ADVERTISEMENT

Region 5B In Fall of 2021

Even a blind hog finds a nut every now and then. Everyone said the same thing when the Giants beat the patriots in the Super Bowl. Fact is it took the worst game of a kids life for them to beat Highland springs. I guess you’ve never wondered why Varina only has three or four Division I players! The difference in talent is currently mine boggling! The difference in coaching and discipline is quite blatantly easy to see.
You trippin, HS in your mind must cant do any wrong lol give them people at varina credit they were prepared and held HS under 150 both games with HS going for 380 vs Henrico in between both match ups. HS is a top notch program but if they lost give credit to varina, HS will come back fully loaded with a chip on their shoulder

You trippin, HS in your mind must cant do any wrong lol give them people at varina credit they were prepared and held HS under 150 both games with HS going for 380 vs Henrico in between both match ups. HS is a top notch program but if they lost give credit to varina, HS will come back fully loaded with a chip on their shoulder
Varina has reloaded this year. They have one of the best DBs from SC transfer in who will pretty much do the same thing Isiah Paige did.. Kid’s name is Dabney and he already has a Virginia Tech offer. They lose a little on the O and D lines but they definitely going to be very good especially with Bobby Dunn throwing and running (he played last year on a torn ACL) the ball.

“IsAiH PaIGe iS tOo sMaLl”- @HooSprings

For those who don’t know. Isiah Paige is the young man pictured in the top right corner. Apparently he’s undersized and can’t ball according to the almighty Hoosprings :confused:o_O:eek:

I honestly hope they don't go to four. They had the chance to do that when they re-did the classes after the 2012 season and they did not. The size disparity from top to bottom in some classes I think would be too great. Bigger question is does the VHSL really want to give up two more state titles games and more money? If anything I think they should leave it at 6 classes but shorten the playoffs so that teams with losing records do not make the playoffs.
Yes, they are losing money by running too many playoffs (the gates are paying for it).

MID-CYCYLE ADJUSTMENTS:
Region 5A - Tidewater area
Region 5B - Peninsula area
Region 5C - RVa area
Region 5D - NW areas

Just noticed Massaponax is going back down to Class 5 but they will be in Reg D. Looks like Stone Bridge will be getting some tough competition up their way!

This year Massaponax should be favored in Reg B of Class 6. I fully expect an old school Oakton vs Smith circa 2008 type game in the playoffs this year!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT