ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4C Playoff Picture (est.) & Week 11 games

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Note: These numbers are UNOFFICIAL and likely slightly off in a few places. I'm likely the one in the wrong, so take these with a grain of salt.

Playoff Picture

1. Woodgrove (6-2), 29.25
2. Sherando (8-1), 27.78
3. Kettle Run (8-1), 27.33
4. Loudoun County (7-1), 26.75
5. Riverside (8-2), 26.3
6. Millbrook (7-2), 24.56

Outside Looking In
7. Liberty (4-5), 23.22
Handley (5-5), 21.9
Heritage (5-4), 20.89
James Wood (4-5), 20.89

Week 11 games
Game of the Week: Millbrook (7-2) at Sherando (8-1)

Sherando leads the all-time series 13-3. If you had only seen the last few games between these two teams though, I doubt you'd guess the gap was that large. Millbrook turned what was a close game at halftime against Liberty into a romp last weekend, winning 36-12. The Pioneers have won 6 of their last 7 games and seem to have finally gotten healthy.

Sherando demolished Fauquier last weekend, winning 49-6 (49-0 at half) with sophomore QB Chacai Campbell getting his first start as a Warrior. Sherando is currently banged up from a rough stretch of games near the middle of the season, but I expect QB Hunter Entsminger to be back in action against the Pioneers this Friday.

Sherando needs this win for a chance at the #2 seed in the Region C tournament; a loss could drop the Warriors to as far as the #5 seed. Needless to say there's a lot on the line, not least of which is the Barr-Lindon Crimson Apple trophy.

Prediction
Sherando 35, Millbrook 22

Loudoun County (7-1) at Heritage (5-4)

The Raiders are coming off a tough loss to cross-county foe Woodgrove, which ended their hopes at an undefeated season. Their opponents are the Heritage Pride, a team which had high aspirations at the beginning of the year but which has fallen short in big games. The Pride will have a chance at a winning season against a Raider team that is likely out to prove that the loss to Woodgrove was a fluke.

Prediction

Loudoun County 28, Heritage 13

Fauquier (0-8) at Liberty (4-5)
I think both teams have ended up with seasons that they wish had gone better. Liberty has some great pieces but not a whole puzzle yet. Both teams have a lot of young talent that I think will be able to showcase in this game.

Prediction
Liberty 48, Fauquier 12

Loudoun Valley (1-8) at Woodgrove (6-2)

These two schools are virtually right across the road from one another. Certainly their geographical relationship means that both teams are going to be looking for a fun, lighthearted contest to end the regular season...? Doubtful.

The Vikings are playing for pride and bragging rights, and Woodgrove needs this win to hold onto the #1 seed in the Region C tournament. This shouldn't be a close game though, right? I mean it's the number 1 seed versus a team that was behind a school that didn't field a team this year in points last week. On paper this should be a blowout. It may well be, but both teams are coming off big wins and anything can happen in a rivalry game.

Prediction

Woodgrove 42, Loudoun Valley 13

James Wood (4-5) at Kettle Run (8-1)
Earlier in the season I might've said that not a lot was on the line in this game. However, Kettle Run needs this win to still have a shot at the #2 seed in the playoffs (and a precious bye week), and they're facing a James Wood team that has been hot the past two weeks, including an upset win over their rival, Handley.

Kettle Run should win this game by a comfortable margin, but James Wood has found an ability to put up points in recent weeks, so the Cougars can't come out sleeping.

Prediction
Kettle Run 48, James Wood 14

Riverside - BYE
Dominion - BYE
Handley - BYE

Last edited:
Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT