ADVERTISEMENT

Region A #2 Lake Taylor vs #6 King’s Fork

Who Wins?

• Lake Taylor

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • King’s Fork

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
This game is very intriguing!! Very hard to call if KF continues to play to potential. A close call by one of them.

Last edited:
This game is very intriguing!! Very hard to call if KF continues to play to potential. A close call by one of them.

Gotta think if the offense can improve off last week's win, which they should, they'll be able to hold their own. I think defensively they will keep them in the game, barring a bunch of identic turnovers.

Kings Fork has the ability and speed to get outside but can they do it consistently?

@ForksUp, I understand why people think its a necessary to try and get to the edge on LT, but to be honest in the two of the three games (2013, 2014, and 2016) Dinwiddie has played LT we had better success with quick hitting dives right off the centers butt. Getting a hat on the crashing mlb is key though. Once you establish some form of run you can utilize play action passed against their press coverage.

@ForksUp, I understand why people think its a necessary to try and get to the edge on LT, but to be honest in the two of the three games (2013, 2014, and 2016) Dinwiddie has played LT we had better success with quick hitting dives right off the centers butt. Getting a hat on the crashing mlb is key though. Once you establish some form of run you can utilize play action passed against their press coverage.

Yeah, being able to get past that first level will cause problems for LT. I was thinking of that earlier today. Marc Dyer is a very athletic QB and if they can make that read consistently on the read option I think that will be successful also.

All that is easily said, doing it against them though is much harder.

Yeah, being able to get past that first level will cause problems for LT. I was thinking of that earlier today. Marc Dyer is a very athletic QB and if they can make that read consistently on the read option I think that will be successful also.

All that is easily said, doing it against them though is much harder.
Keep the faith brother and keep posting. You bring sound and reliable Region A analysis to the board. @mbonape1 and I have been talking about Kings Fork all year. They confuse the heck out of us. I can't imagine being a fan. Their awesome talent combined with their inconsistency would make me pull my hair out if I had any.

Keep the faith brother and keep posting. You bring sound and reliable Region A analysis to the board. @mbonape1 and I have been talking about Kings Fork all year. They confuse the heck out of us. I can't imagine being a fan. Their awesome talent combined with their inconsistency would make me pull my hair out if I had any.

Appreciate that. I like it here, VA has such great high school ball and I like learning more about it.

As far as being a fan, the talent runs deep. It's literally every where. Gotta get them to stay eligible and convince a few to play football as well as basketball. I knew there would be a step back. Last year's senior class was EXTREMELY talented and bought all the way in. Truthfully, that playoff loss last year hurt. Those guys were ALL IN.

I suspect there will always be discipline issues. These kids come from a pretty rough area and teaching discipline to 14-18 kids when they are used to the opposite is a tall task.

Next year will be better. Young talent taking a step forward. There are googo to be some studs in two years. JV QB and RB are 8th graders, JV I think lost 2 or 3 games this years. A 9th grade 6'1" receiver that can fly and has been on varsity all year. I think there is a state championship in the next 4-5 years barring injury. I've said before the culture change has happened and from this point it is working to get it into the middle school feeder program. That is turning out nicely as the middle school team (Middle school ball is played in the Spring in Suffolk) went undefeated this year and the closest game was 24-7. That team led by the same QB and RB combo that led the JV this year.

Yes you have to attack their speed with quick vertical plays. Ex hit the tight end running a seam route. I have not seen too many plays beating LT on the edge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT