ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey to play for CLEMSON!! Go Tigers!!

Something just isn't adding up here. However, if Clemson did land him I truly believe they found one hell of a player and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him on the field in Death Valley sooner rather than later.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
"Those who saw my tweet about Clemson I'm not on the team all they said was they wanted me I haven't signed to any school."

There is no truth to this. I have a player (RB) that is 2019 offer RB/athlete. Clemson offers very very slow. They only offer after a long process and due diligence.

I am close with their staff - especially Streeter the QBs coach and recruiting coordinator and venebles DC.
Last week the last week of contact period Streeter came to our school. He took a private jet from Baltimore to the local airport in Stafford. Came to my school for about 30 minutes. I asked him where he was going next... back on private jet and to North Carolina to see a recruit.. from there back to clemson. He was not checking out anyone else.
Again clemson recruits really really slow.. they offfer slow and require you to come on campus, workout etc...again I know this program very very well. Tony Elliot the RBs coach makes final decision besides Dabo signing off. They just signed one RB in their class this year - from Georgia. That is and. Will be only RB they sign in 2018 class... they will also only sign one RB in 2019 class too.

What is he up to now? Is he going anywhere? I hoped there was a chance he'd come to FUMA with Viante Tucker.

He is listed on the NRV Nitros roster along with RB Dontae Clayborne and OL Kyle Walters from Salem.

Would playing for this team make him a professional athlete not eligible to play in college? If so, that's very disappointing. I'd think there has to be some post-graduate situation out there which would work out for him.

Would playing for this team make him a professional athlete not eligible to play in college? If so, that's very disappointing. I'd think there has to be some post-graduate situation out there which would work out for him.

I agree it’s very disappointing. Nitro play Semi-pro ball. They don’t get paid for playing. He should be prepping and not wasting his time on this mess. Semi-Pro ball consist of guys trying to live a long gone dream and many try hard to prove that they’re this and that. Ramsey is too good of a player. The league is a complete joke and I’m a supporter of the AFA. Virginia Storm (Danville) played the Washington Bulldawgs (D.C.) a few weeks back for the championship and got to fighting. It’s a circus! Ramsey is a blue chip player and is a rare talent. He needs to do the right thing, get his adult education diploma, and go to a Prep School/JUCO program long away from Salem like Frank Mason did Petersburg (perfect success story and is very similar to DeAngelo’s situation). Kid can play at any Power 5 school he wants, but he has to want to do the right thing and apply himself.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
The old saying is I can take you to the water but I can’t help (force) you to drink.

I think the coaches could do or could have done more in terms of guidance, somebody has to take direction of the situation if the kid has all the right tools somebody can help him. Jucos and prep schools take liabilities.

The old saying is I can take you to the water but I can’t help (force) you to drink.

I think the coaches could do or could have done more in terms of guidance, somebody has to take direction of the situation if the kid has all the right tools somebody can help him. Jucos and prep schools take liabilities.

It certainly seems like he'd be ideally suited for Fork Union, Hargrave, etc. His older brother could tell him what to expect at that type of school.

I agree. It feels as if he was a victim of win this program a state championship and afterwards thrown to the dogs. On the other end of the spectrum, there’s only so much a coach can do. They afforded him the opportunity and he didn’t hold his end up. Sad either way none the less.

I don’t think Salem as a community throws the athletes to the wolves post spartan glory, I could be wrong. At the end of the day he has to want more for himself nobody can ignite his fire for him.

if his brother took that route what were the results did he go to a bigger school, still there or what exactly is the situation with Big brother?

I just hate to see the prime talent in the central Virginia area go to shit for lack of a better word. There’s a rich talent pool here that’s under recruited and evaluated but when the stars don’t make the cut recruiting wise it casts a shadow over the region and lowers th chances.

I don’t think Salem as a community throws the athletes to the wolves post spartan glory, I could be wrong. At the end of the day he has to want more for himself nobody can ignite his fire for him.

if his brother took that route what were the results did he go to a bigger school, still there or what exactly is the situation with Big brother?

I just hate to see the prime talent in the central Virginia area go to shit for lack of a better word. There’s a rich talent pool here that’s under recruited and evaluated but when the stars don’t make the cut recruiting wise it casts a shadow over the region and lowers th chances.

His brother is a football player at VMI. He didn't prep after HS, but he could give him an idea of what to expect at a military focused school. I don't think that any of us know what's gone on or is going on behind the scenes. (And if anyone does, they certainly shouldn't post it to a public forum.) Whatever mistakes he's made, others have overcome similar situations. Like you say, it's just sad to see such a talent go to waste particularly when it's very readily apparent. At the very least, it could provide him with an expenses paid college education.

Possibly? NCAA has gotten much stricter on amateur status with the advent of AAU, club and semi-pro teams etc.

Coach Mags has done all he could for DeLo. Prep school has been offered. DeLo has to want to do it. Right now it seems he doesn't want to go that route.

Even if his future college eligibility is unaffected, he'd be better off not playing than this option. He's not going to develop his skills in a meaningful way and there's always the risk of injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT