ADVERTISEMENT

Refs in Salem

AntGZee

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
I'm disappointed in the job that the refs have done thus far. I see drama on the horizon when the boys play tomorrow. I hope the refs are better during these next two games this evening.

I'm disappointed in the job that the refs have done thus far. I see drama on the horizon when the boys play tomorrow. I hope the refs are better during these next two games this evening.

Which games or were they are equally bad?

All 3 have been equally bad. Inconsistent at best. One game left, maybe the refs can save face in this nite cap game.

I expect the boys games will be much closer. Hopefully you can keep us posted on all the action!

They play hard and smart was all that I needed to hear. Your first sentence was totally unnecessary. Congrats on your W.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
They play hard and smart was all that I needed to hear. Your first sentence was totally unnecessary. Congrats on your W.
I wanted to know the same about Handley.. Valley isn't as good as they were last year. #11 Miller is the TRUTH and #2 Ball. Handley has #10 Brown and #12 looked good. GW has to pay a full 32 tonight. Talked to a couple before the game, THEY ARE LOCKED IN. Hope they can bring one home for the Piedmont!

These refs are about as horrible as they come. 16 minutes left for my Danville boys! I'm very proud of our effort and tenacity on defense. If #32 for Smithfield was 100% it may be a different game.

As long as the keep playing hard, then I like GW's chances. What's wrong with #32 for Smithfield?

Monacan boys played so uninspired. Mos def didn't look like the team that won it all last year.

Absolutely right and it has been that way all year. We got out rebounded by 25 boards. Chemistry was never right. Started the season with 3 returning starters. Our starting PG "left the team" mid season. We actually got worse during the season as other teams improved. Every now and again we showed glimmers of what we could have been like when we beat Western branch on the road. Beat Hanover by 20pts in the beginning of the season to then losing to them twice at the end. We blew so many leads this year it was amazing and if we did fall behind we wilted like a dying flower.

No cohesiveness on offense, lose every loose ball, play one on one and jack 3's we never make. Last year we made those 3's.

I understand these are kids but I feel like the effort and intensity wasn't always there. If they just didn't "have it" I wouldn't be so critical but they had talent. On the bright side there is plenty of Bball talent at Monacan so the we should be competitive for a while.

I wish it would have ended differently for Parham bc he is a class act and can play ball. But at least he got one championship which is more than most can say.

I think GW can beat Loudon Valley as long as they keep Miller from roaming in the inside and letting him do what he wants.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Parham is a baller indeed. Looking at Monacan last year and knowing they had a nice core returning, I fully expected to see them back at Richmond again. Why did the PG leave mid season?

Parham is a baller indeed. Looking at Monacan last year and knowing they had a nice core returning, I fully expected to see them back at Richmond again. Why did the PG leave mid season?

They kept it tight lipped as to why but I am assuming grades or some sort of disciplinary action. I doubt a player decides to just abandon basketball his final season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT