ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4B thoughts after week 4 (updated after week 5)

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
After having the privilege of seeing all of the current "Big 4" teams on video, plus Courtland, Chancellor and King George, and reading Matt's updates on the Salem/Dinwiddie game, here are some early season thoughts.

Louisa has reloaded the most with a few seniors in key positions, a bunch of juniors and some sophomores, Eastern View and Dinwiddie have regressed just a bit, while Monacan is searching the most to replace key pieces from last year.

Courtland is now 2-1, has gotten healthier in the backfield, and pounded a pretty good 3-1 Stafford team 34-0, before last week's bye to prepare for EV at home. They have a good chance to keep the EV game close, and win, but they must not wear down and give up big pass plays.

EV lost a huge piece in D'Ago Hunter and their offense has been a little more run heavy, but line play doesn't seem quite as good as last year's. They have still busted some big plays, though. QB Lowry and RB Holmes are the real deal. Orange moved the ball up the field most of the game on EV's defense, but killed themselves with bad snaps and fumbles. In fact, a much improved Spotsylvania defense did a better job against Orange's offense than the EV defense did, and had 5 sacks. Orange's offense is not that strong besides the RB, so I worry about EV going against much more physical offenses like Courtland's. EV does have good secondary play, which will help a lot.

The Monacan/Manchester game is on YouTube, and I came away from the game thinking Chiefs QB Stone Snyder has a bunch of potential, but not much help from others, including the offensive line. Monacan always improves, so we'll see how they look in a few weeks, but they need to have a few more guys step up on both sides of the ball against the better teams.

Dinwiddie's Pope did a little heavy lifting against Salem, and the secondary snagged 4 picks. As long as the Generals' running game and run defense improves, which I'm sure they will, they should be back in the mix down the road.

Here is my top 10, which can change next week, depending on how the Courtland/EV game goes. It'll be fun to see how 4B plays out this year, and how the playoff seedings look. I haven't seen any of the bottom 5 besides King George, whom I think are just victims of a very tough opening schedule.

1. Louisa
2. Eastern View
3. Dinwiddie
4. Courtland
5. Monacan
6. Huguenot
7. Powhatan
8. Hanover
9. King George
10. Midlothian

Last edited:
Had Huguenot hadn’t lost to Cosby (ouch) I’d make an argument that they were a top 5 team in Region B but this is a very good synopsis Hoos. Louisa IMO is looking like the team to beat this year not only in 4B but in all of 4a. I don’t hold much credence in the Monacan loss the other day. Like I told Mbonape, NOBODY in 4a is within 5 TDs of Manchester. The top 4 with Monacan, Dinwiddie, EV and Louisa will be very fun to watch that 3rd week in November.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
With everyone finaly healthy for the first time since preseason, I fully expect Cougars to roll from here out. EV is going to be a great game, we will control thier run game, but got to have sound play from iur DB's. We cannot give away to many big pass plays. Defense is also finally fully heathy, everyone is back and or back in original starting positions. Offense has both lineman and other two backs on the field agian, the Louisa debacle is a distant memory! For Louisa, gotta say I do not believe regardless of what classification/division, there is no team that has thier size! I was very impressed with how they looked, love another crack at them fully heathly and not missing 6 starters. What an ugly game, whipped us every way possible. Coach threw in towel before game even started vannila, no fat fee and sugar free vanilla offense we put on the field. However, the Lions are good!

With everyone finaly healthy for the first time since preseason, I fully expect Cougars to roll from here out. EV is going to be a great game, we will control thier run game, but got to have sound play from iur DB's. We cannot give away to many big pass plays. Defense is also finally fully heathy, everyone is back and or back in original starting positions. Offense has both lineman and other two backs on the field agian, the Louisa debacle is a distant memory! For Louisa, gotta say I do not believe regardless of what classification/division, there is no team that has thier size! I was very impressed with how they looked, love another crack at them fully heathly and not missing 6 starters. What an ugly game, whipped us every way possible. Coach threw in towel before game even started vannila, no fat fee and sugar free vanilla offense we put on the field. However, the Lions are good!
I’m curious to know how they are going to control EVs run game. EVs gonna score no matter what I can tell you that now. If EV doesn’t score then they are not a very good team period. Can Courtland match the athletes and stop the EV passing game though?

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Is this gonna be a prove it game for EV or will that come during the playoffs?

We got thumped by Manchester but I wouldn't read too much into that. We were bittin by the injury bug as of late. We were missing our best offensive player (RB), Corner, MLB and Lineman. I saw that Manchester had a few players in slings as well. But that is a team that has 38 seniors and is virtually an All-Star team, so they are much deeper than we are. We are a legitimate contender as long as we are healthy. The drop off from our first team and 2nd is HUGE. We had people on the field that just probably shouldn't be out there. Without our running back our offense isn't the same bc we can really on run a jet sweep with one of the WR's. Our offense is much different when our RB is there, who is our most dynamic playmaker as a receiver as well. To add insult to injury, the kid that made SportsCenter top plays with the circus catch... is a Monacan transfer (now plays for Manchester) and would probably be starting as our RB and corner. We are off next week and then have GW so we will get our RB, Lineman, corner & OLB back. We are hoping to get Tanner Addams back at some point (MLB Army commit) but his return date is tentative at best considering he dislocated his elbow in the last scrimmage on a freak play. We moved the ball against Manchester decently even with ZERO chance to run the ball outside of our QB ad-libbing. We were in the redzone (5, 6, & 7yrd line) 3 separate times and came away with nothing! Also, We kept getting called for spot foul holds that were like 25 yard penalties at a time that killed our drives. A few times on consecutive plays. We also went for it twice on 4th and long from our own 30 something yard line. Why we would think that was a good idea is beyond me to keep giving Manchester a short field.

We sort of conceded after the 2nd drive of the second half. We stopped putting in our starting rotation. Even when Manchester finally put in their second unit, Their second unit is waaaay better than ours with 38 seniors etc and continued to run up the score.

We had no answer for Hakeem Beamon and big Will Pritchard. Not a good time to be missing our only lineman with ANY size. Fundamentally Manchester was just too big for us in the trenches. They created a new line of scrimmage 2 yards in our back field / and 2 yards down the field on offense with their push. Their line is huge outside of the 2 power 5 players. D-line is even bigger. For what it is worth our players fought hard but were just overmatched.

As for Manchester, with the amount of seniors, existing talent, and talent that transfered in... ANYTHING less than a class 6 state title would be a disappointment. This in not me taking a shot at them. I do believe that you cannot win the class 5 or class 6 title without those things.

To echo what DSH said... not saying they are unbeatable, but to stop them for 48 minutes would be hard for a class 4 team. Especially one just playing with the neighborhood boys anyways.

As far as the ranking I haven’t seen anyone else on film except Dinwiddie, Salem & Hanover. I do think we can compete with those teams. Just hope we can stay healthy bc it is slim Pickens after the first team except for WR’s. My biggest concern for us is actually our kicking game. We usually miss our extra points and can’t do anything except a pooch kick on the kick off. I don’t see a remedy for that.

Last edited:
After this week's games, I have to move Monacan back into the top 4. After seeing Courtland again last night, I believe it's one of the most undisciplined Courtland teams I've seen. After a promising opening drive, they went back to looking as if they were playing their first game. For every good play they made, they made an awful play in return. I understand the penalties, fine, but to give up that kickoff return after the pick six by Shyheem Lewis was inexcusable. They looked like they didn't even want to defend it, just jogged. No heart with that team, they better get it together. I won't even get into the play calling, besides saying Louisa and EV both schooled them on how to run an offense. You'd think Courtland would take a few notes by now.

Louisa's run blocking today against Albemarle was horrible. Call it rustiness after the bye, give credit to Albemarle's huge defensive line (Albemarle has a huge team in general, both lines and skill kids, just young), or whatever, but the Lions will need to tighten that up if they want to realize their full potential and make another run. However, the passing game and the defense were clicking. Noah Robinson made a heck of a leaping catch over double coverage, and a few other "wow" plays. The defense snagged three picks, two of which were for six. Junior Alex Washington had 3 TDs: a 97 yard run, a pick six, and a catch.

After seeing EV last night, IMO it confirms that they have taken a step back, but are still formidable. The two-headed monster of QB Lowry and RB Holmes is fun to watch. Holmes isn't much different from Sturdivant of Dinwiddie. He's not the biggest kid, but he's a bowling ball. I'm just not sure if they have enough help once they face a team that can slow down the running game in the playoffs. The Cyclone defense is disciplined and flies to the ball, but could simply get out manned later on, especially in the secondary. At this point in the season, I think Louisa and Dinwiddie are at least 14 points better than them. Not sure about Monacan, I hope we get to see them fully healthy.

Chancellor has some young talent, and now has a couple of decent wins, so I have to throw them in the top 10.

1. Louisa
2. Dinwiddie
3. Eastern View
4. Monacan
5. Courtland
6. Huguenot
7. Chancellor
8. King George
9. Hanover
10. Powhatan

The main reason I have Louisa #1 over Dinwiddie (which beat Salem), is the Lions have had a different player have a big game each week. Kalup Shelton and Mark Carter were big against Courtland. Jarett Hunter got healthy and was big against Chancellor. Noah Robinson was perfect on both sides of the ball against KG, and now Alex Washington against Albemarle. Great chemistry with this team, they do a pretty good job of spreading the ball to many players and keeping them happy. I just hope Adrian Williams gets some more carries in certain situations, and the blocking gets more consistent.

Last edited:
My guess at final records.

1. Dinwiddie 10-0
2. Louisa 10-0
3. Eastern View 10-0
4. Monacan 8-2
5. Powhatan 7-2
6. Courtland 7-3
7, Midlothian 6-4
8. Chancellor 5-5
9. Patrick Henry 4-6
10. Huguenot 4-6
11. Hanover 3-7
12. King George 1-9
13. Caroline 1-9

Courtland will be 8-2, but I really like your latest thoughts on my Cougars, you are spot on 100%.correct! Good win over Chancellor, but very undisciplined, worst penalized team JC has had. Also JC is getting schooled on the offensive side, he has to stop being hard headed, swollow some pride and mix things up when facing better teams. The same goes on defense, when you are getting pummeled by tge same player (QB) running the same play 59 times, you woukd think a change in defensive philosophy or spying the QB might just slowem or stop that play, Not, stayed true to form and makes comment in paper saying we had nothing for them!! Great coaching. Anybody think differently? Really like coach Hall, but getting harder to see the same story each year when talented players are there. Ugh!!

Courtland will be 8-2, but I really like your latest thoughts on my Cougars, you are spot on 100%.correct! Good win over Chancellor, but very undisciplined, worst penalized team JC has had. Also JC is getting schooled on the offensive side, he has to stop being hard headed, swollow some pride and mix things up when facing better teams. The same goes on defense, when you are getting pummeled by tge same player (QB) running the same play 59 times, you woukd think a change in defensive philosophy or spying the QB might just slowem or stop that play, Not, stayed true to form and makes comment in paper saying we had nothing for them!! Great coaching. Anybody think differently? Really like coach Hall, but getting harder to see the same story each year when talented players are there. Ugh!!
I agree with @86CulpGrad about Hall not being a great coach. He hasn’t changed with the times and doesn’t adjust during games

Reactions: 7time and hamspear

So then I assume the way you are talking that you could do better and would make the right calls and adjustments.

What it looks like to me is you thought the team was better than what it was. Called Louisa win, they get beat pretty bad. Say you have all these starters back and will beat EV Doesnt happen so you bash your coach.

Current power points

1. Dinwiddie (5-0) 27.6

2. Eastern View (6-0) 26.7

3. Louisa County (5-0) 26.4

4. Monacan (4-1) 25.8

5. Courtland (3-2) 22.6

6. Midlothian (2-3) 21.4

7. Powhatan (3-1) 21.3

8. Huguenot (2-3) 20.6

My dream first round if the seedings end up like I hope:

1. Dinwiddie vs. 8. Huguenot - same as last year but Huguenot is improved
2. Eastern View vs. 7. Powhatan - Powhatan is still looking for revenge for 2010, LOL
3. Louisa vs. 6. Midlothian - new faces
4. Monacan vs. 5. Courtland - same

Powhatan should finish 7-2 or 6-3, so it will be interesting where they finish, since their game against Hopewell was fully cancelled.

Last edited:
Current power points

1. Dinwiddie (5-0) 27.6

4. Monacan (4-1) 25.8

5. Courtland (3-2) 22.6

6. Midlothian (2-3) 21.4

7. Powhatan (3-1) 21.3

8. Huguenot (2-3) 20.6

2. Eastern View vs. 7. Powhatan - Powhatan is still looking for revenge for 2010, LOL

Powhatan should finish 7-2 or 6-3, so it will be interesting where they finish, since their game against Hopewell was fully cancelled.
I'm gonna guess Powhatan get's dropped pretty hard by Louisa. Powhatan hasn't played anyone yet that's very good and they haven't dominated any of them.

Current power points

1. Dinwiddie (5-0) 27.6

4. Monacan (4-1) 25.8

5. Courtland (3-2) 22.6

6. Midlothian (2-3) 21.4

7. Powhatan (3-1) 21.3

8. Huguenot (2-3) 20.6

Assuming it stays this way, and the top 4 win 1st round, do I see you @anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b hinting at that Louisa Eastern view matchup?

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Busted! But I'd rather see that matchup happen in the regional championship instead of the 2nd round, with EV as the #1 seed, but they won't outpoint a 10-0 Dinwiddie. I'd also love to see Dinwiddie/Monacan come to The Jungle, but it doesn't feel likely at the moment. I just don't want any regular season rematches in the first round again.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I'm gonna guess Powhatan get's dropped pretty hard by Louisa. Powhatan hasn't played anyone yet that's very good and they haven't dominated any of them.
C'mon man! Just like playing WA, Louisa vs. Powhatan is going to be tough, especially at Powhatan this time. Coaching and officiating will keep this one close. Powhatan's offense isn't the greatest, but their new 3-4 defense is pretty aggressive this year and makes up for it. The young Lions better be disciplined. Keep in mind Louisa won 28-20 at Powhatan two years ago, and needed a stop right at the end.

Last edited:
Current power points

1. Dinwiddie (5-0) 27.6

4. Monacan (4-1) 25.8

5. Courtland (3-2) 22.6

6. Midlothian (2-3) 21.4

7. Powhatan (3-1) 21.3

8. Huguenot (2-3) 20.6

You love giving digs to EV I see

@OCBoy it was actually a dig at Powhatan, since that is the only time they played and we know the story behind it. EV would crush Powhatan.

tenor.gif

Reactions: OCBoy
Hello all. I am an old preps fan and new poster. My son plays at Manchester and I am a huge Dominion District fan. I am biased, but respect all teams. @mbonape1 made some great comments above and if some of you think Monacan is not a threat you better wake up. They create some huge match up problems for region b. If they get healthy the region crown will be the Chiefs. Monacan split with Louisa in 2016 and 2017. Heard, read, and watched video of Brandon Smith from Louisa. The kid is awesome, but as a whole Manchesters defense is way better than Louisa and Monacan moved the ball on us. Louisa has not faced a defense as good as Monacan. They beat Louisa by a score or two. Dinwiddie has a high octane offense that will give Monacan trouble, but defensively they cannot contain Snyders passing or running. Monacan wins in a high scoring affair. Eastern Views diversity and size could give Monacan some trouble. Monacan should be able to exploit their inexperienced defensive backs. Just dont think they get by Dinwiddie or Louisa in the second round.

Four solid teams in Region B though. Go Dominion and RVA.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbonape1 and OCBoy
Hello all. I am an old preps fan and new poster. My son plays at Manchester and I am a huge Dominion District fan. I am biased, but respect all teams. @mbonape1 made some great comments above and if some of you think Monacan is not a threat you better wake up. They create some huge match up problems for region b. If they get healthy the region crown will be the Chiefs. Monacan split with Louisa in 2016 and 2017. Heard, read, and watched video of Brandon Smith from Louisa. The kid is awesome, but as a whole Manchesters defense is way better than Louisa and Monacan moved the ball on us. Louisa has not faced a defense as good as Monacan. They beat Louisa by a score or two. Dinwiddie has a high octane offense that will give Monacan trouble, but defensively they cannot contain Snyders passing or running. Monacan wins in a high scoring affair. Eastern Views diversity and size could give Monacan some trouble. Monacan should be able to exploit their inexperienced defensive backs. Just dont think they get by Dinwiddie or Louisa in the second round.

You can bet We Monacan fans will be pulling for the Lancers to win class 6! You got a great team and it’s the best you’ve ever fielded! Looking forward to seeing you play Bird. I hope they are healthy so you at least get to play against a few other elite athletes. Ultimately I don’t think it will matter in the end as I expect Manchester to win big. When Pritchard, Beamon, and your biggin in the middle.. It allows you to have a 3-man D-line that is amazing in both run stoppage and pass rush. You have the size and the athletes on the next levels of the defense as well. The offense needs no mention.

As for Monacan, I don’t know whether we would beat the other 3 teams in region B or not but we will be there.

Keep in mind that Monacan beat Manchester last year (I was at the game), and Louisa scored 28 unanswered points on Monacan in a much more meaningful game, and held Monacan to 7 points in the second half. For Manchester to have umpteen D1 players last year, I thought their defense could've been much better against both the run and pass. Is the Lancer defense better this year? Sure, as they should be, but do you really think a fully healthy Monacan would be better than last year's Monacan? Because I thought last year's Monacan was pretty stacked. I'm not sure how you would have seen Louisa's defense as a whole, but I can tell you with certainty that Louisa's defense is better than last year's, which was good enough to win 4B on the road at Dinwiddie. They don't have to be as good as 6A Manchester's with all their D1 players and transfers, but it doesn't mean Monacan would move the ball at will on us either, just because they had a little success against Manchester's defense with a banged up team. I saw this year's Monacan/Manchester game on YouTube so I'm not making blind statements here, but how would Monacan pose huge matchup problems for 4B this year? And EV isn't as diverse offensively as last year, they're more run heavy now.

Last edited:
You are of the belief that Louisa is head and shoulders above the rest of region B. For sure at least you feel you are head and shoulders better than Monacan. I think, you think Louisa could hang in there with Manchester too. I don’t agree but I’m not even mad at ya. You are suppose to believe in your squad. I think Louisa has a good squad and I would actually have them as ranked anywhere from 1-3 in region B. I would probably have them as number 1. I just don’t think it as obvious as you seem to think. I guess you don’t think we will be able to throw the Football against the Lions. We will see. Monacan is not as good as last year but in my opinion neither is Louisa, Dinwiddie, or EV.

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
After the last couple of games I don't think Louisa's offense is better than last year's, but defensively? You better believe it. If the Lions want to win region B, they will have to grind out wins this time and limit mistakes/turnovers. I definitely DO NOT think we're head and shoulders above the rest of the region! I worry about the offense putting the defense in bad spots and keeping them on the field too long against the better teams. Manchester would beat us this year, but it would be fairly competitive for a while. Just having Brandon Smith keeps us in any game.

Reactions: mbonape1
After the last couple of games I don't think Louisa's offense is better than last year's, but defensively? You better believe it. If the Lions want to win region B, they will have to grind out wins this time and limit mistakes/turnovers. I definitely DO NOT think we're head and shoulders above the rest of the region! I worry about the offense putting the defense in bad spots and keeping them on the field too long against the better teams. Manchester would beat us this year, but it would be fairly competitive for a while. Just having Brandon Smith keeps us in any game.

Well if you beat us I will shake your hand, congratulate you, and root for you to go all the way - the same as I did last year. If it isn't Louisa then I will pull for the winner of region B to go all the way regardless! Playoffs will be good, my chiefs need to focus on our remaining games for now.

@anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b, Louisa is a very sound team and I know quite a bit about Louisa player. Tell Rico I said to keep it real! His son is nasty good. Im not a fence wanna be and video guru like some. Live is my thing and I have 3 state rings (coaching) to prove it. Take this to the bank. Manchester would destroy Louisa. With or without B. Smith. No way you stop Clarke on offense and Beamon on D. Hunter and your qb would get squashed. Believe what you want Monacan wins 4b.

Reactions: OCBoy
Oh I get it, you're Beamon's dad. LOL! You definitely weren't playing about being biased then. Just don't disappear when your son graduates. Rico always keeps it real.

Wrong! Nice guess though. Was not dissing Rico. Met him on the camp circuit. Good family. I aint going nowhere player. Tell the Lions AD to request a game with Manchester or Bird in the next cycle. That single wing/spread hybrid will be pounded into submission. Lol.... its all in fun baby, but your Lions aint all that. I will give last years team their due. They took out three good teams. Just need to keep it real and be careful when you try and compare Louisa to Bird and HSHS (and yes you have) Both play way tougher schedules and have won 3 straight ships brother.

@LancerDad you put last year's Salem, Louisa, Monacan, Dinwiddie, and Blacksburg on HSHS's schedule last year, HSHS goes 5-5 and still wins the 5A state title, and that's keeping it really real.

I put Varina, Manchester, Henrico, and HSHS and you go 6-4. Tough run that gauntlet, but I dont think HSHS would lose them all. Maybe 1 or 2.

@LancerDad since DSH can't speak for himself on here right now, I'll say he's already told me Louisa would beat Varina this year, who I haven't seen yet. From what I saw of Henrico, we'd win that one.

Yeah I know you saw Henrico against HSHS on youtube right? I saw it too and on full hudl from both teams. Henrico did not protect their qb at all. Got to give HSHS credit for that. I thought you/we were talking/comparing last year "you put last year's Salem, Louisa, Monacan, Dinwiddie, and Blacksburg on HSHS's schedule last year, HSHS goes 5-5 and still wins the 5A state title, and that's keeping it really real". My bad. Are you referring to the guy who calls himself Danville Sports Head? Love his enthusiasm, but surely don't put a lot of faith in his judgment. Homeboy, thinks GW Danville is the second coming of Jesus and his disciples. They have three or four very talented players, but wait for it.... they aint no Louisa! Are you surprised? I keep telling you player Louisa, Dinwiddie and Monacan are very good teams and in a given year can compete with the Bird's and HSHS of the world, but not consistently. Lets get real for once. Win me one ship Mr. Louisa and I will at least buy your propaganda. Until then keep beating up on the weak sister of the poor and don't judge other districts period! Sorry brother, but "better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion".

When you said "I put Varina, Manchester, Henrico, and HSHS and you go 6-4" I wasn't sure if you meant this year or last year, but I still think last year's Louisa goes 10-0 with some really great games to watch. Malik Bell and Job Whalen would've run over everyone, and Louisa would've taken advantage of all those teams personal fouls and other penalties. I definitely think we'd lose to HS and Manchester this year. Call it propaganda all you want but I can speak on what I want, no matter if we have a title or not. It's not like Manchester is a juggernaut dynasty with multiple titles, and you can't even say who you played for.

I'll ask again, how does Monacan pose huge matchup problems for 4B this year?

Last edited:
When you said "I put Varina, Manchester, Henrico, and HSHS and you go 6-4" I wasn't sure if you meant this year or last year, but I still think last year's Louisa goes 10-0 with some really great games to watch. Malik Bell and Job Whalen would've run over everyone, and Louisa would've taken advantage of all those teams personal fouls and other penalties. I definitely think we'd lose to HS and Manchester this year. Call it propaganda all you want but I can speak on what I want, no matter if we have a title or not. It's not like Manchester is a juggernaut dynasty with multiple titles, and you can't even say who you played for.

I'll ask again, how does Monacan pose huge matchup problems for 4B this year?
Why are you concerned who I played for? Do your homework. I played in the state final in 1991. I coached at my alma mater for 10 years. Need any other info inspector?

Im legit how about you? @DEVILSLB99 knows me well. His LT teams played us tough and beat us once. Louisa never has been and never will be on that level, so quit pretending. I am growing tired of debating with you about what could have been. You can win a lot of games with lip service. I am trying to get ring #4. When the Lions gonna get #1?

Oops! Forgot to answer your Monacan question. Snyder is very similar to Malik Bell, but is a much better passer with talented receivers. Dinwiddie, Louisa and EV all have young secondaries who can be exploited by Snyder. I look for Henderson to ground and pound people. By doing so he will open up one on one matchups in the flats. None of the three other teams can defend this. Take your shot. Argue if you want i am not a fence dweller. I do this for a living.

Last edited:
LOL, please stick around you're hilarious. It's that hard to say who you played for huh, it's a big mystery? I pretty much know now, though. Louisa was literally on that level last year, I think they proved it in the region. LT was on that same level in 2015 and lost to Salem, a little ol' 4A team outside of RVA and the 757 CONSISTENTLY ABOVE THAT LEVEL WITH 9 TITLES! We'd have one by now if we were 5A. Louisa has done a good job over the years of proving so-called coaches in the area wrong, so it wouldn't hurt to do it again. Hell I'm just a little ol' bleacher fan (I don't dwell by the fence thank you) and have proven coaches wrong. Yeah, discussion over.

Last edited:
Why are you concerned who I played for? Do your homework. I played in the state final in 1991. I coached at my alma mater for 10 years. Need any other info inspector?

Im legit how about you? @DEVILSLB99 knows me well. His LT teams played us tough and beat us once. Louisa never has been and never will be on that level, so quit pretending. I am growing tired of debating with you about what could have been. You can win a lot of games with lip service. I am trying to get ring #4. When the Lions gonna get #1?

Oops! Forgot to answer your Monacan question. Snyder is very similar to Malik Bell, but is a much better passer with talented receivers. Dinwiddie, Louisa and EV all have young secondaries who can be exploited by Snyder. I look for Henderson to ground and pound people. By doing so he will open up one on one matchups in the flats. None of the three other teams can defend this. Take your shot. Argue if you want i am not a fence dweller. I do this for a living.
I don't agree with the "young secondary" logic. You're either real good or you're not real good. EV's secondary was better last year...period. They are still pretty good this year. A QB won't exploit them....a real good receiver will though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT