nothing for sale in Riner, but I do have a few acres for sale not to far up the road in Shawsville.

Sounds like it's Radford's turn to win it all this year.

But I keep reading/hearing about how strong East Rock is.

Why you think all levels?

Probably because the Southwestern Portion of Virginia is mostly 1A through 3A. Depending on how you define SWVA, if one draws the line at Roanoke and goes west to the border of Kentucky, is there another team better than Radford? Blacksburg is 4A also. If SWVA starts at Radford and goes west to the border, then Radford would still the best team at all levels. I agree with GMan

I don't think he meant best in that area alone. He said maybe at all levels. Which means entire state class 1-6?

Y'all pump the breaks.....Radford is probably the best from Class 1-3, from Roanoke west. The best at all levels, I seriously doubt.... I believe GW Danville and Halifax Co. would give Radford a fit.

Reactions: OnceAKnight
I wouldn't say best in 1-3, yea they beat Northside once but I wouldn't bet on either team in that game again, I do expect them in the finals in Richmond representing the western half of the state in 2a

Reactions: aw19752 and AntGZee
Ok so we just had an over reacting poster? There's no real indication Radford is the best team in the entire state?

Pretty sure he meant this side of the state. All classifications. Eveyone calm down and back away. Have a good day.

Reactions: AntGZee
Overall just a compliment to how good Radford is, especially to be at the 2A level. Best in the entire state, I highly doubt. Best in southwest va, I think that has been proven to this point. With games to come againt region D, we shall see. Also Radford should be the favorite in matchups against D.
Best in 2A, thats coming right up as well. Favorite in 2A, I think so.
Have a great Sunday,
RADCATS

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT