Loudoun Valley - BYE
Millbrook 46, Washington (WV) 6
Riverside 18, Potomac Falls 0
Sherando 55, Broadway 6
James Wood 20, Skyline 14
Woodgrove 7, Broad Run 33

Notable games:
Handley 41, Clarke County 35
Handley is now 3-0 on the year and has, in my opinion, an outside chance at making the playoffs. Even if they lose to Sherando, Millbrook, and Kettle Run, the rest of the games on their schedule are winnable. Liberty isn't as good as I thought they'd be.

Heritage 6, John Champe 40
I thought John Champe might win this game but I didn't expect a blowout. Either this was an off night for the Pride or they aren't quite at the level I thought they were. They have a cupcake next weekend so that'll be a good opportunity to get some confidence back, which they'll need given their upcoming schedule.

Liberty 13, Culpeper County 21
I didn't expect Liberty to be 1-2 after three games. They're in great danger of missing the playoffs at this point.

Riverside 18, Potomac Falls 0
Sneaky sneaky. The Rams are now 3-0 and have pitched shutouts over the past two weeks (both against 5A competition). Riverside could be flying under the radar at this point in the season.

Woodgrove 7, Broad Run 33
Speaking of 1-2 teams, that's where Woodgrove finds themselves after week 3. There's no shame in losing to the likes of Massaponax and Broad Run, but with a game against Tuscarora next weekend and Dulles showdowns with Heritage and Loudoun County later in the season, the Wolverines can't afford more than one or two losses. The good news for Woodgrove is that Liberty isn't looking like the playoff shoe-in I thought they'd be, so 7-3 or 6-4 might be good enough to get into the playoffs after all.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT