ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4 C

A,B and D take top 8. C only top 6 what's up with that?
Each region's AD's determine who they want to determine their champion. If I had to guess I would say that they figured that a 1 vs 8 and 2 vs 7 match up was a waste of time/money. Injuries may have played a factor as well. Why risk a top player from a top team getting hurt in a game where the outcome is a foregone conclusion? That's pure speculation on my part.
There is an exception that if a 7th or 8th place team is a district champ they get into the play-offs.

Each region's AD's determine who they want to determine their champion. If I had to guess I would say that they figured that a 1 vs 8 and 2 vs 7 match up was a waste of time/money. Injuries may have played a factor as well. Why risk a top player from a top team getting hurt in a game where the outcome is a foregone conclusion? That's pure speculation on my part.
There is an exception that if a 7th or 8th place team is a district champ they get into the play-offs.
Honestly, I think it was exclusively to appease a couple of schools that wanted to be sure that their team got in because of some weird senerio that otherwise left out a district champion.

It's awful hard for me to believe that 4C is THE only Region that thinks that they will lose money on a 1 vs 8 matchup, or that their players are so fragile that they don't want to risk injury in what might be a lopsided game.

No, I think it was purely politics and somebody with a strong personality insisted that it be this way.

Reactions: falcettik
Honestly, I think it was exclusively to appease a couple of schools that wanted to be sure that their team got in because of some weird senerio that otherwise left out a district champion.

It's awful hard for me to believe that 4C is THE only Region that thinks that they will lose money on a 1 vs 8 matchup, or that their players are so fragile that they don't want to risk injury in what might be a lopsided game.

No, I think it was purely politics and somebody with a strong personality insisted that it be this way.

You're probably right. I just didn't want to say it. I guess there could be a way for a district champ to be left out with only top 6. 4c has the exception but I can see how that would be messy. Easier to just have top 8. I guess.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
OK Thanks! If I was in charge all Class's 1-6 ABCD would have 8 teams.

I put in awhile back to let them all in. 16 team bracket for the region. First six games take care of regional rivalries. Week 7 is rd of 16, Week 8 is rd of 8, 9 is rd of 4, Week 10, championship.
Use consolation brackets to fill out schedules of teams that lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT