ADVERTISEMENT

Rd.2 Woodgrove (10-1) vs. Sherando (9-1)

Who wins?

• Woodgrove

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Sherando

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
I hope this game can become a regular season matchup in the years to come. I know we just had a new schedule introduced this year so I don't think it happens next year.

At some point Woodgrove will have to move up to 5A as well...

Lets Roll Wolverines!

Hey Hamspear, when do you guys shoot off the fireworks?
Before, during or after the game?
I need to make sure I'm there for the fireworks!

Woodgrove is committed to the run game, Sherando is committed to stopping the run, and both played Millbrook. Should be a good ballgame... Don't think Millbrook should be part of this discussion though because of when they played Woodgrove (week3), Sherando (week 10). And please don't start with suspensions or who was missing. If no one can substantiate it, then don't bring it up. This is 3 teams affected by each other, if nothing more than, by crossing each others paths at some point this season .

Reactions: Tom Potter
Woodgrove is committed to the run game, Sherando is committed to stopping the run, and both played Millbrook. Should be a good ballgame... Don't think Millbrook should be part of this discussion though because of when they played Woodgrove (week3), Sherando (week 10). And please don't start with suspensions or who was missing. If no one can substantiate it, then don't bring it up. This is 3 teams affected by each other, if nothing more than, by crossing each others paths at some point this season .

I agree with your points, though wanted to point out that Millbrook and Woodgrove played in Week 5. I don't think Woodgrove can beat Sherando just by running, and this game seems like it'll be lower scoring than the Millbrook/Woodgrove game earlier in the season.

We'll see who's prepared to face the winner of Millbrook/JF on Friday! I'm sure fans and players on both teams will be rooting for a Pioneer victory since it would mean another home game.

I don't know why that other thread was locked, but I just wanted to tell Hamspear that he should have come to Skyline, it's not that far from Stephens City, and I don't think you would have left at halftime. Also, if Millbrook was not missing those rumored players, this will be a at least a 14 point victory for Sherando.

Thanks schoolboard, always enjoy my trips to Skyline . Congratulations on the Hawks victory. Let get the facts straight about the Sherando vs Millbrook game. I had also heard about the possible punishment of some Millbrook players who got into a little teenage trouble on Halloween. but when last nights game started I verified. I saw no players that didn't start our game also, throughout many conversations with Millbrook people that I am friends with, they told me that there was so many players involved that if they would have punished them by " not starting them" they wouldn't have been able to field a team. I think alternative punishments were used. I have seen no evidence at our game and based on who started last night that any Millbrook players were missing during our game. Every time Sherando wins a game there is a select few on here that want to try and justify why Sherando may have won because this team didn't have this or that available. or , how they could have lost if this would have happened or this didn't. Sherando , has also dealt with chronic injury, and discipline throughout the year. Yet they still win. This game was not close at any time, pretty much over at the half. millbrook is a much better team, but Sherando beat them fair and square at full strength . Fact.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I don't want to be a trouble maker, but I'm with Hamspear here.. There is no evidence to suggest the school punished the kids to a significant degree that affected either the game with Sherando or LCA for that matter. Nothing was reported outside of rumors, before the game, but if there were multiple players in trouble, are you telling me that their actions were so questionable, they were only prevented from playing 1 qtr. or a half against Sherando. So, after all has been discussed, we are to assume there were multiple players affected but were punished differently? 1 qtr. here, a half there, but not one of their big time players sat out? Yeah, that smells good.

I don't know how they were punished, but I do know that the infractions were nothing more than typical high school teenager stuff , nothing serious.and what I am saying is that they as far as I could see were not punished by missing time on the field, they were punished in another way. This whole thing is really not worth talkng about. I say we just move onto more football talk.

I am sorry I wasn't clear. I was joking about the Millbrook rumors. I think Sherando is going to crush Woodgrove, in the same way they crushed Millbrook. I would really like to see a rational argument made to explain why it should be close, because only the irrational rumors would explain it.

I am sorry I wasn't clear. I was joking about the Millbrook rumors. I think Sherando is going to crush Woodgrove, in the same way they crushed Millbrook. I would really like to see a rational argument made to explain why it should be close, because only the irrational rumors would explain it.
I'd prefer a rational argument as to why it will NOT be close. These are two solid teams and it will be a battle. This ain't no JM/Brentsville.

Reactions: OCBoy
This game will be about whose weight lifting program and conditioning is the best. Two teams that like to run on offense and stop the run on defense should give us a very physical game on Friday! Who will tap out first? I still say the winner of this game will get the chance to try and knock off Lake Taylor in finals.

Woodgrove is pretty even with Millbrook. Sherando dominated Millbrook. Woodgrove is also pretty even with Champe, and the players I know who played Millbrook, Sherando and Champe all agree that Sherando is a clear rung above both Millbrook and Champe. And they said this before the Millbrook/Sherando game. And Dylan Rivers did not even play for Sherando when they played them. The only other teams that Woodgrove played that was not God-awful were Liberty and Loudoun Valley. Nice little victory for Woodgrove against LV. But if you want to mock Brentsville, they would have also beaten Rock Ridge 63-0, just like Millbrook and Woodgrove.

This game will be about whose weight lifting program and conditioning is the best. Two teams that like to run on offense and stop the run on defense should give us a very physical game on Friday! Who will tap out first? I still say the winner of this game will get the chance to try and knock off Lake Taylor in finals.

I just hope the winner of the game doesn't come out of it with too many injuries.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Y
Woodgrove is pretty even with Millbrook. Sherando dominated Millbrook. Woodgrove is also pretty even with Champe, and the players I know who played Millbrook, Sherando and Champe all agree that Sherando is a clear rung above both Millbrook and Champe. And they said this before the Millbrook/Sherando game. And Dylan Rivers did not even play for Sherando when they played them. The only other teams that Woodgrove played that was not God-awful were Liberty and Loudoun Valley. Nice little victory for Woodgrove against LV. But if you want to mock Brentsville, they would have also beaten Rock Ridge 63-0, just like Millbrook and Woodgrove.
You have Woodgrove, Champe and MillBrook pretty even. I could see an argument for Champe and Woodgrove. MillBrook would not be on my list. My opinion. Your opinion. One is as good as another.

Millbrook must win next week to get the respect they think they deserve. I think it's a safe assumption that most people who seen them play LCA agrees that LCA wasn't as good as advertised. I almost felt like I did watching Millbrook vs Sherando..."waste of time".

Millbrook has played 5 teams with a wining record and here are the results:
Jefferson (WV) 25 - Millbrook 13
Millbrook 20 - Clarke County (2A) 14
Woodgrove 31 - Millbrook 28
Sherando 32 - Millbrook 10
Millbrook 65 - LCA 18

Anybody see the extreme outlier here? Nobody on here had any idea how good LCA was and we found out they are nowhere near the level they are going to need to be at to compete in the Seminole District/4A playoffs.

I think the Millbrook-Jefferson Forest game is going to be a high scoring affair - but if Jeffy can muster any sort of defense (I have not seen them play - just going off what other posters have mentioned) I think they should win.

I think the Sherando-Woodgrove game is going to be a knock-down drag out fight - penalties and turnovers is going to determine the outcome here.

And in my honest opinion - I think we are going to see a Jefferson Forest-Salem finals in the 4A west. And I do believe Salem is going to get it done once again!

This is pure speculation on my part - just throwing some ideas out there. Good luck to everybody - there are going to be a lot of good games coming down the stretch.

This should be the best West game this week. I expect a close defensive war. IMO Sherando slight edge at home. Another interesting game will be GW/Champe. Champe is the new kid on the block, LoCo teams are pretty impressive so it will be interesting to see if the Knights can defend their home field. Beating Woodgrove 20-17 Game 1 was their most impressive win. Looking forward to seeing how these games play out, should be interesting.

Millbrook has played 5 teams with a wining record and here are the results:
Jefferson (WV) 25 - Millbrook 13
Millbrook 20 - Clarke County (2A) 14
Woodgrove 31 - Millbrook 28
Sherando 32 - Millbrook 10
Millbrook 65 - LCA 18

Anybody see the extreme outlier here? Nobody on here had any idea how good LCA was and we found out they are nowhere near the level they are going to need to be at to compete in the Seminole District/4A playoffs.

I think the Millbrook-Jefferson Forest game is going to be a high scoring affair - but if Jeffy can muster any sort of defense (I have not seen them play - just going off what other posters have mentioned) I think they should win.

I think the Sherando-Woodgrove game is going to be a knock-down drag out fight - penalties and turnovers is going to determine the outcome here.

And in my honest opinion - I think we are going to see a Jefferson Forest-Salem finals in the 4A west. And I do believe Salem is going to get it done once again!

This is pure speculation on my part - just throwing some ideas out there. Good luck to everybody - there are going to be a lot of good games coming down the stretch.

You can put the condescending (2A) after Clarke County, but then I can mention that if they had been in 5A North, their power ratings would have qualified them for the playoffs.

Wasn't your comment, referencing previous threads. All good.

You can put the condescending (2A) after Clarke County, but then I can mention that if they had been in 5A North, their power ratings would have qualified them for the playoffs.

I did not know that putting numbers/letters in parenthesis on this board was considered being condescending. I would also like to apologize to the good people from Jefferson High School who may feel as though me putting WV in parenthesis was being condescending towards West Virginians.

To your next point - maybe Clarke County can petition the VHSL so they can get moved to 5A North. I don't know much about Clarke County (I couldn't even point to it on a map - I know this is in parenthesis but this is not me trying to be condescending this is me displaying my lack of knowledge on the geography of Virginia) but maybe 5A North would be a better fit for them.

I do have a question for you - what schoolboard are you a member of?

I like to get on here and engage in some banter sometimes - and even though I am not trying to offend anyone but just offer some opinions - someone always gets offended over what I post. So I am just going to go on the record now to all of the posters - just remember that I believe your team is the best and I want your team to win!

Y

You have Woodgrove, Champe and MillBrook pretty even. I could see an argument for Champe and Woodgrove. MillBrook would not be on my list. My opinion. Your opinion. One is as good as another.
Millbrook and Woodgrove played to overtime this year, how much more even could that have been that day?

We're the stats a problem? No issues from this poster. I wish there were more stats actually. I can never seem to find game stats, but then again, we all know about how they can be misleading!

I did not know that putting numbers/letters in parenthesis on this board was considered being condescending. I would also like to apologize to the good people from Jefferson High School who may feel as though me putting WV in parenthesis was being condescending towards West Virginians.

To your next point - maybe Clarke County can petition the VHSL so they can get moved to 5A North. I don't know much about Clarke County (I couldn't even point to it on a map - I know this is in parenthesis but this is not me trying to be condescending this is me displaying my lack of knowledge on the geography of Virginia) but maybe 5A North would be a better fit for them.

I do have a question for you - what schoolboard are you a member of?

I like to get on here and engage in some banter sometimes - and even though I am not trying to offend anyone but just offer some opinions - someone always gets offended over what I post. So I am just going to go on the record now to all of the posters - just remember that I believe your team is the best and I want your team to win!
I was an elected member of a school board. But it has been over 15 years since my term ended. Second, you were being critical of Millbrook, and clearly thought it was important to put the (2A) in there after Clarke, which you did not do for any other team as a way of pointing out a softness to their schedule or record.

Then you just go crazy, because Sherando isn't my team, Millbrook(really) isn't my team, Clarke is not my team. But unlike you, I can be objective about the performance of teams I have seen and have not seen. My actual team is still alive in the playoffs, but you don't see me trumpeting them on any board, because I know they are doing it with smoke and mirrors and have been very fortunate.
Also, if someone always gets offended over what you post, the common denominator is you.

There was a game stat posting site that I thought was great called High school Game Center . sherando used it and a lot of other teams also used to post live game stats and box scores. Then I think NFHS bought that site , and it is not what it used to be, you can click on a player and see individual stats for that player but you can't see team totals like a box score. For example somebody was scoring the Millbrook Woodgrove game , however the only the only thing I can tell you is that Millbrook was leading till late in the fourth Quarter and Woodgrove tied it. In overtime they both scored Td's and then Woodgrove hit a field goal and stopped Millbrook on the next possession. Unfortunate , maybe somebody else knows of a better scoring site that these teams are using. or, maybe I am missing something on NFHS.

Millbrook and Woodgrove played to overtime this year, how much more even could that have been that day?
All due respect Hammie, I see that game the same way I saw KG vs Courtland during the regular season. Both these games played out as they did so there's no denying history. It happened. But I don't think it was the correct measure of any of them. Your most poinent phrase in your post is "that day".

At the same time. The Pioneers just annhilated LCA. They cannot be bad. Frankly, they have to be good. I have to give them all kudo's. 3 years ago, when I saw them last, they were the worst 4A team I had ever seen. They've come a long way in a short time.

But once you've had bad fish, it's tough to try again. I just cannot see MillBrook winning this game. Against LCA, it was "deus ex machina" or Jerry Falwell getting what he deserved. God intervened once. Not twice.

Clarke's too small for 5A! They're my team! Clarke is in a little town called Berryville, we are about 10-15 minutes east of Winchester (Handley High School). We're right next to Frederick County. (James Wood, Millbrook, and Sherando High Schools).

Berryville's claim to recent fame would be the time back in 2013 when Wendy's kicked off their Berry almond chicken salad promotion and filmed the commercial in our little hamlet. Wendy's took over main street and even created a Bob's Sporting Goods Storefront out of one of the vacant buildings. Funny thing though, there's no Wendy's in Clarke County. Gotta go to Winchester!!

You don't need to know where Clarke County is to see who they have played, and who they have beat, and by how much, or what their VHSL power rating is.

Mr./Mrs. Schoolboard -

I would first like to say thank you for your service to the school board - I know with the prestige that comes with being an elected official you must be held in the highest esteem in your community. I would also like to say that I agree that your objectiveness is top notch and that if the rest of the posters on this board - myself included - could be as objective as you then this board would be a much better place. You ended your last thread by using the phrase "common denominator so I would like to refer back to my post original post about Millbrook and point the six teams I listed:
Millbrook
Jefferson (WV)
Clarke County (2A)
Woodgrove
Sherando
LCA

Now what is the common denominator between the 4 schools that have nothing after their name? Maybe my intention was not to rip on Millbrook after all - maybe you just took what I posted the wrong way.

What I do have an issue with schoolboard is your consant bashing of Clarke County. I don't know why you feel the need to continually bash their team and their program on here and I don't think it's right. I am originally from Pennsylvania and played for a school in a smaller classification and I would just like to state that just because a school is in a smaller classification does not mean they are not a good football team. A good football team is a good football team regardless of school size or classification - I actually went back to watch my alma mater play a game earlier this year and I can tell you they would give a lot of these bigger schools all they could handle.

ClarkeFan -
I liked your post - I had never seen that commercial before. I checked out Clarke County's team and they seem to have a great program. I am right up the road in Ashburn and after looking at the 2A bracket I might try to make it out there for Clarke's 3rd round game depending on what happens with work and what other games are going on here locally. Don't listen to the naysayers like schoolboard - you've got a good team and enjoy their run this postseason however long it may last!

Hey Clarke, was the crowd in the commercial locals. I assume the speaking parts were professional actors?

Neat stuff. Thanks.

Are you a paid member of Virginia Preps?

Hey Clarke, was the crowd in the commercial locals. I assume the speaking parts were professional actors?

Neat stuff. Thanks.

Are you a paid member of Virginia Preps?

When someone is a paid member, you will see a thing under their name that either says "Gold Member" or "Silver Member"

Got it. Now we just need get him to join up.

You should sign up for a year Clarke. There are many great features, plus you have access to the conversation feature. That's a great addition. I've been able to get to know a bunch of forum members via this feature. The reason I was asking if you were a paid member was because I sent you a message, but had not heard back from you.

Thanks Rod for enlightening me.

I know who schoolboard is, and in no way was he bashing Clarke county . He is not a basher of local teams. Why don't you just drop it, let's talk about woodgrove and sherando

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT