ADVERTISEMENT

Rd. 2 Jefferson Forest (10-0) vs. Millbrook (8-3)

Who wins?

• Jefferson Forest

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Millbrook

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
Im a little confused, I went to Forest Hudl page, and it has JF winning the game against Millbrook on Nov 13th 2015, at a score of 65-18. When you click on the the highlights it is the complete highlights of Millbrook absent any Sherando footage. Can somebody explain why this is? Is this how he shows his players the highlights of Millbrook? why doesn't he keep these private for his players? and, Why did he put a score up like that like the game had already been played?

Im a little confused, I went to Forest Hudl page, and it has JF winning the game against Millbrook on Nov 13th 2015, at a score of 65-18. When you click on the the highlights it is the complete highlights of Millbrook absent any Sherando footage. Can somebody explain why this is? Is this how he shows his players the highlights of Millbrook? why doesn't he keep these private for his players? and, Why did he put a score up like that like the game had already been played?
nevermind I got it, his teams highlights are private, he is just posting all the teams they have played highlights, still dont get that, but ok. no reason to do that when you can just review with your team as private.

I don't make assumptions on score unless it is just a guess like the pickem . Without seeing a team in action. You might be right Shauntclair, I don't know.

Reactions: mike salem
Probably 60+ offensively. It depends on which defense comes to play. Could be a 63-10 type game. Could be another repeat of EV last year with 63-55

It's hard to predict a score but I imagine it's going to be high scoring and JF has to be the heavy favorite but you never know. I've seen crazier things happen!

Reactions: jfcav1
Probably 60+ offensively. It depends on which defense comes to play. Could be a 63-10 type game. Could be another repeat of EV last year with 63-55
What a game that was.....probably one of the most entertaining games of the year

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but why would anyone consider Millbrook winning here? While they hung 65 on LCA, JF certainly rates substantially better across the board. Their offense is as potent as ever and while they give up only a few TD's here and there, I don't see Millbrook denting their defense enough to hang with them. I really don't know the depth of JF's schedule, but Maxpreps shows some impressive wins throughout the season. They don't appear to have significant weaknesses... I can only assume some of the points they allowed were in "mop up time" when they played backups.

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but why would anyone consider Millbrook winning here? While they hung 65 on LCA, JF certainly rates substantially better across the board. Their offense is as potent as ever and while they give up only a few TD's here and there, I don't see Millbrook denting their defense enough to hang with them. I really don't know the depth of JF's schedule, but Maxpreps shows some impressive wins throughout the season. They don't appear to have significant weaknesses... I can only assume some of the points they allowed were in "mop up time" when they played backups.
Millbrook is a confusing team to me they're definitely a good team but besides the Woodgrove game ( which made me wonder that they might have something) the better teams they have played beat them by double digits. I know they were missing a few players against Sherando but I still think Sherando wins that game anyway. I wouldn't think Millbrook could win this game but you never know until it's over.

I think the biggest thing is the fact that these teams are 3 hours apart - no from up north has any idea how good Jefferson Forest really is and nobody from down south has any idea how good Millbrook really is. That's one of the few benefits I've found with the new playoff format - you get match-ups with teams from different parts of the state and you get to see how they match up. I live in Ashburn and have not seen any of the teams in the Roanoke-Lynchburg area to play - but I believe Jefferson Forest to be a very good team.

I remember the Liberty(Bealeton)-Jefferson Forest game last year. I thought that was going to be a shoot out like the Jefferson Forest-Eastern View game and the final score I believe was 35-28. I bring that up because Liberty had a very good offense last year and Jefferson Forest manned up and held them to 28 points - Liberty scored the other 7 on an INT or scoop and score if I'm not mistaken.

I know some people will pan my response about "held them to 28 points" - but with as much gets said on here about Jefferson Forest not playing any defense - I believe they do have it in them to get the job done.

Against PH, Rustburg, and a few other teams the points given up were definitely not in mop up duty. Offense is awesome, but they will eventually run into a more explosive offense or more than likely a team that can play defense against the hybrid Wishbone.

I think the biggest thing is the fact that these teams are 3 hours apart - no from up north has any idea how good Jefferson Forest really is and nobody from down south has any idea how good Millbrook really is. That's one of the few benefits I've found with the new playoff format - you get match-ups with teams from different parts of the state and you get to see how they match up. I live in Ashburn and have not seen any of the teams in the Roanoke-Lynchburg area to play - but I believe Jefferson Forest to be a very good team.

I remember the Liberty(Bealeton)-Jefferson Forest game last year. I thought that was going to be a shoot out like the Jefferson Forest-Eastern View game and the final score I believe was 35-28. I bring that up because Liberty had a very good offense last year and Jefferson Forest manned up and held them to 28 points - Liberty scored the other 7 on an INT or scoop and score if I'm not mistaken.

I know some people will pan my response about "held them to 28 points" - but with as much gets said on here about Jefferson Forest not playing any defense - I believe they do have it in them to get the job done.
I believe you're right. JF is an offensive machine and is going to score their points against just about anyone they play. But I also believe that less than good defense will come back to haunt them further down the road. They do give up points and I do not recall a team without an outstanding defense winning the State Championship. You have to have both.

I believe you're right. JF is an offensive machine and is going to score their points against just about anyone they play. But I also believe that less than good defense will come back to haunt them further down the road. They do give up points and I do not recall a team without an outstanding defense winning the State Championship. You have to have both.

I couldn't agree more!

JF's D looks really solid and fundamentally sound at times, but other games it's like they don't show up. It's frustrating, but if they can get the consistency thing down they'll be fine

JF's D looks really solid and fundamentally sound at times, but other games it's like they don't show up. It's frustrating, but if they can get the consistency thing down they'll be fine
I haven't thought highly of MillBrook this season but they've proved me wrong and seem to have become stronger and more confident every week. I think those lucky enough to see this game will be in for a very entertaining contest. I'm even going to have to revise my pickem' scores because my gut says the Pioneers will come out like crazed dogs. I still think JF wins but that this will be a very rugged contest. GL to both on Friday.

Reactions: Daboyz19
The Big 12 proves it every week if you score enough points you just have to have one stop when it counts! JF has a defense a matter of which one shows up will dictate how far they go this year, made it nearly to the ship last year but the hunger should push them through this year to make it atleast one more week!

Millbrook is a confusing team to me they're definitely a good team but besides the Woodgrove game ( which made me wonder that they might have something) the better teams they have played beat them by double digits. I know they were missing a few players against Sherando but I still think Sherando wins that game anyway. I wouldn't think Millbrook could win this game but you never know until it's over.
Finally something I agree with you on Boyz...but let's change the "few" players missing to only 2 players (this is from a VERY reliable source)...but like you said Millbrook still lose.

The Big 12 proves it every week if you score enough points you just have to have one stop when it counts! JF has a defense a matter of which one shows up will dictate how far they go this year, made it nearly to the ship last year but the hunger should push them through this year to make it atleast one more week!
Unless Jones goes down again like last year. And please don't go through the litany that one man doesn't make a team. you're wasting your time.

EV has a potent pass attack, will score with a quickness. EV42- 35
EV does NOT have a potent pass attack this year, and typically do not score with quickness.....that was last years team. This year is about 80-85% run....they will pass once the defense gets sucked in, but they're pretty much a running team this year.

They held them to 28 because Liberty kept their offense on the field last year

That's a
No, JF got held to 28 because Navy Jones did not play in the 2nd half.[/QUOT
That's a negative I was at that game and JF was held to 28 because Libertys offense was on the field. Navy Jones hurt or not he wouldn't of been on the field if Libertys offense was!

And the Cav's didn't lose last year because Navy Jones Didn't play in the 2nd half........Right.
No. Liberty made great halftime adjustments that slowed everything down, and there were two very awful officiating decisions on huge plays. Jones being hurt definitely didn't help anything, but Cam Miller is every bit as explosive. Often times he doesn't get the credit because he's the one doing a lot of the blocking - because of Jones's size. But one person does not carry a team to 10-0 two seasons straight, sorry.

No. Liberty made great halftime adjustments that slowed everything down, and there were two very awful officiating decisions on huge plays. Jones being hurt definitely didn't help anything, but Cam Miller is every bit as explosive. Often times he doesn't get the credit because he's the one doing a lot of the blocking - because of Jones's size. But one person does not carry a team to 10-0 two seasons straight, sorry.
I agree Cam Miller would be the guy everyone talked about in regards to JF if Navy Jones wasn't there. He has pretty good speed, not quite as fast as Navy, but he's 20 lbs bigger too.

First, I think JF wins. Having said that, here is what they are up against. Better coached teams, and more easily coachable players. The cream has risen to the top by this time of year.

I'm not saying the opposing coaches are better than Coach Christmas. I'm saying better coaches are what gets teams in the playoffs. What this tells you is that the defensive schemes against JF will be meticulously researched and better planned. And the teams that have gotten this far are better able to execute the changes put in for this game.

Good coaches with great plans can only implement what the abilities of his kids allow. Terrific athletes will only be marginally successful with a poor game plan against a good team. By the second or third week in the playoffs, having or not having these assets means going on or going home.

That's where JF is now. Facing games against good smart hardworking coaches with adaptable players. JF may have to find there defense to continue to play on. I don't see anymore 65-20 games left.

Reactions: Tom Potter
And Vic Hall didn't do that 3 straight years for Gretna? Plenty of other examples too. We'll just have to disagree here. I realize it takes a team but this is HS Football. That special player makes a hell of a difference. GL tonight.

Jones makes this team go and a real contender for the state title. With him they are scoring 60+ without him they get into a dog fight but still capable of winning games. Their offense is hard enough to read and stop as it is.

Jones is a playmaker of course a team is better at 100% healthy...nobody would question that notion...however to say a team will lose without one person is making a reaching generalization. If Forest doesn't have the ball and running their methodical offense which can eat clock or rack up homers then you can't score. Defense has to make a stop! However this years defense is a year wiser and another year in the system so they probably are a slight edge better than last year, but thats subjective. If possible send a date you want to come watch forest, next week maybe we'll certainly have leftovers if we make it past Millbrook.

Reactions: jfcav1
And Vic Hall didn't do that 3 straight years for Gretna? Plenty of other examples too. We'll just have to disagree here. I realize it takes a team but this is HS Football. That special player makes a hell of a difference. GL tonight.
You're right, special players do make a huge difference. I just meant that there are plenty other weapons besides him and they would still be good without him, just not quite as good. Thanks! We might need it, Millbrook has some solid talent.

A great player does make a big difference as long as he has some descent talent around him but a great team will win the war.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT