ADVERTISEMENT

Region A Tournament

There are some potential ties for the bracket and here's how I think it'll go...

This is all assuming the multi-team tie-breaker goes the way I understand it... 2 team is pretty cut and dry from how it is stated...

If Maury and Kecoughtan tie...
Maury 1-1 vs. Norview
Keco 0-1 vs. Norview

Maury wins tie-breaker with Kecoughtan on 2nd tie-breaker

If Maury and Indian River tie...
Maury 6-1 vs. 5A East teams (def. DCreek, def. Salem, 2 def. Granby, def. Bayside, 1-1 vs. Norview)
Indian River 3-1 vs. 5A East teams (2 def. Hickory, 1 def. DCreek, 1 loss to NR)

Maury wins tie-breaker with Indian River on 3rd tie-breaker (record vs. all 5A East foes)
* Maury did go 1-1 vs. Lake Taylor, while Indian River was 1-0 vs. LT

If Maury, IR, Keco tie...

Maury 6-1 vs. 5A East (see above)
IR 3-1 vs. 5A East (see above)
Keco 5-2 vs. 5A East (2-0 vs. Glo, 0-1 vs. Norv, 1-1 vs. Bethel, 2-0 vs. Woodside)

If Bethel and PA tie...

PA wins tie-breaker on 3rd tie-breaker (record vs. all 5A East foes)

PA 9-2 vs. 5A East pending 1 GR game.... 6-0 vs. Cox/Salem/Bayside + beat Kemps, GR, FC
PA lost to FC and Kempsville

Bethel 4-2 vs. 5A East pending 1 Woodside game.... 2-0 vs. Gloucester + beat Woodside, Keco
Bethel lost to Kecoughtan and Norview

If Woodside and Kempsville tie...

Kempsville wins tie-breaker on 3rd tie-breaker (record vs. all 5A East foes)

Kemps - 8-5 vs. 5A East pending 1 Bayside game... 5-0 vs. Granby/Salem/Bay + wins over Cox, Bay, FC, PA
Kemps with losses to PA, Cox, FC and 0-2 vs. Green Run

Woodside - 2-4 vs. 5A East pending 1 Bethel game ... 2-0 vs. Glo, 0-2 vs. Keco + lost to Norv & Bethel

So to recap....

5 way tie of Maury/IR/Keco/Bethel/PA goes: Maury 6-1 (85.7%), PA 10-2 (83.3%), IR 3-1, BET 5-2, Kec 7-4

3. Maury, 4. PA, 5. IR, 6. Bethel, 7. Kecoughtan

Occurs with Maury losing to Churchland, KFork def. IRiver, Mench def. Keco, PA def. GRun, Beth def. Wood

4 way tie of Bethel/PA/Woodside/Kempsville goes: PA 10-3 (76.9%), Kem 9-5 (64.3%), B 4-3 (57.1%), W 3-4

6. PA, 7. Kempsville, 8. Bethel, 9. Woodside
Occurs with GR def. PA, Kemps def. Bayside, Woodside def. Bethel.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
@matthew328826 will the 5A semi’s be played at the Scope and what day? I see the quarters will be played at Green Run and Norview on Tuesday and Wednesday.

@matthew328826 will the 5A semi’s be played at the Scope and what day? I see the quarters will be played at Green Run and Norview on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Yes - the Semis and Finals for 5A will be played at Scope. Semis for 5A are slated for Fri. Feb. 28 at Scope. Girls games are at 2 and 4 PM, with Boys to follow at 6 and 8 PM. The 5A Region Finals will be on Tuesday, March 3rd at Scope.

Yes - the Semis and Finals for 5A will be played at Scope. Semis for 5A are slated for Fri. Feb. 28 at Scope. Girls games are at 2 and 4 PM, with Boys to follow at 6 and 8 PM. The 5A Region Finals will be on Tuesday, March 3rd at Scope.
You’re a life saver. Thanks a bunch!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT