ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4B Playoffs Thread

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg

Thoughts on the upcoming playoffs? Personally I think the bracket favors Louisa. Caroline, Monacan, Courtland, and Huguenot will all battle each other on one side while Louisa's biggest challenge before the finals will likely be Dinwiddie.

Last edited:

Thoughts on the upcoming playoffs? Personally I think the bracket favors Louisa, Caroline and Monacan, Courtland and Huguenot will all battle each other on one side while Louisa's biggest challenge before the finals will likely be Dinwiddie.
What's the story with Huguenot? They have a losing record, but they beat Monacan by 20 on their home court and they beat Louisa on their home court.

What's the story with Huguenot? They have a losing record, but they beat Monacan by 20 on their home court and they beat Louisa on their home court.
most of their games were against C6 and C5 schools

REGION 4B (All Games At Higher Seed):
GIRLS
Play-In Game
(Friday 2/15):
#13 Dinwiddie at #12 Courtland, 6pm

First Round (Monday 2/18):
Game 1: #9 Huguenot 58, #8 Powhatan 54
Game 2: #5 Chancellor 81, #13 Dinwiddie 56
Game 3: #7 Hanover 67, #10 Caroline 37
Game 4: #6 Midlothian 63, #11 Louisa 38

Quarterfinals (Wednesday 2/20):
Game 5: #9 Huguenot 42, #1 Patrick Henry 39
Game 6: #5 Chancellor at #4 Eastern View, now FRIDAY, 6pm
Game 7: #2 King George 62, #7 Hanover 37
Game 8: #3 Monacan 63, #6 Midlothian 41

Semifinals (Friday 2/22):
#9 Huguenot at Chancellor/Eastern View winner, date/time TBA
#3 Monacan at #2 King George, 7pm

Championship (Monday 2/25):
Semifinal Winners At Higher Seed

REGION 4B (All Games At Higher Seed):
BOYS

Play-In Game (Friday 2/15):
#13 Patrick Henry at #12 Powhatan, 7pm

First Round (Monday 2/18):
Game 1: #8 Huguenot 76, #9 Eastern View 56
Game 2: #5 Courtland 69, #12 Powhatan 55
Game 3: #10 Chancellor 55, #7 Midlothian 50
Game 4: #6 Hanover 78, #11 King George 52

Quarterfinals (Wednesday 2/20):
Game 5: #8 Huguenot at #1 Monacan, 7:45pm
Game 6: #5 Courtland at #4 Caroline, 6:30pm
Game 7: #10 Chancellor at #2 Louisa, 7:30pm
Game 8: #6 Hanover at #3 Dinwiddie, 6pm

Semifinals (Friday 2/22):
Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Winner, time TBA
Game 7 Winner vs. Game 8 Winner, time TBA

Championship (Monday 2/25):
Semifinal Winners, time TBA

Last edited:
The losing record is mostly due to strength of schedule from playing tough competition in the Richmond area. I was at the Huguenot/Louisa game, which was held at Varina HS, and I can tell you that they’re a legit threat to make it out of the region for a second straight year. Not the same team as last year when they won region (not as much size this season), but they have good guard play, which can carry a team a long way.

Reactions: OCBoy

Thoughts on the upcoming playoffs? Personally I think the bracket favors Louisa, Caroline and Monacan, Courtland and Huguenot will all battle each other on one side while Louisa's biggest challenge before the finals will likely be Dinwiddie.
I think there’s a lot of unpredictability to be honest. The top four seeds are all going to have to earn their way out of the quarterfinals. Examples there are that Monacan could potentially be facing Huguenot, who beat them just a couple weeks ago, and Caroline is potentially facing Courtland, who beat them twice during the regular season.

Point being, there are a lot of teams with similar talent levels. It’s going to come down to who has the best guard play and maybe that one hand that gets hot at the right time.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Monacan has a lot of talent and is very streaky. If they are hitting shots that can beat anybody in the state. Example Beat LC Bird by 20 but also lost to LC Bird by 30. Split with Midlothian and Huguenot. Wouldn’t be stunned if they won the region and wouldn’t be stunned if they lost to in round 2.

Courtland 67, Caroline 63. Caroline had a 16-point second-half lead, then melted down in a scene reminiscent of last year’s quarterfinal upset at the hands of Eastern View.

Wow. Unrealized potential 2-years in a row
Yes. Seemed unfathomable that it would happen two years in a row, especially when they were up 16. But it followed a very similar pattern to last year’s game with EV in that Courtland stayed in the game and then made some big shots. Caroline’s shot selection, defense, situational awareness and free throw shooting all killed them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT