ADVERTISEMENT

Rd. 3 Hanover (9-3) vs. Lake Taylor (12-0) Fri. 7:00

Who wins?

• Hanover

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • LT

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
Is Hanover QB back or not? 2 game suspension for 2 personal fouls/ ejection seems a bit much these days.

Hanover is winning the vote right now. I'm not surprised.
Winning the vote versus the game is two different things.

Hanover has a physical line and a sound running game. The quaterback's Cheatham and Balaza carry the ball at least 28 times a game. With Cheatham back at qb Balaza will get carries up the middle. Both are punishing runners. Hanover mixes in a pass once in a while and Chenault is their go to receiver.

Defensively, Hanover plays a 4-3 with over the top safety help. They will blitz from the weak side and up the middle. They are difficult to run on and they persue well. Passing and matching their d-line strength is the key to moving the ball.

LT has the size, strength, and tackling ability to slow down Hanovers rushing attack. Look for LT to load the box and depend on their db's to make the plays when needed.

This will be a war in the trenches and keeping a cool head will be necessary in this game. Whoever can establish the line of scrimmage and force the other team into third and long situations will win this game.

Good luck to both teams.

Winning the vote versus the game is two different things.

Hanover has a physical line and a sound running game. The quaterback's Cheatham and Balaza carry the ball at least 28 times a game. With Cheatham back at qb Balaza will get carries up the middle. Both are punishing runners. Hanover mixes in a pass once in a while and Chenault is their go to receiver.

Defensively, Hanover plays a 4-3 with over the top safety help. They will blitz from the weak side and up the middle. They are difficult to run on and they persue well. Passing and matching their d-line strength is the key to moving the ball.

LT has the size, strength, and tackling ability to slow down Hanovers rushing attack. Look for LT to load the box and depend on their db's to make the plays when needed.

This will be a war in the trenches and keeping a cool head will be necessary in this game. Whoever can establish the line of scrimmage and force the other team into third and long situations will win this game.

Good luck to both teams.
Yup. 3rd and long is the deal. Forcing Hanover to pass in the general area of LT's DBs is the recipe for disaster. But Hanover remembers they had this game in the bag last year and lost on a total fluke. More than anything else, they want this one.

Of course, LT remembers too and I expect them to go for the throat right out of the chute. They can't afford not to.

This one will not be a Football game. It will be a blood bath of ferocity. Each knows what's at stake. The winner here is the likely State Champion. GL to both.

Yup. 3rd and long is the deal. Forcing Hanover to pass in the general area of LT's DBs is the recipe for disaster. But Hanover remembers they had this game in the bag last year and lost on a total fluke. More than anything else, they want this one.

Of course, LT remembers too and I expect them to go for the throat right out of the chute. They can't afford not to.

This one will not be a Football game. It will be a blood bath of ferocity. Each knows what's at stake. The winner here is the likely State Champion. GL to both.
I agree with your synopsis; however, Hanover lost to BT last year not LT. Think you confused Hanover with Monacan. Good Post though. It will get ugly between the tackles. LT's outside speed will be a factor if their young qb plays his game.

Dinwiddie put Hanover in 3rd and 3 or more, about 10 times. I don't know if we ever stopped the conversion. So LT will have to do better than we did. Our defense was on the field what seemed like forever. Even Superman would have gotten tired.

Just stopping Cheatham and Balaza on the run will not be enough. Both throw an excellent quick pass. Chenault is the first option on the pass, but by no means is he the only receiver that can get the job done. Truthfully, they are a well balanced team. This will be the best team LT has faced this year.

I wish we had won. But now it's time to be fair. Hanover did exactly what they needed to do to beat Dinwiddie. Not once, but twice this year. Neither one was a fluke. They executed a good game plan, Dinwiddie did not. They deserve to be practicing on Thanksgiving Day. No sour grapes from the Dinwiddie faithfull. You won't hear, if this player or that player was healthy, the outcome would have been different. None of that. They simply played better and won the game.

Having said all that, do I like them? NO! But I don't like Phoebus, or Monacan, or LT, nor any other team that has ever beaten us. (I still loath Douglas Freeman for beating my high school for the Regional title in 1968). I may respect them, but don't ask me to like them. The hurt and sadness that those losses brought is not anything that I ever forget. One of my life long favorite sayings is this. "You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Don't misunderstand what this means. It has nothing to do with being a rude, ungracious loser. And everything to do with losing eating you alive from the inside out. And then doing something about it so you never have to feel that way again.

Hanover is winning the vote right now. I'm not surprised.
200w_d.gif

I agree with your synopsis; however, Hanover lost to BT last year not LT. Think you confused Hanover with Monacan. Good Post though. It will get ugly between the tackles. LT's outside speed will be a factor if their young qb plays his game.
Idiot Shauntclair. Just hate that stuff. Don't mind being wrong but the stupidly wrong irks me. Thanks for the correction.

Idiot Shauntclair. Just hate that stuff. Don't mind being wrong but the stupidly wrong irks me. Thanks for the correction.
You are no idiot sir. Even the finest minds have lapses. You seem to be a perfectionist? Thats okay to. Creates success. Dont always agree with your post, but you put a lot of thought into them and demonstrate tons of conviction. Whats your thoughts on the UVA vs. VA Tech game this weekend. I have deemed it the seeyalateralligator.com bowl. Love Beamer, but it is time for both coaches to go.

You are no idiot sir. Even the finest minds have lapses. You seem to be a perfectionist? Thats okay to. Creates success. Dont always agree with your post, but you put a lot of thought into them and demonstrate tons of conviction. Whats your thoughts on the UVA vs. VA Tech game this weekend. I have deemed it the seeyalateralligator.com bowl. Love Beamer, but it is time for both coaches to go.
Beamer has already announced his retirement so th at's a given. I think London stays for the 2016 season. UVA really wants him to be their Coach. But another 2015 and he's gone. For all the complaining that London recruits and acquires too many QB's, it's amazing how he still can't find one.

VT wins to give Beamer his proper send off.

Beamer has already announced his retirement so th at's a given. I think London stays for the 2016 season. UVA really wants him to be their Coach. But another 2015 and he's gone. For all the complaining that London recruits and acquires too many QB's, it's amazing how he still can't find one.

I hope you are right. I saw Beamer play his last game at Victory Stadium in Roanoke on Thanksgiving Day.

Bought UVA season tickets this year, so i could see Notre Dame (my other team, remember Notre Dame replays on Sunday mornings), GA Tech (love the option offense) and va tech. Cheaper than buying individual tickets for those three games. UVA looked good for three quarters against Duke.

As a fan of UVA I hope you're wrong about London. He's a good man but UVA needs someone else in there. Recruiting alone isn't getting it done.

4 straight losing seasons
1 winning season in six years

Most coaches don't get this long to turn it around and yet he has. I was surprised last year when they retained him so nothing will shock me now but its time for a change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT