ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4B

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
What are some expectations for next year? Returning players, teams to look out for?

What are some expectations for next year? Returning players, teams to look out for?
Looks like Monacan/Louisa/EV loose 15-20 seniors. LT doesn't lose as many, and they got some top players returning. LT I would think is the favorite heading in to next year. I think EV still has a lot on the O-line and they always have good athletes, so I'm sure they will be very competitive. Replacing Lowry/Holmes will be interesting.

Have to start with Louisa. They'll return 17 of 22 starters. Only losing Smith, Allinder, Cosby and 1 OL. They are far and away the favorite in the Jefferson, I'd expect them to be the best team in 4B as well. Dinwiddie loses Pope but they've got young talent coming up. EV and Monacan both have programs that will reload rather than rebuild.

Reactions: blackknight_pride

Battlefield

EV is a factory at this point. Will be interesting to see how they replace all the big names. Lowry, Brown, Holmes, Lillard, Owen and Sites. They’ve won the JV Championship for a few years in a row. They’re to the point they’ll always be dangerous. Leake/Spangler/Southern top returning

Courtland brings back some talent on defense and had a good JV team. Lost a lot of firepower to graduation. Returns a lot of their OL.
Hanlon/Monroe/Reynosa top returning

Spotsy will be interesting moving up to 4B with that big OL and two sophomore backs 5 & 1 coming back. JV teams have been solid.
Colbert/Pendleton/Powers top returning

Chancellor has the QB and two RB’s Scott/fast kid back but not sure what they’re running with a new coach.
Scott/Carruthers/Edwards top returning

KG will be rebuilding but have some talent at LB and OL returning.
Campbell/Cox top returner

Caroline is rebuilding.

Louisa had some young guys in key spots but graduates a star. I don’t know much about the others.

Last edited:
I think Louisa will surely be the favorite in B. After two tough battles with EV I would be stupid to overlook the Cyclones and Monacan is always there. New comers Lee Davis, Spotsylvania and Orange can be good at times. Hanover and Powhatan improved and should be better next year.

After this years surprising season I don't know what to think about Dinwiddie. I honestly thought the Generals would be decent this year, but not a regional final team. I think Coach Mills did an unreal job piecing our defense together and getting all he could out of our young receivers. I agree with @one man we do have some young ones coming up and some decent talent still left, but we have to once again rebuild the o line. Not sure who will play quarterback. Colby Slade (Rising Sr.) is a much smaller version of Witt deserves a shot, but Brendon Hilton (Rising Sophomore) throws a beautiful ball and is very athletic. I think we will be fine at running back, but we need a couple of young receivers to step up. Barlow and Drumgoole return. Defensively, we return a mix of young and experience talent. The secondary should be okay, but once again we will have to develop linebackers. Stopping the run could be a problem again, but we do return 3 of 4 starters on the d line and one projected starter who tore his acl in the preseason. Overall, I think Dinwiddie will be decent, but the first three games (GW Danville, North Stafford and Massaponax) will be extremely tough to navigate, so who knows. If we can win 2 of 3 then I may be talking smack. lol

On a side note, I sure would like to see Oneman and a another certain knucklehead from the Lynchburg area make their way to Dinwiddie. We are in need of some young and talented coaches. We pay very well fellows. If you know of any good assistants who want to move up and desire to work for a well funded program tell them to shoot Coach Mills and email.

Battlefield

EV is a factory at this point. Will be interesting to see how they replace all the big names. Lowry, Brown, Holmes, Lillard, Owen and Sites. They’ve won the JV Championship for a few years in a row. They’re to the point they’ll always be dangerous. Leake/Spangler/Southern top returning

Courtland brings back some talent on defense and had a good JV team. Lost a lot of firepower to graduation. Returns a lot of their OL.
Hanlon/Monroe/Reynosa top returning

Spotsy will be interesting moving up to 4B with that big OL and two sophomore backs 5 & 1 coming back. JV teams have been solid.
Colbert/Pendleton/Powers top returning

Chancellor has the QB and two RB’s Scott/fast kid back but not sure what they’re running with a new coach.
Scott/Carruthers/Edwards top returning

KG will be rebuilding but have some talent at LB and OL returning.
Campbell/Cox top returner

Caroline is rebuilding.

Louisa had some young guys in key spots but graduates a star. I don’t know much about the others.
JM/Courtland/Chancellor have always been consistent. Just making the playoffs nowadays doesn't mean a whole lot. If significant improvement doesn't happen next season, that will probably be the longest (3-years) that these guys have all been less than very good for a while. Going into next year, you still have to say EV is the favorite and Spotsy is 2nd.

Reactions: 7time and OCBoy
JM/Courtland/Chancellor have always been consistent. Just making the playoffs nowadays doesn't mean a whole lot. If significant improvement doesn't happen next season, that will probably be the longest (3-years) that these guys have all been less than very good for a while. Going into next year, you still have to say EV is the favorite and Spotsy is 2nd.
Who replaces Lowry is the biggest question? They are very deep at rb with those freshman that played varsity. They can only get better and stronger.

Reactions: one man
Who replaces Lowry is the biggest question? They are very deep at rb with those freshman that played varsity. They can only get better and stronger.
Yes. Some very good defenders need to be replaced as well. I have no clue who the QB candidates will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT